Breeding & Growing Journal

Biodynamic 6 Moon Grow - Bubblegum

Have potted a bubblegum plant outside, by itself, as an experiment to see if a plant left alone, with no plants nearby, will become female or hemaphrodite. The common theory is that a plant on its own will throw some male flowers in order to reproduce. I have heard various growers say this and that, so I thought I would see for myself.

Also, thought it would be interesting to try the 6 moons theory. The theory being, that a plant, is an annual, will be at its most healthiest and mature if given 6 full moons to vegetate and flower. Steiner principle attatched to Biodynamics in gardening. Plant will only be fertilised with organic teas and only during full moons. Harvest is also done on a full moon.

Best of all, if all else fails, is a 6 month old fully mature Bubblegum plant. Which can only be a good thing!!

014101.JPG

SS - plant for this experiement is about 10 mtrs from the others in the garden. I have purposely put it behind other plants as well just in case some pheromones from the others manages to make it to where this plant is.

Tead - In nature, a plant will grow and look to replicate. If it isnt growing in a group or close to other plants, the stress of thinking " how am I going to reproduce", should cause the plant to throw a few male flowers, or, be a hermi. All things in nature try to reproduce, any way they can.

Biodynamic 6 Moon Grow - Bubblegum
Also, thought it would be interesting to try the 6 moons theory. The theory being, that a plant, is an annual, will be at its most healthiest and mature if given 6 full moons to vegetate and flower. Steiner principle attatched to Biodynamics in gardening. Plant will only be fertilised with organic teas and only during full moons. Harvest is also done on a full moon.

Best of all, if all else fails, is a 6 month old fully mature Bubblegum plant. Which can only be a good thing!!
+reps man love the grow polenization and this dope ass idea this is cool you should throw a dead fish 2-3 feet under the soil for old time sake

sorry about your loss DGMGH...........your babies are looking great......peace bro.

Blueberry Jam - day 25

005181.JPG

Such strong and fast vegetative growth! I cannot rave enough about how well this variety is performing.

Chunky Cheese - Plant 2 day 25

004182.JPG

WidowSkunk 1 &2, Ice ,ChunkyCheese plant no.2

003186.JPG

What is great about putting plants outside in early spring, is that the plants are still getting the 12/12 required for flowering, but as the light increases, will continue veg as well! Have finally got a female WIDOWSKUNK PLANT!! The heavily topped plant is the female WS. The others haven't shown any sexing yet or may not even until bought inside.

California Orange Bud (left) Skunkbubble (right)

007157.JPG

Have got no idea where I am going to put the Orange bud plants in the garden! I had to grow a decent plant and get her to flower for a nice cali orange smoke over summer. The skunkbubble is germinating at an awfully slow rate, I have gotten 2 so far out of 5 started so far after 4 days! The only seeds left to germinate are the Q1 and the F1 seeds off the Ventura Gold plant no.2.

man ni can taste that blueberry jam on my pallet rite now..mmm and the chunky cheese..hmm

"Hi welcome to DGMGH, how may i help you "

"I'd like to order 1 chunky cheese and a blueberry jam to go, and a side of widow skunk as well, thanx"

..Oh sorry just day dreamin..LOL

Spike - have got a total of 16 plants at the moment, with about 10 germinating and more seeds on the way from California. Will be adding Mr Nice, Silver Bullet, Ventura Gold to the mix very soon. You just cannot have enough exotica in the garden!!!

Wolfie - I use a really coarse forest mix as you stated, but that is only about the top 2 inches, underneath is all mushroom and home made compost and some sand.

Am looking forward to the ECQ and WS journal!!!!!

Wheelo - Isn't that the truth!!!

Patience, and it really is, always goes a long way. Once you get to the point that you are satisfied, the satisfaction makes up for it in leaps and bounds.

The F1 seeds of the Skunkbubble are throwing out some really deformed early leaves. The 3 I have from the 6 germinated are growing very unusually. Really poor germination incidently, (time taken to sprout, seed viability, etc). I guess though by F4 I should be able to see some stability.

WidowSkunk, Ice, B52, Blueberry Jam, Chunky Cheese, Bubblegum and Silver Deluxe are all really starting to get strong. Wind here has been at about 40km. The strength of the plant I envisage is due to needing to "toughen" itself physically to accomodate its growing environment.

Back
Top Bottom