Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

Thanks Khraevyn! Do you mean the pots my plants are in? If that's what you're asking, those are old pots my Apple and Pear trees came in.. I'd say 3-4 gal..... disinfected of course. I have the one big Sativa in a regular hardware store 5 gal. bucket. I'm hoping to do an outside grow this summer too. I figured with the set up I have now, I could easily get a few started in maybe April and transplant them to the outside. :peace:

How are you getting your smilies? I just hit the icon above and there is a "more" button on that... although I did find a list of them somewhere on here... can't find the damn thing again!!

I thought the pic was of a bucket for planting. It's just nutes I guess then? And as far as the smilies, yeah I hit the little bar. Didn't see a more link, but i will look. Thank you!!!!:party::Rasta:

i cant wait .. my room is smelling all fruity from all the different strains .. just wait the smell is going to start hitting u in the face when when u open the door !!

i cant wait .. my room is smelling all fruity from all the different strains .. just wait the smell is going to start hitting u in the face when when u open the door !!

Think about it..... if this grow goes all the way, I'll get to smoke stuff I grew myself... I was gonna say "all by myself" but that would be forgetting that without all the help I've gotten right here in this journal, every plant in that room would have been dead long ago!!
That's why when I greet new people to our community, I encourage them to start a journal... sometimes I'm afraid I might come off too strong... hope not, but I really think it's important. The coolest part of the whole thing is feeling like the further along I go, the more I can help those newer than I am... or even those who maybe have more time doing this but didn't experience something that I have? The best thing is that I know there are people coming here who maybe by just making them feel a part of, instead of apart from, may make all the difference.... if that makes any sense???? Enough... I'm rambling. lol :peace: New nutes tomorrow!

you are due all the credit !! it was your decision to grow and seek out the best knowledge around ..i think the messages u put on the thread are perfect . not fake and everything u say is helpful .

I think your Sleekstack is a girl but would need to see a close up of one of the nodes (the bit where the fan leaf/branches meet the main stem) near the top of the plant to be sure.
And I think your wild child is absolutely adorable!

congrats !!! i told u i was going to be seeing your name up there soon!

Thanks man. Just seems pretty much like it's limited to the tips curling under. I started this grow in the middle of August... that's 3 months ago and my girls have gotten nothing but water mixed with Miracle-Gro plant food this entire time. I've realized that it's time to run with the big dogs or stay on the porch so I'm gonna PRY some money out of my wallet tomorrow and go buy some Jack's Classic bloom booster. I've done a little research and it seems people have been happy with it. It meets my number 1 criteria.... it's CHEAP! lol
I do have to say this though... I've read nothing good at all on this site about Miracle-Gro and almost everything about it has been negative. I will have no problem at all using it again for veg. if I find myself in a financial bind like I was when I started this grow! My plants look pretty darn good and I'm happy with it. Having said that, I think once I started to flower, Miracle-Gro has reached its limit. I look at a ton of journals and although my plants are looking good in general and are putting on some mass, they're not doing it nearly as fast as most grows that are using more.... "specialized"... nutes. Any how... it can't hurt to use a proven product.... so off I go as soon as I wake up at the crack of noon. :peace:

Hi Beato. I have previously only used MG as my sole nutrient source; mainly because all of my previous grows were stealth and I was limited in time. I needed medicine w/ an easy button and was only focused on quantity and potency. My plants have always produced very good yields of potent and tasty smoke, however I am certain that incorporating some specialized nutrients at the right times will improve the flavor and quality and it likely could have an impact on maturity and bud fill too. Now that I have my very own full-time grow room for the first time, I am looking forward to incorporating and experimenting with some different inputs and mediums. I would say however, that for first time growers my biggest recommendation would be to keep it as simple as possible in order to establish the fundamentals. Basic salt fertilizers like MG can be more straight forward and easier to discern and correct problems for beginners vs overcomplicating with cocktails of specialized pre-made soils and additives. Just my thoughts...looking good Beato and thanks again for sharing! Cheers!

I think your Sleekstack is a girl but would need to see a close up of one of the nodes (the bit where the fan leaf/branches meet the main stem) near the top of the plant to be sure.
And I think your wild child is absolutely adorable!

PearlThePixie, Thanks for taking a look! The pictures below are an "attempt" to show what you're asking for.... my photography leaves something to be desired I'm afraid. :) These are all of the Skunk:

1skunk.JPG

DSCN16575.JPG

DSCN16583.JPG

Skunk1650.JPG

Skunk1655.JPG

Skunk1659.JPG

I hope maybe you can tell something from this... I'm really liking this plant! :peace:

That's funny man! My wife was just saying... "you better not have anyone come over to visit.... that REALLY smells up there!" LOL
:peace:

That's funny man! My wife was just saying... "you better not have anyone come over to visit.... that REALLY smells up there!" LOL
:peace:

LOL, that sounds familiar Beateo! I was really worried about the smell midway - it seems like there's a time period between days 30ish and 50ish that the plants are extremely skunky. Now in flowering it's more pungent spicey and not skunky at all. Looking forward to upgrading my room to include controlled air in and out flow, temp. and humidity management, including a carbon air scrubber. Cheers dawg!

