LordCaliban's 1st Bag Seed Indoor Grow!

I was thinking this would be my only grow for quite a while given how I'm going about this, but if I can make it through harvest and cure just fine I'm thinking I'll do one more (and possibly clone). I was thinking of purchasing a feminized seed online, but haven't done enough research yet to see which sites are the safest or best (clicked on a few of the sponsor sites already). Any strains that do a little better under CFL now that I have the lights setup, should be an easier go 2nd time around.

As for the current grow, The Male was destroyed, I took the Hermie way out into the backyard where there would be no fear of pollination to my plant and I seriously doubt anyone within a 25 mile radius of me is growing, but the next day I saw my two dogs running around the backyard playing tug a war with something green and bushy soooooooooo there goes that! LOL But I have one female going strong in the closet. Just added 6 more 26w 2700k 1750 Lumen CFLs to the closet, so there's 12 bulbs total (still a couple of different wavelengths) and I've done 2 feedings now with the MaxiBloom nutes. First feeding was just barely a tsp into one gallon of tap water (tap water sits in open jug in window sill for at least 24 hours) and the 2nd feeding was almost 2 tsp for the whole gallon and so far no bad reactions. Strong deep green leaves, showing lots of pistils now, getting excited. Even if the bud sites end of small, there's a good amount of them, I think I'll yield okay.

As for the nutes, should I feed every other feed or with MaxiBloom can I feed every feed till it's time to flush when it gets near harvest? Thanks again everyone!

flowerday19.jpg

flowerday19-1.jpg

About to start my 5th week in the 12/12 Flowering. The main branch/cola is getting lots of nice bud spots, filling up with pistils. Lots of lower branches are reaching out and curving up for some light as well, lots of nodes now showing flowering growth so I think I'll do quite well for my first plant provided my dry and cure goes well. I've been on a Feed/Feed/Water schedule with the MaxiBloom. I also have a 48x3w TopLED reflector lamp coming in which I hope once mounted will provide a more even light source with some CFLs at the bottom for support. If this grow goes well I might try an Auto for my next one as I don't think I'll go through my stash very quick and I'm curious to see how an AUTO will do in my closet.

week46.jpg

Just over 5 weeks flowering now. Buds are getting pretty big and a lot more than I thought I would have. My 48x3w TopLEDGrowLight.com reflector lamp arrived and I have it hanging now. Today was the first day she got her full 12 hour dose under the LEDs. I let her dry out a hair too much I think that day as the soil was fairly dry and the whole plant was droopy, but a gallon of water before bed and when I woke up it was all nice and perky again. All the leaves feel nice and healthy, the only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the lack of trichomes so far. Lots of little hairs on the pistils and leaves, but only so far what appear to be a couple trichomes looking under my scope. But from what I've read her strain could be a late bloomer!

I also just picked up a digital timer to shut the lights on and off on a more accurate schedule and the LED lamp is keeping the temps in the mid 70s now which I like. My Pyramid Seeds Auto Anesthesia seed also arrived from The Single Seed Company website in nice stealth packaging so once I start to dry, I plan on trying to germinate and start one more grow with the LED light and a little LST to maximize light penetration.

newlight3.jpg
newlight21.jpg

Flower Day 47

9 Days now running the TopLEDGrowLight panel and no real complaints so far. Have lost a few of the larger fan leaves near the bottom which I'm sure is due to light penetration. They slowly yellowed up and if they fell off when I touched them, they were removed. The rest of her is looking nice and dark green and the main cola is filling in nicely. My temps have dropped to hang in the mid 70s only sometimes creeping up in the 80's, but most of that is dependent on the weather here and if my wife has the A/C on! The drop in temps in the closet has cause RH to spike a little but it hangs in the 40s to low 50s now, and now I'm only watering about once a week.

My current concern is the lack of frosting on the leaves. When looking through the scope I can see a good bit of trichomes in the bud spots themselves and some are forming on the closest leaves but nothing one can see with the naked eye yet. I know this is an unknown strain, so I'm thinking it might be part Sativa giving the long flower period, all pistils are still white and I haven't noticed the sucking in and bulging of the buds yet. Should I be concerned, or does this look like it's still on track?

IMAG023816.jpg

IMAG023918.jpg

Thanks for the info. I found out that the stash I got the seeds from, is from someone in the area who grows their own outside. I was originally thinking Indica given the size of the fan leaves, but I'd say there's a healthy mix of skinnier more sativa looking leaves too. The main cola is swelling nicely and lots of trichs on the inside. Surrounding leaves have some on the edges when viewed through the Jewelers Loupe.

Happy news (and sad news lol). Just found out my wife is pregnant, so I'll get this grow and the auto done before I turn that room into a nursery. Sadly to be fair to the wife, I won't be smoking much either, but now this and the next crop will be getting one hell of a good cure. If I can find an easy spot to stealth grow in the house, I may continue. Just need to figure that step out.

It's not that I can't smoke, it's that after all this work growing our first time that she won't be able to enjoy the fruits of our labour for a while. I'll still sample from time to time, and those days by myself in the summer when its just me and no kids, Oooooh yeah! :p

Took these shots about 5 days ago. The main cola is getting quite plump and there are a few nice branches that look like they'll have some decent bud with some good little bits 'O popcorn. Little more frosting around the edges, and I'd say I have about 10% red hairs now. Trichs on the inside are looking a little taller but mostly clear, some milky (hard to tell) but definitely no amber yet. Most of the really large fan leaves have yellowed up or fallen off too. Just have been hoping for some cooler weather around here maybe help kick start it but I think I'm no more than a few weeks away from harvest! Here's the cola and a few other shots though:

colafrosty2.jpg

flowerfrosty1.jpg

flowerfrosty3.jpg

flowerfrosty4.jpg

I would stake up the branches if I was you. Or tie them to something. You don't want the branch to break or the swelling stops and the smoking begins. You want to pick the harvest date. Support anything that is floppy is the way I do it and. Check daily to make sure I can support any new branches that lay down on the job!

Back
Top Bottom