THsea Grows Indoors Soil

Now there is an Idea! :high-five:

Thought you might like it! :)

Ah man, waiting on the tincture soaks is brutal.. I'll be filtering it and evaporating it off on the 14th of next month. Hopefully it is strong enough that it will total 4x 1oz dropper bottles. One for each KC plant, and a mixed bottle..

The NL Blue is in a 4 gallon.. It looks so nice I gave in. As soon as the La Diva finishes it will go to flower.. NLB stands at 17" right now... And only supposed to take ~55 days to finish... So it will likely be down before Dr. G

Thought you might like it! :)

Ah man, waiting on the tincture soaks is brutal.. I'll be filtering it and evaporating it off on the 14th of next month. Hopefully it is strong enough that it will total 4x 1oz dropper bottles. One for each KC plant, and a mixed bottle..

The NL Blue is in a 4 gallon.. It looks so nice I gave in. As soon as the La Diva finishes it will go to flower.. NLB stands at 17" right now... And only supposed to take ~55 days to finish... So it will likely be down before Dr. G

Hang in there...the tinctures will be worth the wait. :high-five:

Bud...everything will be finished before the Dr. G finishes! :rofl::rofl:

just stopped by to say hi hope all is well

All is! :) Thank you for stopping by!

It looks like NL Blue will go out a bit sooner.. The Tahoe is running out of vertical space, so needs to take Blue's place..
NOW... I have extra room.

So.... I have two fem'd seeds that I'm willing to pop... Both are from Green House Seeds... Its their iteration of Jack Herer, and their Himalaya Gold.

I'm leaning on the side of Himalaya Gold... It has a shorter flower time, and has gotten much kinder reviews... If it pops, I'll veg her for a month and then flower.

Man, it will be awesome once I've gotten a stockpile.. Choose the right smoke for the right time :)

Anywho, on 9/1/2012 I'll chop one of the two auto's. A week later the next will get the axe!
My mouth is watering just thinking about the scissor hash..

Hey OMM, whichever of the two autos end up "better".. We should fill one of those huge cones you have :)

Drive bye. Way cool congrad's on the harvest. That's what we do it for isn't it. I hope them tinctures work better for you then they did for me. Least the ones I tried. I ended up doing 5x what they claimed. But then I haven't gotten high eating herb, least not that I can tell. My 'old Lady' she says it's great, but I have never gotten high eating weed. I grew out Greenhouses Himalaya Gold. From waht I remember its was pretty fast with great buddage. Scale to me,, 1-10 she was a 7.4 of potient 8.1 yield and ease. The quaitity could've been better. I've not thried the other Jack' GL with that Grinspoon, she should have some nubs started by now? Really intresting plant and you do have the perfect place to finih her. GL and Keepem Green

Drive bye. Way cool congrad's on the harvest. That's what we do it for isn't it. I hope them tinctures work better for you then they did for me. Least the ones I tried. I ended up doing 5x what they claimed. But then I haven't gotten high eating herb, least not that I can tell. My 'old Lady' she says it's great, but I have never gotten high eating weed. I grew out Greenhouses Himalaya Gold. From waht I remember its was pretty fast with great buddage. Scale to me,, 1-10 she was a 7.4 of potient 8.1 yield and ease. The quaitity could've been better. I've not thried the other Jack' GL with that Grinspoon, she should have some nubs started by now? Really intresting plant and you do have the perfect place to finih her. GL and Keepem Green

Hey Sprout! :cheesygrinsmiley:

You must of done something wrong. THsea gave me a bit of a tincture he made and it was great! He made his with ever clear. :cheer:

Way cool NorCali! :) I love your grows, they are wonderful! Greenhouses :love:
If you give the Himalaya that good of a rating.. I'm sure she will turn out fine.. Great hearing that its yield is nice! I need some heavy yielding...

About eating it.. You know, I never get as high as other people off of edibles either. Well, I did have a great edible experience once.. But its not every day you can just swallow a gram of Afghani Black.. That hash is the standard I rate all other hash to, nothing has been as good.. Blah... BTW, I believe I remember reading about that tincture you had tried, didn't you drink it? I think that may have been the issue.. With tincture you are supposed to take it sublingually, so you just kind of hold it under your tongue for a bit. Its not like taking a huge bong rip or anything, but it does help with my nausea, stomach pains, etc.. And it lasts a very long time comparatively to smoking or using the vape.

Thank you again for stopping by! Always nice to have you!
Hey Sprout! :cheesygrinsmiley:

You must of done something wrong. THsea gave me a bit of a tincture he made and it was great! He made his with ever clear. :cheer:

I think he bought his from a dispensary... :) and :thanks: Yea, the tincture came out pretty good!

