Brother's Winter Grow - Still Doing That - G13 - Amnesia - BB & WW

Hi, brother!

I've seen you around but haven't visited your garden before. It's beautiful -- I especially love the good night shot :)

Thank you for your soil recipe. I've been growing in coco coir but would love to do an organic soil grow, and your recipe looks intriguing. Could one substitute coco coir for the peat, do you think?

Happy New Year!

Hey glimergrass :) thanks for stopping by and welcome to my humble abode :)

the night night shot is something of a tradition we keep here :rofl:

well, about the recipe. I'm gonna change my mix for next grow, gonna cut down 15% of peat for 10% vermiculite and 5% volcanic dust.

If i understand the question correctly, you could substitute coco for peat yes but i wouldn't advise using both together. I had considered adding some at the start but had a long discussion with Docbud about soil recipes and he told me that adding a small percentage of coco would do more harm than good, like messing with your medium pH or promote drypockets.

i hope i answered the question my friend, let me know if anything is flowery :)

happy new year to you too! :high-five:

While we are on the subject, 420B, you list 'peat' and also 'peat moss', which to me are the same thing. Where I live is a sort of tundra landscape with lots of sphagnum moss. By peat moss do you mean sphagnum moss? Around here peat or peat moss is what we call the old sphagnum when it is dead and broken down into brown fluff.

That's a nice simple recipe. Your plants look perfect. Curious to see what you add for nutrients as the grow continues. :thumb:

ye ye sphagnum moss is what i mean by peat moss, free translation from Greek can be a bit flowery, sorry about that.

well that's the kicker of it Weasel, i'm not gonna add anything! :smokin:

sounds strange i know, but my soil already contains enough food to provide for the grow, and it isnt even recycled. Also i water with mineral water so there's that cal/mag too, and nitrogen contrary to popular myth helps flowering a lot ;)

i've said it earlier in the journal that this run is going to be somewhat of an experiment to see how far can i push it without adding a single thing other than mineral water.

i need to know how they turn out this way so next grow i know how to approach them with drenches. First time growing these strains so gotta do my homework first :)

Oh I missed or forgot what you said about not adding anything throughout. That's awesome. I keep looking at people's soil grows and seeing beautiful plants given mostly water, and the occasional supplement. You do have to adjust ph though I presume.

yeah that's the only pickle of it i guess

most companies sell mineral water in the pH range of 7.4-7.5 so everytime i purchase a batch i pH them down to 6.2 :)

Yes ph has been the resident demon of my grow since I started, always ready to jab me with that pitchfork. I'm now regularly ph-ing down as low as 5.5- 5.6 and my plants have never looked better. I base this on the fact that the ph of my nutrient solution tends to creep upwards over time, and adjusting to 6 or higher wasn't working out well for me.
3:30 am here and I think I'll grab a little sleep. Have a great day bro and happy New Years. :thumb:

thanks my friend, right back at you :)

and you're right, we should always pH our water based on our medium's pH. Last grow the pH of my runoff water was high too (6.8 to 7) so i used to pH my water even lower aswell ;)

Happy New Year & McD's on the "sea of green" Brother.

That is very interesting, re, your recipe for soil, the only nutrition, I can see, is the worm castings,, is that correct bro??,, and i see you are looking at drenches,, hmmmm, Interesting indeed,, i would so like to go more organic but am too lazy, I think,, i need easy,, and this recipe looks easy,, so close to mine already,,yaay:cheer:

Wathin close bro,, go get em,, cheers:Namaste:

Happy New Year & McD's on the "sea of green" Brother.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

That is very interesting, re, your recipe for soil, the only nutrition, I can see, is the worm castings,, is that correct bro??,, and i see you are looking at drenches,, hmmmm, Interesting indeed,, i would so like to go more organic but am too lazy, I think,, i need easy,, and this recipe looks easy,, so close to mine already,,yaay:cheer:

Wathin close bro,, go get em,, cheers:Namaste:

yeah thats correct my friend :)

i'm not gonna drench this time like i said, need to grow those strains once first. But if i would, i'd do some fish powder or seaweed probably. Honestly? i think im just too lazy to go buy it and start mixing teas :laughtwo:

Thanks for the explanation, brother -- that's helpful. Yeah, I can remember reading that somewhere, not to mix peat and coco coir -- wish I could remember where!

