Budlovski's First LED & Bubble Bucket Grow

Congrats on your 3 outdoor girls!!! Hahaha 23 ounces says that your dogs supercropping them for you shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks so much for your kind words it's really appreciated. It's great that neither of us has to feel like an oddball now. I did some searching and it seems like it's a much more common problem that you would expect. I don't suffer from anxiety normally just from smoking at times, not sure if it is something you generally suffer from or if yours is weed induced too. My issue has been depression more than anxiety and I can say that some lifestyle changes and using the tacking method for RSO has made a big difference.My brother used RSO to successfully and seamlessly get off anti depressants. In some ways I have been lucky with this constant pain because anything that reduces the pain makes you feel good so the anxiety has been much better lately and I have been smoking every night or it's unlikely I get any sleep. It's an evil thing and so easy to see the patterns. Chronic pain leads to all sorts of dark thoughts and is very tough to stay sane.The pain meds lead to addiction which creates physical problems as well as depression. Go back to the doc and get prescribed anti-depressants, some of the side effects of those are psychosis, great have some anti psychotics now, so you still have your pain, your addiction but now we gonna play with the chemical balances in your head which are caused by pain and their ''pain management'' you still sitting with the original problem but have now added more. That's why I have used herbs and managed myself because these guys are as useful as a chocolate frying pan. Cannabis and when it's really severe Kratom has helped immensely. I treat it with respect and it has spared me from these nasty pain meds. Plus it's such a powerful muscle relaxant that I feel better the day after taking it too.

When I said the cbd oil has been helping with the anxiety, I meant after smoking. I am not sure if it would help anxiety in general but definitely worth a try.What I have found strange is that I have smoked some high cbd strains that still make me a bit anxious and other strains which have been low cbd and high thc where I have loved every minute so perhaps it's a bit more complicated than that.

Sounds like some good resolutions and I can't recommend the oil highly enough. It's easy to make it yourself and just one of your outdoor girls could keep you in supply for a long time. Motoco's thread on tacking is a must read. It's actually amazing how it works. I have about a 60% success rate with it and am still trying to master it but in theory it should not get you stoned at all. I appreciate some people just want to get stoned but I have found there is a beautiful subtlety to the tacking method. Tack a small dab of sativa and it keeps you alert and awake as well as creative and an indica strain will relax you, make you feel comfortable and nod off so really you go through the motions just without any real high. On the occasions where it doesn't work or partially works you do get a bit stoned but it doesn't last long and it's very serene. One thing to be careful of is that it has hit me up to as much as 6 or 7 hours later!!! I still cant believe that. Usually it's around 4 hours and only lasts about an hour. If you do it properly you should not get high at all.
If you feeling bold you can just swallow a blob and an hour or two later you will know all about it, so it's great that you can take it medicinally as well as recreationally. I find the high a lot cleaner too.

I am on my tablet now so i cant post links but another must read is a recently completed journal (should still be on page one of completed journals) titled Lion and Witch garden, havent gone through it properly yet but it looks like they are testing leaves for CBD content and there is a lot of info in there if you follow the signatures on juicing and using leaves for cbd. Easy enough if you have a mother plant in a constant state of veg or even easier for you with your outdoor girls. Definitely worth a try.

Overall since i have been on the oil, i have been feeling much better and it seems to have solved a problem I had with sugar levels which fluctuated wildly and led to weight gain,cravings, sugar crashes and chronic fatigue syndrome (worst thing for depression). All of that has been cleared up and even with no exercise I am nearly back to my normal weight. I had these horrible black marks on my gums - probably from 20 years of smoking cigs which on the side where I tack has almost completely cleared up. My dentist said i will never get rid of it, well it's on it's way out and every day my gums look healthier. I wish i took a before photo.

As for the bong, I am glad you pushing that down to fine leg for now. It definitely hits you too fast and i think it's too much smoke at once and elevates your heart rate a bit. Fine if you don't suffer from anxiety, but if you do, getting too stoned too fast, chest feeling like its closing and a thumping heart goes from a minor physical change to OMG I am having a heart attack and/or dying. Personally I find physical comfort goes a long way to alleviating mental/anxious problems. Hopefully we can both get over this so we can enjoy our beloved plant to the fullest again. For now I don't smoke anywhere but in my own home if i can help it and avoid stressful situations.

