Cheap & Stealthy CFL Grow

re: Cheap & Stealthy CFL Grow

Healthy girls Hidan.... Looking good man...

And winding....:rofl:

Of course man, you post it, it'll get answered by somebody and I will be here for the duration to make sure it does.. I'm sure hoz will too...sorry, lol, missed link a second time... Right, ill be over...

I've asked a few to come over and help... I'm leds and my inline fan and carbon filter haven't been used last two grows, lol...

I've asked a few to come over and help... I'm leds and my inline fan and carbon filter haven't been used last two grows, lol...

Thanks very much Grizz! I know it's a bit of a stupid question,but I read that someone exhausted smelly air from the grow room,and I don't want that to happen at all!:rolleyes3

Knew they'd be more than willing to help... I shouldn't have worried, Hoz was onto it.....

Since I'm close to topping my plants,I was wondering about LST. I've seen a lot of guys,that bend the main stem and then all the branches,but in that way doesn't the plant grows "retort"? Because,I was thinking to do it like a guide I've read that's called "4 way LST"...Basically you don't bend the main stem,instead, once you topped the plant for the first time you only bend exactly the 4 branches that are formed,making this "4 way LST",of course as she keeps growing you continue to bend all branches and also topping...
Can you guys,make me understand right this thing?

When I was researching topping/FIM'ing and SCROG, I found this page to very informative, to at least give me a better idea of what I was considering:

Edit: Link gets stripped...

google "Scrog Tutorial" and you'll find a good site that talks about how to LST in prep for a scrog

Here are pictures:
Topping takes first before they grow the arms out that will be bent.
My first topping happens after third set of fan leaves, then after every two sets after that.
0207162035.jpg

I drill holes every two inches to attach the decorative chenille pipe cleaners. Make sure you don't over-bend the branch and do it on opposite sides to keep it symetric.
0208161757.jpg

After this step you can start tying secondary branches down to spread the canopy out evenly as possible.
0224161433a.jpg

Then once you have accomplished that, you might want to build a scog or get some plant netting at the nursury.
Here is one of my older pics
IMG_043914.JPG

I hope this helped :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yep,thanks Hoz! Yesterday I was looking in grow journals some of your LST guys (even your Hoz xD),in fact I think you're one of the few that do this "4-way" without bending main stem first. I got some metal wire to use,but I have to drill holes in the pot or I can cling them on the outer edge?.....However I think when they'll get bigger there must be a hole to hold strong branches,am I right?
About the Scrog, I only have a 2.6x2.6 feet metal net,so do you think it could help or must be larger? Because I'm still wondering if to use it or not...:Namaste:

Cool nice Journal

Ha had intended mine to be a cheap first grow also but at a week or two in using cfls i started buying leds. Got 2 mars hydro 300w's and a generic 120w ufo so now not so cheap but anywhos *shrug

Deff one to keep an eye on so have subscribed.. :) also am curious about biobizz as saw them online, 100% organic i think as well. Was thinking of getting some once this 1£ pound stuff i can get from poundland that i bought online at 4x the price runs out. grrrr :p

Cool nice Journal

Ha had intended mine to be a cheap first grow also but at a week or two in using cfls i started buying leds. Got 2 mars hydro 300w's and a generic 120w ufo so now not so cheap but anywhos *shrug

Deff one to keep an eye on so have subscribed.. :) also am curious about biobizz as saw them online, 100% organic i think as well. Was thinking of getting some once this 1£ pound stuff i can get from poundland that i bought online at 4x the price runs out. grrrr :p

Hey Wizard! Thanks for stopping in my journal! Yes hahahah it's not gonna be cheap anymore!:laughtwo:
I feeded today for the second time 1/4 strenght biogrow,I'm gonna post some photos..
Also what height is recommended for scrog? My pots are 12 inches and plants are now 7 inches. I was thinking, between 24 and 31 inches can be good ?:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom