Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

Packing weight b.

they're a little back of where i'm normally at on a grow. i'm just happy i haven't killed them. i have completely forgotten how an indoor summer grow runs.

they're a little back of where i'm normally at on a grow. i'm just happy i haven't killed them. i have completely forgotten how an indoor summer grow runs.

Don’t let the expectations beat you, you got them on the sweet spot I think 🤔 6 weeks you could have double the size you got right now. These Acapulco spear stack pretty high.

Don’t let the expectations beat you, you got them on the sweet spot I think 🤔 6 weeks you could have double the size you got right now. These Acapulco spear stack pretty high.

would be nice but i'm sort of thinking i'm seeing the majority of what i'm getting right now. they've fed way more picky than most of my winter grows. i went to daily feeds a bit earlier than normal, and that's saved my bacon.

they're not feeding as aggressively as i expected. i push hard too, harder than most growers, i've had to tone back my approach.

Go hard or go home, Jon.

I didn’t check the mix I made yesterday for the girls in veg but the one before was at 2.2 EC

i'm probably about the same. recommended is .5 ec under. i almost always wind up running higher than the recommended chart.

Hey all noob here was directed to this thread by a member. I just found out about hempy buckets and I'm caught up in the HYPE! Jk it's not hype it is genius from what I can tell. I have issues keeping tent cool 93° at times, this is an issue that is an easy fix so I'm dealing with it. So any dwc will get way to warm for a noob so my thinking is the hempy bucket will give me the hydro advantages without the temp issues for the water at least. This is a lot to read any links to specific posts? Thanks all

Hey all noob here was directed to this thread by a member. I just found out about hempy buckets and I'm caught up in the HYPE! Jk it's not hype it is genius from what I can tell. I have issues keeping tent cool 93° at times, this is an issue that is an easy fix so I'm dealing with it. So any dwc will get way to warm for a noob so my thinking is the hempy bucket will give me the hydro advantages without the temp issues for the water at least. This is a lot to read any links to specific posts? Thanks all
You should look into SIP as well. Check out the auto Oasis link on my signature. There's also a SIP thread.

Hey all noob here was directed to this thread by a member. I just found out about hempy buckets and I'm caught up in the HYPE! Jk it's not hype it is genius from what I can tell.

it's pretty simple.

I have issues keeping tent cool 93° at times, this is an issue that is an easy fix so I'm dealing with it. So any dwc will get way to warm for a noob so my thinking is the hempy bucket will give me the hydro advantages without the temp issues for the water at least

it's more hands on than dwc but far less work and super easy to run.

This is a lot to read any links to specific posts? Thanks all

just let me know if there is anything in particular you want to learn.

the h202 flush perked everybody up a bit and reset the nute uptake. i flooded them right out and let them starve for 24hrs before feeding. was wondering about gnats, but there was nothing come running to the surface when i flushed, or they simply didn't make it lol. :p

full

it put a little green back into everyone. the build continues, they put some weight on in the last few days.

full

some of the pistils have started to turn but there's loads of new ones still coming in.

full

i'm dancing right in between a potassium excess and a deficiency. they are using more than ever now but we've been feeding aggressive.

full

the cupping is a heat curl. it's more pronounced on the acapulco sativa leaves and is pretty uniform across the top of the canopy. the edging was an early potassium ask, but could also indicate an excess if not careful. the upward curl at the end of the leaves shows we rebounded on it a little too much.

potassium can interfere a bit with calcium uptake. this lower gelato leaf shows the progression beginning.

full

i pulled a couple leaves just to ensure i wasn't looking at anything predatory and adjusted the calmag a bit to compensate.

the gelato have been rewarding me for the changes by fattening up.

full

the buds have more of a chunky structure. i'm gonna run a little h202 in the mix, the plants handle the higher temps just a bit better with it. hempy usually gets a touch of root rot by the end, and the h202 will keep it cleared up.

the acapulco gold are working on the spears.

full

they've been feeding just a little lighter than the gelato and feel the nutes a bit more. i've been watching these for excess. a few are getting heavy enough to need some support.

full

fairly happy right now. have to stay ahead and make sure i bring them in.

full

i'm guessing i'm in a 4 to 6 wk window. will have to watch hard to see if they slow down on feeding, i might be able to pull back just a bit, i'm looking for them to plateau.

3 weeks ETA? Maybe that Acapulco will take you for an extra week or 2 around the beach...

they are both sativa heavy so i'm guessing they'll run long. i've been on hermie patrol pretty hard as well. can get to be an issue when they run long in the heat.

they are both sativa heavy so i'm guessing they'll run long. i've been on hermie patrol pretty hard as well. can get to be an issue when they run long in the heat.

