Buttercream Gelato, LED Light, Soil, 1st Grow

Morning bosscat:ciao:
Do you have a grow journal?
No I don't, I would like to but can't offer the comitment to keeping it updated at the moment. Three children at home, plus work and other comitments keep me busy, oh and I'm slightly lazy:).
I do however enjoy the sharing nature of this site and come here to converse and support fellow growers, it's full of good people.
I will also give thought to additional lighting.
The light you have will do great in veg for that space, ample. If you were doing just one plant it'll do an adequate job in flower. If you've got the space full wall to wall with more than one plant ,then it may need a little help. That's 1 or 2 months away though, so lots of time to decide.
The obvious thought is another sf1000 (100w ), but that's not the only option.
Mars hydro is a sponsor here at 420magazine, they do a similar light called ts600 (100w), it's quite a good deal at only £75 delivered to your door, there's even a small discount for 420magazine users.

Post from @NuttyProfessor showing what damping off looks like.
That's exactly what it looked like. It is now propped up and looks like this..

No I don't, I would like to but can't offer the comitment to keeping it updated at the moment. Three children at home, plus work and other comitments keep me busy, oh and I'm slightly lazy:).
I do however enjoy the sharing nature of this site and come here to converse and support fellow growers, it's full of good people.

The light you have will do great in veg for that space, ample. If you were doing just one plant it'll do an adequate job in flower. If you've got the space full wall to wall with more than one plant ,then it may need a little help. That's 1 or 2 months away though, so lots of time to decide.
Mars hydro is a sponsor here at 420magazine, they do a similar light called ts600 (100w), it's quite a good deal at only £75 delivered to your door, there's even a small discount for 420magazine users.
Thanks for the advice.
I have been looking at these Mars.

As it is a square grow space, wouldn't two lights, side by side in a rectangle shape waste light?

I like the fact that my light is square and symmetrical.

Thanks for the advice.

I have been looking at the Mars lights. I may end up getting a bigger light for this space and use the SF for a vegging room. Aiming for a perpetual set up, eventually.

wouldn't two lights, side by side in a rectangle shape waste light?
Yes, the strip/bar style lights are a much better option for even spread on a space. I was just showing a cheaper option to get a good coverage.
I may end up getting a bigger light
If I was buying a new light for my tent now i'd go with a strip/bar design right off the bat.
Mars hydro do a good one, fc3600 I think it's called.
My personal choice at the moment would be the Lumatek attis range of lights, I'd get the 300w one.
It comes with a five year warranty.

Yes, the strip/bar style lights are a much better option for even spread on a space. I was just showing a cheaper option to get a good coverage.

If I was buying a new light for my tent now i'd go with a strip/bar design right off the bat.
Mars hydro do a good one, fc3600 I think it's called.
My personal choice at the moment would be the Lumatek attis range of lights, I'd get the 300w one.
It comes with a five year warranty.
I like the Mars 2000. Around £200. Use that in this shower cubicle space, and use the SF for vegging in a separate space.

Day 5

I have now got a fan, blowing between the top of the plants and the light. Just gentle. Humidity has now risen.

Temp 25' c
Humidity 35

The "damped off" one, plant B, has now died. Left with two..

I obviously over watered at the start. They have had no water since Sunday, 42 hours. As a baseline, a dry pot is 150g. Plant A is at 187g and C is at 160g. Both feel very dry.

Are they ready for some water? I also have cannastart that I wanted to add?

20210105_114836.jpg
20210105_115002.jpg

I like the Mars 2000. Around £200. Use that in this shower cubicle space, and use the SF for vegging in a separate space.
That would be a perfect size light for that space.
I have the mars ts1000 in my other tent,also 80 ×80. It was a veg/mother and clone tent, but lately I've thrown an auto or two in there and they've done really well. I should have got the ts2000 for that tent, like you suggest.

That would be a perfect size light for that space.
I have the mars ts1000 in my other tent,also 80 ×80. It was a veg/mother and clone tent, but lately I've thrown an auto or two in there and they've done really well. I should have got the ts2000 for that tent, like you suggest.
I am now saving up for the 2000. The SF will become a vegging light in a separate space. But I will carry on with what I have for this grow.

What do you think to my watering?

Day 5

I have now got a fan, blowing between the top of the plants and the light. Just gentle. Humidity has now risen.

Temp 25' c
Humidity 35

The "damped off" one, plant B, has now died. Left with two..

I obviously over watered at the start. They have had no water since Sunday, 42 hours. As a baseline, a dry pot is 150g. Plant A is at 187g and C is at 160g. Both feel very dry.

Are they ready for some water? I also have cannastart that I wanted to add?

20210105_114836.jpg
20210105_115002.jpg
They're looking perfect this morning bosscat :goodjob:
Shame about B, but the other two are looking fit and healthy.
Are the pots light and dry?

They're looking perfect this morning bosscat :goodjob:
Shame about B, but the other two are looking fit and healthy.
Are the pots light and dry?
They are very dry and light. Still worried about overwatering. Have you used any nutes at this stage? I believe cannastart is OK at low dosage.

What soil are they in? Doubt they'll need any nutrients yet but some people use root boosters early on. Remember it's better to under water than over water. They bounce back quickly from being a bit thirsty but don't like being drowned quite so much.

What soil are they in? Doubt they'll need any nutrients yet but some people use root boosters early on. Remember it's better to under water than over water. They bounce back quickly from being a bit thirsty but don't like being drowned quite so much.
I mixed 66% Soil and 33% perlite. I thought the cannastart would help with root development. I will hold off on that. Keep it simple for now.

Not a lot of choice for soils during UK lockdown.

I think I will leave the watering until tomorrow. Just to be sure.

Thanks for the input.

BC
20210105_124939.jpg
20210105_124855.jpg

I just wanted to get started and grabbed anything I could.

I will look for something better ready for the repotting. Any recommendations?
I hear ya. Well I've only used biobizz light mix. Readily available in the UK, cheap, and is doing the job. We don't have tons of options in the UK when it comes to soil for cannabis growing.

I hear ya. Well I've only used biobizz light mix. Readily available in the UK, cheap, and is doing the job. We don't have tons of options in the UK when it comes to soil for cannabis growing.
Do you use that for the entire cycle?

I like the look of it. I was worried about delivery costs. Bit silly considering how important the soil is.

I use plant magic supreme soil, you'll find it usually next to the bio bizz,similar product, i just had 2×50litre bags delivered (poor delivery guy) cost me £32.soil was £12.50 each so delivery was only a £7

I use plant magic supreme soil, you'll find it usually next to the bio bizz,similar product, i just had 2×50litre bags delivered (poor delivery guy) cost me £32.soil was £12.50 each so delivery was only a £7
And I can use that when I repot? Changing soils won't harm the plants?

I'll have a look at that one. Maybe give it a go on the next run. :thumb:

I am now saving up for the 2000. The SF will become a vegging light in a separate space. But I will carry on with what I have for this grow.

hold off on the TS for now. mars has already ended that series. they are currently just selling old stock.

mars does not have a very long development cycle. at present they are more focused on the FC and SP series. the lower models may be based on that style in the future. they are probably moving to a chained rail type which is the SP architecture. the FC is a strip light, meant as the stand alone replacement for the TS.

Back
Top Bottom