I did buy some high cbd strains as in super high like 8 or 9 percent not the 2% or so that is usually considered high but haven't grown them out yet so I am very interested to follow your progress as you move onto those. Who knows maybe we will be growing them at the same time and we can compare.

Also what you may find helpful is a herb called Ashwaghanda. It has many properties one of which is being an adaptogen, so in times of stress and anxiety it could be a useful addition to the herb/med cabinet. You said you also suffering pain and if it is muscular a very useful anti inflammatory is a herb called devils claw. Easy to get and relatively cheap. This will be a bit controversial but I have found that Kratom will be in my med cabinet from now on. I appreciate it can be addictive but so are painkillers and it is far more effective and does not do my head in like pain meds do. In fact people use it effectively to get through opiate withdrawals. Wish people would just be responsible for themselves and then perhaps we could get rid of this gestapo/nanny state.I think if memory serves you mentioned somewhere you are in Aus which is one of the few places it is illegal

Been really cool meeting you and will definitely be following your progress. Make your resolution to make some oil next year and take/tack it properly. I really believe it's life changing.

I have five if I include papaya (which isn't adapting well), haha valid point my fear is that his going to want to eat the plant in flower which will suck, poor fellow may. Get tied up then haha

It does seem common but people seem to hide it, last two blokes I met in person who smoke both have it to some degree.Yeah I'm in that boat last year or so it started getting abit more hectic, I believe due to build up with bibs coming and arriving however I've always been very introverted and never really took pleasure in the big social type of scene so abit of both really I think.
That's good to hear, I'm not a fan of anti-depressants I know people who nearly commuted suicide by choosing to OD on anti-depressants, why docs would give people with depression a drug that they can kill themselves with seems nonsensical to me.
The natural herbs are definately a better way to go I believe, just makes so much more sense, less addiction, more effective, less ODs cheaper for the patient/consumer, but guess its all about those two words-money & greed- and those 2 words should have nothing to do with people's health ever.

I see what you mean there ill give it a go and see how it treats.
Strains are a strange thing so many out and all have different uses/drawbacks it amazing really. The 2 strains I know of that are targeted for anxiety are strawberry cough and Qush, strawberry coughs more sativa and qush is more indica with higher cbd aswell these 2 have me interested.
The oil sounds good to me and better with who created the recipe haha
Ill give all methods a go throughout the time to come really get myself dialled in on it.I shall check those journals aswell when I have some extra time sound very interesting.
Its unreal how high impact times can vary with method and type your using.
That's awesome the oil has work such wonders for you, very great and the black gums is something as you get older I can imagine would be a great thing to see dissipate :)
So am I use it for 1 cone here and there when I do decide to toke but not much and only one each time now, bongs a whole extra addiction/habit which I'm glad to be rid of, I believe a lot of downfalls involved with weed are actually due to bongs not weed itself, have seen people fully more addicted to the bong then the weed they smoke but then in aus people mix tobacco with the weed so there's a lot of extra probs with weed here.
Sounds good one I was thinking of buying mainly for step brother with epilepsy is cbd crews great whit shark I think it is s a real good percentage of cbd so would be good to see how that oil turns out and smoke abit just to see what it goes like haha timing might work like that and would be cool to see the comparisons.
I'm all for any natural herb will try get some, despite what I've heard passion flower also really calms me and soothes me well for sleep but the ones you mentioned are a different level so would be good to try.
Good meeting you too and it surely will be my resolution I think.
Ill have pics of outdoor tomorrow maybe one of SC to, just didn't get round to it today.
:Namaste:

Update.

Dates are all abit scrambled to me at this moment so next update I will have dates for SC.
Ordered my ppm reader and sensizym the other day, hopefully they get here quick after the weekend hoping before Xmas anyways will be a tight squeeze though lol
Strawberry cough is really starting to pick things up now she's working on her second set of leaves from what I can see and her roots are finally getting somewhere, give it a week and I think she should be at full/normal growth pace again.
Here's a pic of SC-
IMAG10467.jpg

Now for the outdoor ladies, these girls are true battlers all female from what I can tell at the moment and think a couple are starting to hit a preflower stretch now, OD1 has female sex calyxes with the odd white hair so she's definately a she.
Papaya doesn't get a pic she's still small but still growing and I missed a photo of the other and daylight got away so that ones pic will be in the next outdoor update. Today I sprinkled a little bit of dynamic lifter on each of them, since the big girl was showing abit of n deficiency as far as I can tell, I gave them a pyrethrum spray since its all I had and bugs are really peeing me off hanging around there, also they don't get a perfect amount of sunlight in this position but that's the price I pay for stealth positioning.

This is OD1-
IMAG10366.jpg

Here's OD2-
IMAG10396.jpg

No pics for OD3 or papaya so...
Here's OD4-
IMAG10375.jpg

A little something extra starring a species of friend I have on all my outdoor grows :)
IMAG104410.jpg

Thanks for stopping by every one and peace and love to you all :thumb: :Namaste:

Something to add OD1 and OD4 have copped the biggest beatings from my dog, that's why 1 is laying down which I fixed today by tying her up a little, 4 has that piece of log holding her straight, luckily the big girl 2 has copped to much other then some bent/snapped branches haha

Yeah just garden soil, well really just sifted and dug up ground dirt from that side of the house, to much preperation would have got sus unfortunately, only problem is there's crappy drainage, not as much sun as is like and nowhere near as mineral rich soil as my old house.
I dug down about a foot or so and refilled with perlite and proper soil mixture but not much.
I'm just trying to work with what I have as low key as possible, even watering is tricky business with how nosey the neighbours round here are.

Some of the ferts I've used help break the dirt down and break it up nicely hoping it works well haha :)

Something to add OD1 and OD4 have copped the biggest beatings from my dog, that's why 1 is laying down which I fixed today by tying her up a little, 4 has that piece of log holding her straight, luckily the big girl 2 has copped to much other then some bent/snapped branches haha

Who? The dog or the plant? :) :rofl:

You know the way it works Tassie :)
Haha definately abit of both had to keep slapping him on the arse to make him leave me alone around there then when I was putting ferts on he wanted to eat it cause it wrecks of blood and bone so since the smart arses arch nemesis is the hose he copped a full spraying of water haha wasn't impressed with me but doesn't seem like his been near them since :)
His a big heavy dog but his so playful its almost ridiculous everytime I go around there he runs round in circles such a big brute that poor little plants, even big fucking trees don't phase him when they get in his way haha I have to be soo careful with anything I take out there, from pliers to buckets to pots because anything I touch out there is fair game to him, dunno if I mentioned this earlier in journal but 2 potted seedlings I put out there, came back about 2 hours later and there was perlite and soil spread cross the whole yard and chewed up pots laying about haha, fair to say I wasn't impressed that night lol

Haha I hear you there drewdrop, I've got 2 indoor cats aswell, one of which used to love chewing the buds when they were drying, my other one likes to get in and peek at my grow and occasionally try to sunbake when its good enough, the amount of times I've chased the f****rs out of their is ridiculous, quiet sure one of them stole a whole drying head from my pineapple express last time which I never saw again haha
Another problem with cats (and this is why ill be going to coco next grow) is the hair from them, no matter how careful and clean you think your being that shit still manages to pop up everywhere hahaplus the exhaust fan sucks the hair from anywhere close by in there, I minimised that but what a pain haha :)
One of my cats also would only come into my smoking room(laundry) when he could smell and knew it was good bud, if it was the shitty damp, tuck bud we wouldn't see him haha

I've heard stories of cats licking all the trichomes off of buds. I know what you mean about the hair, I also have an inside dog so its a constant stuggle trying to keep the tent hair free.ive used cheesecloth before to cover the intake port and that worked pretty well but my new intake filter is supposed to remove 97% of air born impurities so I shouldnt have anymore hair/ dust problems. That one cat of yours sounds like a real weed snob, only wants the good stuff. lmao ha ha Smart cat.

Haha yeah I couldn't handle an indoor dog aswell hahaha too much hair for me, that he really is only time he'd come near me was with good bud other then that we're enemies in his eyes haha.
Im not sure, I think there both as good as each other if you use say the compost teas and soils that a few members use on here they'd be just as good as anything maybe even better, however I have trouble keeping my space clean with soil since I can get abit clumsy here and there but Cocos less mess I believe, coco also helps get a lot of oxygen to the root zone I've heard and its as close to hydro growing you can get in a soil type of manner, but you have to water coco more then soil since it drys out fairly quick.
So I'd say they are both would have there pros and cons but I believe coco will be easy on start up costs and supply its also fairly simple. I've also read that you can reuse coco I think which would be cheaper then using soil but it'd be interesting to read up properly on side by side grows and preferences people have with them :)
Not really a direct answer but that's the best info I can think of on the topic atm haha

Day 18(from seed) update /Day 4 of proper vege (what I'm saying anyway)--

So today I received my sensizym in the mail, so I was excited to refill and clean my bucket and get it going fresh.
And I soon learned I should have cleaned out abit earlier because when I looked in there was slimey algae looking stuff everywhere, which id put down to heat and lack of enzymes.
Anyways got to it scrubbed clean my bucket rinsed it a lot, soaked and scrubbed my airstones and air hoses.
Then I refilled my bucket, not sure if anyone's tried this or their reccomendations but I used roughly 14-15L of rainwater and 10L of tap water, I figured abit of tap water might help with cal and mag and the rain water will help with ph. I hope anyways.
Then I put a little lemon juice in dropped ph around 5.8ish, I added just under reccomended of zym which was just under 2ml/L, then I added some nutes into the water at about 1/2 ml/Litre of each micro, grow and bloom, got bucket running and ph tested at 5.8 soiI'm happy there, added nutes because those first seed leaves(can't Remember name right now) were starting to get very yellow and she is nearly 3 weeks so figured why not. I also msgd AN and they said they don't reccomend using under 1ml/L if you want ph perfect so that's why I kept close at half a ml per litre.
Anyways I checked on her about 2 hours later and something was right because she was looking great already a boost in vertical and leaf growth, I was happy. :)
I lifted lights so i could put humidity dome I made back over her for a little since my tent can get quiet dry in there, I'm also looking to get her to stretch just a little higher if possible so ill test and see what happens. :)
Anyways I'm going to keep a keen eye on her the next few days and look at any signs of burning just incase but I'm hoping there won't be haha

Cheers for stopping in maties, and happy holidays and merry Christmas to all who I may not speak to till after or just those stopping by you all have my best wishes of peace and love :thumb: :)

Haha your cat the connoisseur. One of my best mates used to have one like that. The little bastard was our best buddy as soon as we lit up and would sit with us purring away for as long as we smoked. He never licked the buds though thats a new one.

Cool update and glad to see you getting things sussed a bit more. Must have been a very steep learning curve.

Just to conclude our conversation about the oil, all I would say is have a look through Motoco's thread and you will get a very good understanding of everything. I have come to realise that many people don't think their problems are big enough to voice because they are not necessarily cancer or other life threatening illness but some things can cause all sorts of havoc with your own head, relationships, family etc so if the oil can improve your and your step brother's quality of life I say go for it. Here is the link:

Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

All the best to you and yours over Xmas

That's exactly what his like, well was since I don't smoke at home much anymore haha might have to ask the cats approval each harvest haha
Oh yeah they love munching and licking the sugar leaves and trichomes
I think they like the courseness of the trichomes haha

Yep that's for sure mate it really was just glad I caught everything before it got to messy.

Thanks for the direct link mate that will give me some great reading to do. It is a messed up situation and I really dislike how government and such can go on about legalizing it for severe or life threatening illnesses and diseases only, don't get me wrong that's the first and most important thing to get it legalized to treat but it frustrates me that medical standards and government standards don't count anxiety, depression, ptsd, pain as life threatening when its well known a lot of these illnesses cause suicides and ODs so in my eyes they are still very life threatening. I've also always thought that people over 55-60 and especially oldies in old folks homes should have the right to smoke/use MJ since they have done they're part for society andshould be able to kick back in anyway they see fit haha.
Ill definately be going for it, mainly for my young step brother but I will dab abit on the side haha

Thanks Drewdrop, they really did its hard to explain the feeling of ease and relief I felt haha, today I also got my PPM reader so should be able to keep an eye on things well now.
Yeah I noticed that the shit goes everywhere, i didn't in my update but it soaked my roots and bottom off netpot/hydroton in fresh tap water, figured since it has that bit of chlorine it should help kill and clean the stuff, anyways it soaked there while I cleaned bucket, then when I was ready to put the lid back on I used my rain water which is about 5.6 ph with a lil bit of enzyme to rinse it out a few times.
I think your right there though drewdrop how the algae gets in good so I may give another rise today just to be sure!

That's some reassurance haha sounds good to me hope they are doing some fine work, may go take a photo soon,
That's a good idea that, there's abit of smell in there but I think it is mainly just the nutes as for as I can tell, ill have to keep a very keen nose on her me thinks :)

Back
Top Bottom