Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

how many lost internet folk you think are gonna click on this looking for hipsters or hamsters ?

this will be the second 420 journal. hoping to make it the ongoing home.

will be growing hempy style. straight perlite media in either 2L or 5L buckets.
passive hydro style similar to coco.

there is a fantastic thread on the style, hempy headquarters, started by a great member @SweetSue.
recommended for those looking for more info on the method.

will be growing with Mega Crop nutrients.
it's a self-mixed single-part amino-chelate based nutrient meant for start to finish. that's a lot of hyphens.

there is an ongoing discussion on it over at the mega crop thread. read through if interested in the nutrient, and make sure to join in.

aside from the Mega Crop, we have h2o2, RO water, ph buffers, calmag, and possibly molasses in the toolbox.
will be trying to rely on the MC almost entirely. this is a test of the nutrient. will be looking to use little or no calmag or molasses.

lighting will be handled by diy cob rigs.
the veg light is a 200 watt actual draw 4 pot cob rig, with burple 5050 smds added for ramp up/down and seedling stage.
the flower light is a 12 pot 600 watt actual draw straight cob rig.

both rigs are a mix of 3000K and 3500K citizen clu048 1212's.

there are two rooms. fort st veg/clone, and the jungle room.
the jungle room currently has 5 hempys running. this journal is starting with the new crew from seed.

tour of the facilities :

this is fort st veg/clone - during shutdown and cleaning

full

reclaimed area under a stairwell. it still has to share with some storage. heat challenged space, note the heater. it makes for a great winter environment when the heat from the cob rig is added in. the reflective insulation is as much for heat retention as light reflection.

the light is solid (sorta) mounted. i use the shelving units to raise/lower the plants.
also easier on older backs.

full

control panel. i pull from a drop box and run power drops with breakers in this room. the room snaps down before the main. theoretically.
didn't have a choice on that. factually. not theoretically.

full

simple curtain type door. the space is built as room in room, i do all my spaces as room in room... reduces need to be extremely light tight.
the fan/filter combo circulates internally. not my first choice, but it is ok for a veg room under the present circumstances.

fort st veg/clone light.

full

there was no proper structure to mount anything from the ceiling. tied into what solid framing there is and compromised.
you can see the filter above the light.. the fan had to be mounted on a board previous to installing from the inside.

full

and the jungle room

full

waaay better built space. intended as a permanent install.
pic taken during the light rig upgrade. can pretty much see everything but the fan filter combo.

the power is on a dedicated circuit for the room. the reflective insulation is mostly because we didn't want to drywall and paint. there is sound deadening insulation behind the silver.

fan and filter combo...

full

stepped up to a phresh filter and the reduced obstruction has caused a small issue with increased negative pressure.
just living with it for now.

the jungle room is reclaimed area from an unfinished shower space. it was originally intended for more active hydro grows. we kept the drain available if ever needed.

full

there is a way more involved thread in my sig if anyone wants to page thru the build. i use three of the shelving units in this space as well to make a floating floor. start dropping the floor as the light rig maxes out.

jungle room at work

full

the two areas are literally miles apart. which makes for an interesting motoring experience at some point in the process.

here are the genetics i'm starting this journal with

full

dr seeds tangie, northern lights cbd, and lsd.

this is primarily a medical slanted grow. i need a couple workhorses for cbd and thc based meds. the majority will be used for canna pills and topicals. recreational will comprise the rest. northern lights is a given, but i dunno if the lsd or tangie is up to heavier lifting. i'm producing for three adults in limited space lol

also debating number of beans to drop and how many of each. either 4 or 6 to start. wanna run an 8 clone 2L hempy off this inital grow as well.

at least 50% are going to be the NL. just gotta figger the rest. i was using black indica and cbdream with decent results previous. time came for changes and new things.

gotta tag up some of the peeps who helped get me here

@SweetSue cause she is the godmom of hempy and most things med here
@DrDoob one of the first to help me figger this new thing out
@Virgin ground for the fun and killer surprised frog
@Chris Scorpio for even more fun
@InTheShed like of course, duh
@Pennywise cause is there a thread he hasn't helped ?
@Emilya cause see above ^
@Old Salt who i really wanna buy a maritime beer
@TorturedSoul for real politic not real politics
@MrSauga who went from hobbyist to holy shit before i even got my nutes figgered
@FelipeBlu the solid hempster
@Jack420 cause i need to stay abreast of cell phone posting brother
all the MC thread peeps @farside05 , @West Hippie , @Homer Simpson , @Baron Von Blurple

will cross post in the hempy headquarters and MC threads for all those i missed up

i got the home style seed incubator warming.....

full

help me get this started .. 4 or 6 ? whatcha think ? how many of each guys ?

lol gotta drop them tonight or tomorrow.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ah, hempy - lacking the buffering ability of a soil grow whilst simultaneously lacking the active aeration of a DWC grow.

Why do we do it? :rolleyes: Maybe dope really does kill brain cells?

anyway, y'all have fun, and good luck to... whoever it is that's doing the grow. The guy that paged me and called my morals into question, I guess.

how many lost internet folk you think are gonna click on this looking for hipsters or hamsters ?

this will be the second 420 journal. hoping to make it the ongoing home.

will be growing hempy style. straight perlite media in either 2L or 5L buckets.
passive hydro style similar to coco.

there is a fantastic thread on the style, hempy headquarters, started by a great member @SweetSue.
recommended for those looking for more info on the method.

will be growing with Mega Crop nutrients.
it's a self-mixed single-part amino-chelate based nutrient meant for start to finish. that's a lot of hyphens.

there is an ongoing discussion on it over at the mega crop thread. read through if interested in the nutrient, and make sure to join in.

aside from the Mega Crop, we have h2o2, RO water, ph buffers, calmag, and possibly molasses in the toolbox.
will be trying to rely on the MC almost entirely. this is a test of the nutrient. will be looking to use little or no calmag or molasses.

lighting will be handled by diy cob rigs.
the veg light is a 200 watt actual draw 4 pot rig, with burple 5050 smds added for ramp up/down and seedling stage.
the flower light is a 12 pot 600 watt actual draw straight cob rig.

both rigs are a mix of 3000K and 3500K citizen clu048 1212's.

there are two rooms. fort st veg/clone, and the jungle room.
the jungle room currently has 5 hempys running. this journal is starting with the new crew from seed.

tour of the facilities :

this is fort st veg/clone - during shutdown and cleaning

full

reclaimed area under a stairwell. it still has to share with some storage. heat challenged space, note the heater. it makes for a great winter environment when the heat from the cob rig is added in. the reflective insulation on the wall is as much for heat retention as light reflection.

the light is solid (sorta) mounted. i use the shelving units to raise/lower the plants.
also easier on older backs.

full

control panel. i pull from a drop box and run power drops with breakers in this room. the room snaps down before the main. theoretically.
didn't have a choice on that. factually. not theoretically.

full

simple curtain type door. the space is built as room in room, i do all my spaces as room in room... reduces need to be extremely light tight.
the fan/filter combo circulates internally. not my first choice, but it is ok for a veg room under the present circumstances.

fort st veg/clone light.

full

there was no proper structure to mount anything from the ceiling. tied into what solid framing there is and compromised.
you can see the filter above the light.. the fan had to be mounted on a board previous to installing from the inside.

full

and the jungle room

full

waaay better built space. intended as a permanent install.
pic taken during the light rig upgrade. can pretty much see everything but the fan filter combo.

the power is on a dedicated circuit for the room. the reflective insulation is mostly because we didn't want to drywall and paint. there is sound deadening insulation behind the silver.

fan and filter combo...

full

stepped up to a phresh filter and the reduced obstruction has caused a small issue with increased negative pressure.
just living with it for now.