I started feeding today with the new nutes. I have to say I'm a bit nervous and hoping when I open that door tomorrow all the girls are healthy.
Question for my various mentors and gurus.... :) I think all is good but since switching to 12/12 and flowering, my grow room humidity has gone from the 50% range all the way down to the mid to upper 30%s. I'm thinking it's no coincidence that that is also just about when we started running our furnace? Could low humidity be any problem for plants as far along as mine? Thanks! :peace:

your rh sounds good . like said above u want a lower humidity in flower . i bought a carbon filter on my first grow . im on my 5th now and still haven't used it once .

I started feeding today with the new nutes. I have to say I'm a bit nervous and hoping when I open that door tomorrow all the girls are healthy.
Question for my various mentors and gurus.... :) I think all is good but since switching to 12/12 and flowering, my grow room humidity has gone from the 50% range all the way down to the mid to upper 30%s. I'm thinking it's no coincidence that that is also just about when we started running our furnace? Could low humidity be any problem for plants as far along as mine? Thanks! :peace:

Hi Beateo, I agree with Pearl and DL re: your humidity in the 30% range being ok - although I'm not sure you would want to go lower than that. Is the 50% during nighttime and upper 30s% during lights on? Just presuming since my RH is always higher with lights off and the room temp. drops. Is your furnace forced air? Cheers!

:slide: :slide: :slide: :slide:

Hi Beateo, I agree with Pearl and DL re: your humidity in the 30% range being ok - although I'm not sure you would want to go lower than that. Is the 50% during nighttime and upper 30s% during lights on? Just presuming since my RH is always higher with lights off and the room temp. drops. Is your furnace forced air? Cheers!

:slide: :slide: :slide: :slide:

I think the problem is that when I retired, I thought..... why pay for fuel oil when I have all this land to cut firewood on?? So, I put in a whole house forced air wood furnace... I can't imagine anything DRYER! I'm almost certain that's the cause... I was really just wanting to find out what you all thought about the 30%.... Room has been dropping off to about 70F when the lights first go on in the morning and going up to about 82F for a max in the evening. And you're right.. .the humidity is doing exactly what yours is. :) :thanks: :peace:

Awesome re: the wood burning furnace. I burn about 4-5 chords through our medium sized wood stove every winter and it drys the air out too. Forced air definitely dries out the max. My humidity has been creeping up in the low 60% the past week of dark cycles because the room has been dropping below 60F consistently instead of staying at the 61-64F I was getting up until now. I have in-floor radiant heat which is awesome, however the entire floor my grow is on is on one zone so I have to heat the whole upstairs to keep the room above 60F. Do you guys have any thoughts on the optimal nighttime temp? I've seen a lot of variation in here and I can only imagine that it is different for a lot of strains. Mine seem to go a little dormant and stretch if the night/off cycle falls below 60F. Also Beateo, the temperature of the area right at the top of may plants (closest to the light is about 7" now) has gotten to 90F several times and I haven't seen any notable problems however I think I prefer it to be in the low 80's there and in the upper 70's mid canopy. Mine has fortunately come back down to the lower 80s this week since the temps have dropped below 28F at night - can you believe it...AK in Novemeber and no snow and 30 deg nights lmao! Happy growing, it's an overalls and gloves kinda work day today harvesting and inventorying seeds and needing to do some defoliation - gettin' a little bushy in there. Cheers

The transformation I've seen in my very 1st grow from veg to flower has been something that's hard for me to describe! Hopefully not sounding "corny" but the word I think best describes it is... MAGICAL... like a ugly caterpillar changing to a beautiful butterfly! It's a little embarrassing too.... my girls have hair now where they didn't have any before. lol They're starting to really get fuzzy looking... I'm thinking I need to do some trimming fan leaves that are blocking some of the pistils from direct light? Temperature this morning at lights on was 72F, humidity was at 39%. Gave them a really good soaking last night with their new nutes.
TIP: anyone who decides to build your own lighting "harness" like I did... probably a good idea to put the same strain plants under it because keeping it adjusted for different growth rates is a real pain in the ass! :) (when I say pain in the ass, I really mean labor of love)
I can't express enough appreciation for all of the help I've gotten right here on these pages!!! I have developed some really great (although anonymous) relationships here. I have one I would consider a mentor and several I consider to be my own personal go-to gurus! lol It's all been great fun so far. Thanks to you all. That's the coolest thing about this community.... we get tons of help from the more experienced among us and then we reach a certain level of knowledge ourselves and then get to start to help others in some small way! This site really is quite unique in that way I believe. The hardest thing now for me is to leave my plants the hell alone! I have to keep remembering one of the first things I learned was that we kill our plants with too much.. too much nutes, too much water, too much of what we think is love. Leaving them alone is tough. Ramblin' again..... Have a great day all! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom