Blazin A Trail Through A Soil Coco Setup - Mystery Strains - An Alien Kush 2016

Blazinjones

I am doing a soil setup This run instead of another hydro jus till my shed out back is done being put up then I will do hydro again but 4 rite now I'm guna do a soil run this is the list of everything I'm using in my setup

For the soil I'm using happy frog potting soil coco coir and perlite I also am using buried treasure nitro bat guano and also doin a super tea mix that I have been brewing 4 2days and have fed the microbes with unsulphured molasses

Lights: I have 1 mars hydro led full spectrum cube for my veging area and 2 more for the flowering area and it's specs. Are as follows
Power consumption:140w +5%
Voltage: (AC): 85-265v
Frequency:50/60Hz
I do the lights 18/6 for the veg area and 12/12 for the flowering area
I'm using fox farms nutes for nutrients and they are
Big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom, flowers kiss also for a foiler spray, boomerang, kanganroots, micrrobe brew, wholly mackerel, kelp me kelp you, bembe, open sesame, beastie bloomz, cha ching.
20160903_211312.jpg

These ones were put in soil on August13th
20160903_211441.jpg

This is one of the ones put into soil on August13th and has ever so slightly yellowing on the tips of the new growth Idk if I should n worried or not
20160903_211530.jpg

These were put in soil on July 31st

20160905_213057.jpg

This 1 is developing sum yellow tips on the newer growth Idk if its a problem yet or not but if sum1 cud tell me I wud greatly appreciate it thank you

20160905_213929.jpg

And this 1 at the bottom of the pic not the 2 in the background has a few leaves tht r curling up or canoing like. Any1 wit info on y this mite b happening I wud greatly appreciate it :thanks::Namaste:

hi
Found you through your signature in our PM :bravo:

Is their soil wet?
Do you give them nutrients? Maybe too much?

Have you looked for pests? On leaves in soil or in run off water?

Keep an eye on the tips.. if you notice more yellow or something else.

Soil is damp I wait till COMPLETLY dry like slightly drooping then I water I use fox farm nutes and I only have done microbe super tea brew once idk how often 2 add tht. I do plain RO water with cal-mag ph'd to btween 6.3 n 6.7 twice then do a nute feed and so on and I do slightly under a half dose for nutes and so far for pest not to much jus a few flys like houseflys cause where I live my place has a shit ton of flys outside lol

20160907_135859.jpg

Since no1 got back 2me soon enuf I jus went ahead n transplanted the one plant tht I cud feel the root ball wit my finger wen I wud put my finger in the soil 2 c if it was wet underneath 2c if I needed 2 water them r not n this is the size container I put it in its a 2.5 gal. Water jug
20160907_135250.jpg

And this is a pic of my whole lil garden the veg area I'm thinking on switching the ones tht were planted on July 31st to flower stage in like 2 weeks. Unless sum1 who knows more then I tells me different? I always love constructive criticism so please bend my ear if u see me doin sumthn wrong or sumthn tht I cud b doin better

Hey. I generally only bother ph-ing and adding whatever nutes and supplements needed to the last pail of water I run through the pot, not the flushing previous to that. Imo plain RO water doesn't really need to be adjusted for ph anyway as it's essentially empty and neutral (won't affect the ph of your medium much if at all ). I use rainwater not RO but the same principle should apply I believe. Add a drop of ph up or down to a gallon of rainwater and you're going to see a big shift. The opposite applies- the rainwater will easily conform to the ph of your soil/medium. Of course- if you're adding calmag at the end you will then need to adjust ph because of the effect of the calmag.

just wandered in to look at your journal...

Thank u 4 stopn by and commentating please stick around threw out this grow of mine n give any pointers or tips or whatever I always love constructive criticism and learning new ways to grow this fickle plant lol so yea feel free 2 chime in if u see me doing sumthn wrong or tht u think mite b better or may b not necessarily better but ur own way of doin whatever it mite b at the time ya no and again thanx for stopn by have any1 u no stop by n give pointers or jus leave comments its all welcome in here

So 2 day I went down 2 the hydro store And bought a few goodies I got a new ph pen since the cheap one I had was shit and took a shit lol so I got this nice new1 n it even does ppm n temp n ph all in one n I don't have 2 sit hunched over for 10 min waiting for it 2 stabilize either it's almost instantaneous I love it. I also got another small brick of coco so I can mix up another batch of soil coco perlite bat shit and I also got this new stuff for wen I run out of my fox farm nutes I'm planing on going 100% organic soil mixture or try my thumb at high brix growing but either way my new soil fertilizer is alfalfa meal all natural fertilizer made from the brand down to earth then I also got a new microscope so I can c wen the triches start turning more Amber which is what I'm going for since I like the more indica stone (tht couch lock stone) but so far if I'm seeing it right I don't notice any Amber triches but they r almost all milky now like 85% milky 15% still clear I figure give her one more week n go from there and as I dnt know what the strain is on this one idk if its an indica or sativa unless sum1 knows of a way 2 tell by lookn at it like does indica hav a different leaf pattern then sativa or anything like tht tht wud allow me 2 find out b4 harvest

Ok so if I understand right then I do not ph adjust the ro water when I am doing a flush am I right? And then also do I add the cal-mag2 the ro water b4 I flush or no don't add it

When I do a flush I run quite a lot of water through the pot. I don't bother to ph that water or add calmag till the end. But after the flushing is done- at the end I make sure to give all the plants a batch of ph balanced water with calmag and whatever other nutrients they need at the time. There's no point flushing with Calmag or nutes because you're just wasting it. But just at the end of the flushing session the plants should have their pots filled with whatever they need- ph balanced nutes, calmag- whatever they're getting at the time. Leaving them in a barren pot that's been completely flushed of all nutrients isn't a good idea unless they are at the end of their life and ready to harvest.

Know what I mean?

I was trying to answer your PM but got caught up in different things..
Weasel said the same thing
When flushing.. nothing is added since it is like throwing it away..
but, why do you want to flush? It is done if you have made a mistake in fertilizers and are risking a burn or in the end of flower...

You can start thinking about re potting your babies. They look big enough. Just know that it is netter to re pot when they are dry.

The reason I'm doing a flush is cuz this is only my first time doin this well second technically but my first is in the last week of harvest so I consider this my first try really but yea so I'm following fox farms nute schedual and it says 2 do a flush 3 times threw out the life cycle first at 4 weeks and then after the 7th week and again after the 10th week that's just what the chart says 2 do I figured aftr I had a couple harvests under my belt I will no more then 2 able 2 not use the chart and go more on my own

So wen u say plain water shud I jus use tap water or the ro water I buy cuz if I can use tap water which is a natural well. And tht wud save me a lot of money cuz I buy my ro water for a dollar a gal. So tht can start 2 get alil pricey lol

Well I would use the well water in a heart beat.. I assume it is drinking water?!
If it is anything like my dad's well... it is pure heavenly water !!

Yea it is drinkable but wen I did the ph is had a ph of almost 10 so wud tht b safe 2 use or wud it b better w keep using ro water and if Thts the case shud I jus get this unit for 150 bux USD to make my own ro water

Back
Top Bottom