Chrome's 'Just Mess'in Around' CFL + Bag Seed Grow

Dude, that very temporary setup has a lot of potential. If I could box me in an area like that I'd be happier than a fresh f'd fox in a forest fire! You will do well, I'm sure.

Oh yeah for sure, I agree 100%. that space has TONS of potential. Unfortunately for me I have very limited means by which to tap said potential. For now any ways. I really just want a better Lighting solution but thats all i could afford to run right now. I'd like to build a nice 8 or 12 CFl rig. and will definitely need to up the light count in a the next few weeks so I am planning something, but i am not sure what.

Right on. I'm in much the same boat. I'm waiting to get back to work right now. I'm also kicking myself for blowin' all of my tax $. Should have thought about this sooner. Would have had a lot better setup. But in the long run, it can be done without all of the money. Or at least I'm going to believe that until I fail miserably! : )

well I transplanted the seedlings over to their pots.
helicopter.JPG

Every one seems to be doing just fine.
plants1_012.jpg

getting plenty of light for now.

Meet the ladies
three_woman.JPG

On the top left we have Leela, on the right we have Mary bell, and on the bottom left we have Kitty bitch.

I'm pretty stoned right now so i dont have much else to say really. Just take a look and let me know what you all think.

I think you transplanted a teeny bit early but hope they be fine.

deffo worth holding onto the slower ones, I had 2 slower ones. The difference in the next 2 -3 weeks is amazing! They can easily catch up.

Good luck!

:thumb:

Hey,

So yeah there wont be any updates for the next few days. As I was getting ready to take some pics and post an update I got a call from my GF. It appears while walking down the street she some how broke her foot. So i had to rush down the road to her and take her to the hospital. She then want to go to her parents house who live two states away. So I am now 3 hours away from my plant whom i home can survive the next few days with out me. I gave 'em a good watering thats all i can really do. So keep my plants in your thoughts and prayers and hope they will be ok. Oh yeah pray from the misses too if you feel like it.. .HAHAHA no she's fine, think of the plants..

lions: I agree it was early for that size of pot, but they out grew the green house and i needed to do something soo..

Tribesun: I hear you, my plants have some weird colors going on right now. I'm worried but not concerned. I am concerned they will be all right the next few days but i am sure they will be. check back Monday for updates.

Tribesun: Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. I hope god sees fit to save the sacred herbs.

lions: Yeah that is what I figured. I am just worried that their roots being not fully developed might dried out before the rest of the soil. but I dunno I am probably just being paranoid.

Only time will really tell. I am trying not to think about them too much as it will drive my crazy. OK, it is driving me crazy, but I know i will go home and find that the plants are happy and have grown nicely since I left. Hopefully the 2nd node will be nicely developed and when i get home they will actually look like little marijuana plants! the excitement is killing me.. hahaha

looking good, that closet and those cfl have the potential for some great yields, that's for sure.

I can't comment on the dirt part of it but if you ever decide to try a bubble set up I'd be happy to help you out...I'm sure with a bubble set up, those lights and that room you can get close to half pound grows in that space....

either way I'm in for the ride..:goodluck:

looking good, that closet and those cfl have the potential for some great yields, that's for sure.

I can't comment on the dirt part of it but if you ever decide to try a bubble set up I'd be happy to help you out...I'm sure with a bubble set up, those lights and that room you can get close to half pound grows in that space....

either way I'm in for the ride..:goodluck:

Thanks man! Yeah my next grow I plan on running two or three buckets. This grow is really just to grow for the sake of growing. as well as to help me get the space together. Over the next few weeks or so I'll figure out a better light rig as well as increase to 8 lights or so. I also need to box off the bottom half of my closet cause the space is just too big. Its about 15 feet tall and as a result I am having heating problems cause the heat just disperses upward.

We had the same heating problem (or lack there of). A fan high in the room pointing down helped a lot.

We had even more problems during the winter months and thats when we use heat bulbs (for reptiles as they give off 0 light) and a herpastate to regulate the heat bulbs...

We are just starting to set up our new (old) space with two grow tents we will be making. We started a thread on it but it's only got the tub's valve installation so far....in the next couple of weeks we will be going full throttle on the build with a pictorial on the process...

check it out if you are interested..

SkooterClowns with power tools

Well I made it home and just as you all predicted I was not meet with dead plants.. Ya! so here are some photo updates:

Lets start with Kitty bitch(my favorite, but tell the other ladies that)
KB-d12.JPG

KB-D12-2.JPG

Here is Mary Bell:
MB-d12.JPG

MB-d12-2.JPG

And last but not least Leela, whom isn't looking that healthy or rather has some odd coloration:
Leela-d12.JPG

Leela-d12-2.JPG

So what do you all think? I think they all look just lovely. Though i am slightly worried about Leela. Oh and thanks again every one for your positive words over the last few days.

edit: Oh this is day 12 in case any one was wondering

I was just checking in on the ladies and adding a layer of soil to their pots. I also kicked on the space heater cause its mighty nippy today and since the lights add virtually no heat of their own. While I was in there I also snapped a better pic of Leela. Any input on her coloration? her growth is the same as the rest and she seems just as healthy but the yellowish green leaf tips just kind make me a little worried.
leela-d13.JPG

what do you guys think? Am i being an over worried parent or is might there be some basis to my concern.

grower note: Of course they haven;t gotten nutes yet. much to young and i have no idea of my waters Ph i need to buy a test kit soon though. The perlite i used was MG brand as it was all i could find. think that could be a problem?

Oh, and could anybody give me some photography tips? I have a Canon Powershot S2 is and i cant get very good pics.. I'm much better with my 35mm but that would take forever to post pics..

Sup Itschrome, good to see you have a journal going. I use Cfl's too.. but I recently have been putting the two girls at the window to take advantage of the sun, and back in the closet when the sun won't come out to play..

Dig your plants names, take care and :goodluck:

Sup Itschrome, good to see you have a journal going. I use Cfl's too.. but I recently have been putting the two girls at the window to take advantage of the sun, and back in the closet when the sun won't come out to play..

Hey kid thanks for stopping by! I'd like to put my plants out in the Sunshine but right now its a tad too nippy even in the windows. maybe in another week or so they can enjoy some true sunlight. I know the ladies would like that.

Dig your plants names, take care and :goodluck:
haha thanks. I have always been the kind of person to name stuff. In case your wondering: Kitty bitch is named after my bitch of a cat named kitty. Leela, well leela from futurama and mary bell cause it sounds very lady like.. :D

Back
Top Bottom