Good move on that hermie patrol b, I would put all my chips on that heat being a potential source of hermie stress as they been handling the feeding pretty good. That Acapulco should handle some heat as the lineage is from a very hot zone. On the other hand August come in temps should drop a couple of degrees maybe helping out cooling your building and your grow area.
Its dropped a couple of degrees here at night.

Stoked to see the finishing line

Good move on that hermie patrol b, I would put all my chips on that heat being a potential source of hermie stress as they been handling the feeding pretty good. That Acapulco should handle some heat as the lineage is from a very hot zone. On the other hand August come in temps should drop a couple of degrees maybe helping out cooling your building and your grow area.
Its dropped a couple of degrees here at night.

we're just coming out of a heat wave today. everything's running a good 5c above what i like in the flower room. i've been hitting between 29 - 32c at the peak and dropping to 22 - 24c at lights out.

it's in line with what they can handle but is a bit in the high side.

Stoked to see the finishing line

could be ok. it's the first time i let myself think that lol ..

hempys are all happy today

full

pistils are starting to turn, it's still pushing loads of new ones though. pretty sure we've turned the corner. they are eating everything i'm giving them these days, the res is nearly spent by feeding time.

they got loads more stable since i started adding a little h202 to the feed. i'm thinking it's a tool i should have been using in hempy for a while. probably just keep it to flower, it doesn't seem needed any other time.

one of the gelato has started giving me an awful look.

full

i figured mites for sure but it's isolated to one plant. there's no way only one could be infected. i've been expecting something like this all summer. i've never done a summer grow with no pests.

after removing a couple leaves and scoping the plant all over with the loupe i came up empty on the mites. leaves me at a bit of a loss, but it points to calmag if it isn't, so i increased calmag input and things seem to have evened out. the jury is still deliberating, i'm not convinced. if anything shows up on another plant i'll have the confirmation.

at present i'm feeding :
8L RO
12ml calmag
10g MC
2g BE
12ml 27% h202

Did you scope the underside of the leaves?

It first looked like a mild calcium deficiency until I saw you were feeding cal-mag, then I took a closer look and see the spotting. If mites, you definitely want to separate it, assuming the others aren't already infested. :goodluck:

all over. i'm thinking i just haven't found them yet. just can't figure why not. there's damage at the spot sites on the underside, but i haven't found eggs yet. often you can find the eggs before the mites.

It first looked like a mild calcium deficiency until I saw you were feeding cal-mag, then I took a closer look and see the spotting. If mites, you definitely want to separate it, assuming the others aren't already infested.

they been crammed so close they'd all have to have them.

i'm close enough to finish to let it go and do a bud wash at hang. i've been doing a heavy banana watch, and this showed up when i was out of town for 4 days. of course. otherwise, i would have seen the early signs.

i'm gonna go over it again today. it's not uniformly affected. it's mostly in the mid fans, generally in stuff starting to yellow a bit.

i might have enough time to run a hot shot or a single bomb with enough to let it off gas before chop, but the window is closing, and i generally don't run a chemical in flower.

It first looked like a mild calcium deficiency until I saw you were feeding cal-mag, then I took a closer look and see the spotting. If mites, you definitely want to separate it, assuming the others aren't already infested. :goodluck:
Cal-mag is not needed with a complete plant food with a totally inert medium. If the minerals are not available their not in pH range for uptake. Ca:Mg ratio in MC has been proven many times and I've used that formula from start to finish in Aero without any added "Cal-mag". That's with RO water.

MC one part is a little low in Mg but that's about it. Saying a plant food who contains more Ca than most complete plant food and a third of the EC coming from straight Calcium nitrate and still wanting to add more Ca you can't understand minerals and how their interactions affect pH? The only thing the added Cal-mag does is band-aiding the pH related problems raising it to be more in range for uptake.

Cal-mag is not needed with a complete plant food with a totally inert medium. If the minerals are not available their not in pH range for uptake. Ca:Mg ratio in MC has been proven many times and I've used that formula from start to finish in Aero without any added "Cal-mag". That's with RO water.

MC one part is a little low in Mg but that's about it. Saying a plant food who contains more Ca than most complete plant food and a third of the EC coming from straight Calcium nitrate and still wanting to add more Ca you can't understand minerals and how their interactions affect pH? The only thing the added Cal-mag does is band-aiding the pH related problems raising it to be more in range for uptake

it was mites. pretty much have them defeated now.

i used to be a decent hobby welder but i need to get back into it. i'm ok on structural and anyplace it doesn't need to be seen but i don't get any practice. i got a lincoln 180mig for a home welder.
Lincoln makes a good welder but I always preferred Miller. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom