PotPie's First Grow - Quest for Indoor Gardening Nollij

Took me a while, PotPie, but I've found your sweet little grow. I've seen answers to your question so I'll offer that and personal results. Growers get grumpy if they're not getting one oz per sq ft. 50 or 60 watts sodium per sq ft. I've made a few bagseed grows in IKEA wardrobes with 250 HPS on 5 sq ft. These yielded 5 ozs or a little more. I was a happy closet farmer. Swampgas got about 4 ozs each caramelicious last, but his new run may go bigger. We hope for him. You get half lb trimmed dry bud and you are definiately da man, plus your trim will yield bubble hash of fine quality, but not quite an entire truckload. You didn't buy fancy expensive seeds, but that doesn't mean you don't have good plants. Yours look good, but they lack a fancy name. rep+

Week 5

Well it has been 93 days since the seeds first got wet. They have now been in flower for 5 weeks and 3 days. I am trying to figure out when they are going to be ready. Since this is a bagseed grow I have no idea how long they will be going. I am seeing more trichs but I can't see very well through the 30x scope I have been using. I 'm fairly certain I have several more weeks but only time will tell.

Looking good PotPie. Very green and nice the bud's look great.
Thanks Pan. I gotta say, I am pretty happy with my results so far.
Took me a while, PotPie, but I've found your sweet little grow. I've seen answers to your question so I'll offer that and personal results. Growers get grumpy if they're not getting one oz per sq ft. 50 or 60 watts sodium per sq ft. I've made a few bagseed grows in IKEA wardrobes with 250 HPS on 5 sq ft. These yielded 5 ozs or a little more. I was a happy closet farmer. Swampgas got about 4 ozs each caramelicious last, but his new run may go bigger. We hope for him. You get half lb trimmed dry bud and you are definiately da man, plus your trim will yield bubble hash of fine quality, but not quite an entire truckload. You didn't buy fancy expensive seeds, but that doesn't mean you don't have good plants. Yours look good, but they lack a fancy name. rep+
Welcome Propa Gator. Thanks for the info (and the reps). Like you, I am a happy closet farmer.
Very nice plant! they look super healthy! and not to mention those are tree trunks! keep up the good work
Thanks L8!
Sweet!!! Very pretty.
Welcome swampgas and thanks for the reps. I've enjoyed both of your grows so far. I'm looking forward to your outdoor journal should you decide to post.

Here a few various shots of the ladies this evening - Day 38 of flower.
0812.jpg
0743.jpg

0821.jpg
0782.jpg
0842.jpg
0832.jpg

0792.jpg
0804.jpg

0761.jpg
0772.jpg

0752.jpg

0734.jpg

OOwee, PP, they bling bling up nice! Make sure you have nice airflow 24/7 through those phat colas. Don't want any fungus to get funny ideas. I can see tric globes OK with cheap loupe from Harbor Freight. Crux I think is clear focus. I clip a tiny sample and get it to where I can pay attention.

Many thanks all for the kind words and reps. I really appreciate all of the help and support I have gotten here.

Make sure you have nice airflow 24/7 through those phat colas. Don't want any fungus to get funny ideas. I can see tric globes OK with cheap loupe from Harbor Freight. Crux I think is clear focus. I clip a tiny sample and get it to where I can pay attention.

Thanks for the heads-up about airflow. Definitely a concern in a little cabinet. I'm running the fans 12/12 with the lights right now. I'll get a little clamp-on fan for the inside and run it 24/7. Thanks also for the idea on viewing. I cut a little piece and laid it on the desk and got a nice peek this evening. All clear right now.
P.S. I freakin' love Harbor Freight. I've got one about a mile from here. Sidewalk sale this weekend!

You should start seeing some red hairs in about a week.;)

:woohoo: Thanks for the info. Awesome.

Week 6 of Flower

Not a whole lot to share this week. The ladies continue to grow fairly nicely. I think I am starting to see a little bit of nute damage. Nothing major at this point but I will probably give them plain water next time just to make sure I don't over do it with the ferts. I have to say that I am very anxious to see them finish. I'm thinking I have about another two weeks to go but I'm not really sure. I took a small leaf sample from each plant tonight to look at under the scope. The trichs look nice and seem to be all clear at this time. There may have been one or two trichomes that were starting to get a little milky but everything is mostly clear right now.

Here's a couple of snaps of day 43 of flower. It has been 98 days since the seeds first got wet.
0861.jpg

0851.jpg

Thanks for looking. If anyone has suggestions about when to start flushing, I'm all ears. Thanks:Rasta:

IMO investing in one of those scopes are very helpful for looking at your trich's nice! Depending on what type of high you're looking for, the higher percentage of trich's that are cloudy the more of a "couch lock" stone your herb will give you. Once you get there flush for a week or so. I can't wait :goodjob:

Nice grow man you will be smoking your own home grown before you know it. I would wait until 20 percent of you trichs go amber to start flushing and harvest at 40 percent you can adjust those numbers slightly up or down do to prefference

Potpie!!!
Wow! You did it!! you are successful in your quest and you have the proof right there.. Your present outcome rivals that of experienced growers I would say!
Reps++ for all you have done on this wonderful grow. I cant wait for your harvest!!!

Back
Top Bottom