I will be following your experiment with the greatest interest :)

You are very welcome :)

I'm aswell intrested in seeing how far can they go with just mineral water. It provides a lot of cal/mag which is basicly what it comes down to, also the soil is enriched with organic compost so that should be enough to get somewhat of descent results :)

So far so good. All 9 female, all 9 stretching like crazy making me raise my lights daily, all 9 happy

all good :laughtwo:

hello friends :ciao:

girls were feeling frisky today so i snapped couple of shots for the gang :)

i'll try to keep this short -

Day 45
day 8 from switch (3 from pistils)

opening the tent, Group Shot:

DSC005178.JPG

the infamous, White Widow

DSC005188.JPG

left back corner, next to WW, the Blueberry:

DSC005205.JPG

next up, the exotic, G13 Haze:

DSC005216.JPG

Amnesia Lemon is a whole other section, first a panoramic of the front row AkA the AL-row

DSC005239.JPG

Close-ups:

#1 The sativa pusher

DSC005245.JPG

#2 the 50/50 balanced

DSC005258.JPG

#3 The skunk pusher

DSC005268.JPG

and of course, our night night shot :)

DSC005297.JPG

i'll snap a picture of them individually without being clogged together in the water update, right now it seemed too much of a hussle to start taking plants out and back in, especially while medicated :smokin:

not sure when watering update will be, it's raining like crazy here and the RH is high which means that the soil wont dry out for at least a week :)

life is good in soil, water once a week, chill back and blaze :laughtwo:

i'm flowering in 11/13 if anyone was wondering why i got pistils before even a week into it ;)
anyway thats the skinny, thank you for being here supporting and showing me love my friends :circle-of-love:

keep medicating

:love: N' :peace:

If you want a easy way to brew some teas , earth juice line is pretty simple and cheap. I put my earth juice in a bucket with water and add a hand full of castings, a cap full of maxicrop per gallon and a teaspoon or so of Alaska fish 5-1-1. The pH will be like 4 but after brewing for 48-72 hours it will be in the low to mid 6. My soil is lightly amended with lime worm casting blood and some meal and Epson salt. Its working so far lol. I'm constantly tweaking. The only problem I've ran into in the past is a calcium deff after stretch is done and I defoliat.

thanks wak&bak :), yeah im familiar with that way, adding an airpump under the mix and letting it sit for 3 to 5 days will really help in boosting up that tea ;), i'll add epsom salts too and wholelot of other things, this time i just 'yolo'd' the grow cause i had like 200L of soil sitting there and some seeds ready to be popped so i didnt go into it the way i would like to

Next Grow is gonna be legendary, im gonna SOG the whole tent in 6L pots with 18 plants that will flower under 10/14 from seed. Should be radical :)

Hey brother i hope your sativanoia is under control now lol.:cheesygrinsmiley: σέξι κορίτσια αδελφός

hahahaha, thanks Nicholas :) :), no sativanoia this time all is good brother :rofl::rofl:

Wow bro,, remember those little tiny younguns you had there a bit ago???? What happened to them??? Sheesh, what big growth you got there bro bro,, well,, all the better to smoke you all up my pretty,, haha,, mixing my stories there,,:high-five:

Re, counting time in flower,, when I first joined this forum, some were counting flowering from the switch, others from the first pistol,, flowering starts now,, know what i mean??

Well, all that calculating all the time,, hurts me head it do,, so,, i now count from the flip, no more calculating, silly me, one number for all and all for one number,, yaay:bravo:

Great green pal,, cheers

Wow bro,, remember those little tiny younguns you had there a bit ago???? What happened to them??? Sheesh, what big growth you got there bro bro,, well,, all the better to smoke you all up my pretty,, haha,, mixing my stories there,,:high-five:

Re, counting time in flower,, when I first joined this forum, some were counting flowering from the switch, others from the first pistol,, flowering starts now,, know what i mean??

Well, all that calculating all the time,, hurts me head it do,, so,, i now count from the flip, no more calculating, silly me, one number for all and all for one number,, yaay:bravo:

Great green pal,, cheers

i know just what you mean my friend, thanks for the good words :Namaste:

well, i used to count from the switch in my last journal but then people got confused cause they were counting from pistils so it came to pass that we count both ways to make it easy for everyone :)

You may need to use your back hand brother! Those girls are gonna explode :thumb: I too flowerm at 11/13

haha thanks dude :)

best flowering cycle in my opinion, simulates somewhat of november so it really helps them go for it :laughtwo:

terps change depending on it tho so im definitely gonna try 10/14 on my next SOG ;)

I've got a bit of sativa beans and have been planning to flower them 10/14 just because I've never done it, and I've read it will bring out the flavors and smells like the only mj we could get back in the 70s tasted and smelled. Sometime around June I'll be dropping some Ace Panama and Seeds of Africa Malawi Gold.

Back
Top Bottom