• Love It

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Leave It

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters
It's still the same.

If it's just me than fine- it's not a huge issue.

And yes I do specify members galleries at the start. I don't think the gallery choice relates to the album choice.

Actually, unless something has changed in the last week or so, I do have to specify an album. If I don't specify an album name I get an 'oops - blah blah blah' error and can't continue until I do. It wasn't like that in the initial days after the forum changed - but at one point suddenly became a mandatory thing to specify an album (for me anyway).
But I'll check that again next time I upload in case it has changed again.
Yes, you do have to select a location, but the 1st option is Member galleries of 4 options
Members gallery
Off topic
Creat
Or existing

You are right. Yes, you have to create a personal album now. It just helps organize the database a bit better.

I guess I never followed through & uploaded from my phone . . . :ganjamon:

Ian

You are right. Yes, you have to create a personal album now. It just helps organize the database a bit better.

I guess I never followed through & uploaded from my phone . . . :ganjamon:

Ian
Do we need to update the gallery tutorial again for this?

Yes I specify one of those galleries as step one.
Then I upload my pic.
After that- unless I specify an album - then I get the error as shown and can not proced further to save the pic.

Edit - your posts snuck in while I was writing.
Part of my confusion was that in the photo tutorial none of this was mentioned and there was no info on albums. However I haven't been back to see the latest tutorial from a couple days ago so maybe that got inserted.

Do we need to update the gallery tutorial again for this?

Yes. I will have something by tomorrow AM.

Ian

Yes - if you choose member gallery you still have to create a new album within that. It’s a little confusing the first few times. I thought the member gallery was gong to be the more efficient option and behave just like off topic but it doesn’t - it still needs an album.

So yes - either change that so it dumps into the general member album (but that might not be possible) or yeah we’d need to update the tutorial I guess.

:Namaste:

Or... eliminate either the Member Galleries option or the Create Personal Album option as they both seem to do exactly the same thing (from a user perspective anyway).

So that would leave 3 options:
Off topic
Create new album, and
Add to existing album

Would be much clearer...

(@420 @Marc Ocean @Ian Bastage what do y’all think?)

I'm still hoping for....

Drag-and-drop

WYSIWYG

And BLOGS!!!!

You and me both, Chris. You and me, both. If I had known I wouldn't have access to my blogs, I might have saved some of them on my computer. :(

I'm trying to be patient though. I know that everyone is doing what they can as soon as they can and bugging them constantly won't help.

So, I'll just be hanging out here waiting...

:passitleft:

Or... eliminate either the Member Galleries option or the Create Personal Album option as they both seem to do exactly the same thing (from a user perspective anyway).

So that would leave 3 options:
Off topic
Create new album, and
Add to existing album

Would be much clearer...

And/or make the albums actually useful - which means giving us a few simple options to edit them. :thumb:

I'm really liking the video upload feature guys. I think it has tremendous potential. I mean, if a picture is worth a thousand words, a video has got to be worth at ten thousand. I think it will seriously increase the amount of accurate, concise information exchange we have available here.

BUT

The 20 MB file size is a little cumbersome for most users to get around I think. The ability to embed videos from hosted services is beneficial in its own right, but I think a lot of members won't trust off-site hosting services as much as they would 420Mag, and so it will prevent a lot of members from utilizing it to upload their own private videos where they would share unseen techniques and methods.

I mean, just imagine a situation where you've got a user that has clawed leaves. He wants to know why they're clawing, and everyone assumes nitrogen. Well, if this user uploads a video, and we all see his leaves whipping around in a violent wind storm, then that opens up the seldom diagnosed wind-burn angle. There could be any number of scenarios like this where a video would lead to a far quicker and fare more concise diagnosis of a plant problem.

Not to criticize without solutions, I've found that x264 transcoding of video files before uploading them provides a substantial amount of video compression and should enable people to upload high quality, high resolution video at reasonable lengths of time. I don't think anyone needs to be making their own podcast videos, but 1-2 minutes seems achievable. Longer videos could just be transcoded to a lower bitrate and left without close-ups. I just don't know that many people are going to have the tech savvy to know how to adjust their camera settings or use transcoders to compress their video, so I worry that this feature won't be widely adopted.

I think this has the potential to be the best new feature of 420Mag, and the only thing that's really needed is some more support in terms of showing users how to edit their video pre-upload to fit the 20 MB size limit. I'm pretty familiar with using transcoding software (and know of a good open source, multi-platform application for it) and can give some little mini how-to's around here and there. I'd really like to see a guide in the Member Resources area so that this feature reaches a heavy level of adoption. I don't mind volunteering some of my time to help.

Good work, guys!

Videos were not meant to be active, sorry guys.

We're just not setup hardware/bandwidth wise to open that can of worms just yet, soon though.

2:22 p.m. - I'm pretty high and I expect maybe too much but I'm getting better at managing that so I'm not really worried about it. I took about 9.6 ml of Jack Herer cannaoil, which was exactly 1.37 more than I was planning on having today but it hadn't kicked in yet and then of course as soon as I took it, the first capsules I had taken kicked in and it was one of those OOPS. :battingeyelashes: moments (I thought that emoticon was back but I don't see them. I wish there was a way to have more white space around the animated ones. I personally find it harder to find the ones I want. I do like that they're part of the post now and that it can be automatically removed when you don't want it but I digress. :rofl:)

Back
Top Bottom