the jungle room is reclaimed area from an unfinished shower space. it was originally intended for more active hydro grows. we kept the drain available if ever needed.

full

there is a way more involved thread in my sig if anyone wants to page thru the build. i use three of the shelving units in this space as well to make a floating floor. start dropping the floor as the light rig maxes out.

jungle room at work

full

the two areas are literally miles apart. which makes for an interesting motoring experience at some point in the process.

here are the genetics i'm starting this journal with

full

dr seeds tangie, northern lights cbd, and lsd.

this is primarily a medical slanted grow. i need a couple workhorses for cbd and thc based meds. the majority will be used for canna pills and topicals. recreational will comprise the rest. northern lights is a given, but i dunno if the lsd or tangie is up to heavier lifting. i'm producing for three adults in limited space lol

also debating number of beans to drop and how many of each. either 4 or 6 to start. wanna run an 8 clone 2L hempy off this inital grow as well.

at least 50% are going to be the NL. just gotta figger the rest. i was using black indica and cbdream with decent results previous. time came for changes and new things.

gotta tag up some of the peeps who helped get me here

@SweetSue cause she is the godmom of hempy and most things med here
@DrDoob one of the first to help me figger this new thing out
@Virgin ground for the fun and killer surprised frog
@Chris Scorpio for even more fun
@InTheShed like of course, duh
@Pennywise cause is there a thread he hasn't helped ?
@Emilya cause see above ^
@Old Salt who i really wanna buy a maritime beer
@TorturedSoul for real politic not real politics
@MrSauga who went from hobbyist to holy shit before i even got my nutes figgered
@FelipeBlu the solid hempster
@Jack420 cause i need to stay abreast of cell phone posting brother
all the MC thread peeps @farside05 , @West Hippie , @Homer Simpson , @Baron Von Blurple

will cross post in the hempy headquarters and MC threads for all those i missed up

i got the home style seed incubator warming.....

full

help me get this started .. 4 or 6 ? whatcha think ? how many of each guys ?

lol gotta drop them tonight or tomorrow.. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Gah! I got destroyed on this...im waay late...but I beat Saugs

Preparing to be hempyfied!

Woot woot!!
Howdy Bluter!

hiya VG. first in ! say hi to froggy.
Do u keep trolls under yer stairs??

Looks like a good spot for them...hell I'd live there

only the best. i was evicted to the general apartment.

Hola Bluter!
Thanks for the invite!
Go with 6 each.
:passitleft:

damn. tempted. did do a twelve plant 2L hempy.
the yield didn't justify it over fewer plants for the space tho.

I’m in, drop 6 of each! :cheesygrinsmiley:

sigh. growers dreams. bigger. better. more space lol.

Awesome looks like a fun one!

:passitleft:

gonna try for sure... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sign me up.

always. loads of comfy chairs. got oversize pillows for the floor dwellers.
and a new home built waterpipe.

I’m in for the fun brotha !!!!!

show for the fun. stay for the waterpipe.
glad you on board bother.

Ah, hempy - lacking the buffering ability of a soil grow whilst simultaneously lacking the active aeration of a DWC grow.

Why do we do it? :rolleyes: Maybe dope really does kill brain cells?

well... SCIENCE, duh.

anyway, y'all have fun, and good luck to... whoever it is that's doing the grow. The guy that paged me and called my morals into question, I guess.

that's ME ! over here ! i'm the idiot !

super happy to have you here. sarcasm is both art and science.

I'm up for another grow journal! Thanks for the invite bluter. I'll chill with Chris and the trolls under the stairs...

uber eats has the troll addy on speed deliver...
did i mention giant pillows... ?? ! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm in. I've never followed a hempy before. It'll be interesting to see how it's done.

hiya old salt. meant it about the beer.

we still need decisions guys ..

i'm staring at the seeds lol :drool:

Back
Top Bottom