It will be more impressive of a product once we are making it without excess plant matter touching the solvent... in udder words! we gonna use hash ;)

Just to let you know, when consuming cannabis in any other way than vape, or smoke, it must be Decarboxylated first in order to get high. Otherwise it is strictly for medicinal use without the high.

To decarb THCa to THC, it must be in as near airtight a container as possible and heated. This releases the THC from its carboxyl prison to be free to effect your mind at will.

When marijuana is harvested, the THC molecule is bound to a carboxyl group (COOH) that is, one atom each of carbon and hydrogen and two atoms of oxygen. With a carboxyl group attached, THC is not active.

Heating dried marijuana makes the carboxyl group convert into water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2). When marijuana is smoked, the burning eliminates the carboxyl group. There are several ways to decarboxylate marijuana for use in extracts. A layer of marijuana buds or leaf can be placed in an oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes. This is far below the boiling point of THC yet warm enough to evaporate the carboxyl group. Another method of releasing the COOH is by placing a bowl of buds in the microwave for 2 minutes (NOT RECOMMENDED, but you can give it a try with a lot of bud). The waves will boil away the water. The boiling point of marijuana's active cannabinoids ranges from 260-392 degrees F.

Just to let you know, when consuming cannabis in any other way than vape, or smoke, it must be Decarboxylated first in order to get high. Otherwise it is strictly for medicinal use without the high.

To decarb THCa to THC, it must be in as near airtight a container as possible and heated. This releases the THC from its carboxyl prison to be free to effect your mind at will.

When marijuana is harvested, the THC molecule is bound to a carboxyl group (COOH) that is, one atom each of carbon and hydrogen and two atoms of oxygen. With a carboxyl group attached, THC is not active.

Heating dried marijuana makes the carboxyl group convert into water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2). When marijuana is smoked, the burning eliminates the carboxyl group. There are several ways to decarboxylate marijuana for use in extracts. A layer of marijuana buds or leaf can be placed in an oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes. This is far below the boiling point of THC yet warm enough to evaporate the carboxyl group. Another method of releasing the COOH is by placing a bowl of buds in the microwave for 2 minutes (NOT RECOMMENDED, but you can give it a try with a lot of bud). The waves will boil away the water. The boiling point of marijuana's active cannabinoids ranges from 260-392 degrees F.

I think you mixed it up a bit Jandre... It needs to be cooked into something (fats usually) so oil.. Butter.. whatever.
Decarb'ing will increase the potency (and is done before cooking into your solvent) by making on the forms of THC (with as you said, it removes the carbon-dioxide) that aren't "psychoactive" into psychoactive ones... You can also add things like soy lechtin to your recipes.. .This will make them kick in faster.

I've always read to decarb (unless you are using a microwave) without water... And at 220 degrees for.. I think almost twenty minutes. There is a PDF file somewhere on my computer that has the study they did to figure this decarb'ing cannabis shtuff...

Now you got me second guessing my references Jandre! But I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it before I do... ;) Your awesme, the 420 Private Eye!

Decarb is only necessary if no oils AND no heat is used. Most baking, I heat oil (lactose intolerant) and bud to the 250 to 300 degree range and stir for about 10 minutes, let cool and strain (sometimes for better flavor) before making brownies according to the recipe. 2/3 cup of oil (you will get over 1/2 cup when strained) and 1/4 oz bud for a 8x8" tray.....16 to 32 servings.

One source(among many), and most easily understood is Ed Rosenthal of CC. I cannot post a link, because it also has a grow forum. When I post something like this... it is because I have done the research...

not just blowing smoke.:smokin::ganjamon::blunt::tokin::hookah:;):smokin:

@THsea: I had always thought that Soy Lecithin was just a thickener. But after some quick research, I concur that with the liposomal encapsulation, the increased bioavailability would hasten the effects. It also helps to slow the oil from dissolving a gel capsule if it is used. It also stands to reason, that the cannabinoids would readily dissolve into the lipids as well, and almost become a nice, comfortable blend for the gut to absorb.

Your condition, I guess, makes you research ways to better absorb nutrients, huh? I guess I really need to read up on Soy Lecithin. Thank you for the gentle push in that direction.

Decarb is only necessary if no oils AND no heat is used. Most baking, I heat oil (lactose intolerant) and bud to the 250 to 300 degree range and stir for about 10 minutes, let cool and strain (sometimes for better flavor) before making brownies according to the recipe. 2/3 cup of oil (you will get over 1/2 cup when strained) and 1/4 oz bud for a 8x8" tray.....16 to 32 servings.

Even if oil is used, the COOH is still attached until it is used to cook with. If not cooking with the oil, it does need to be decarbed before consumption. Unless, of course you're dabbing it on a vape nail, or the end of a ciggy or something like that.

Basically, if it is a tincture, honey oil, (what-have-you) to be taken orally, for best results, decarb...

hey T pm me the store you go to to pick up the everclear

He got it in Kailua...at the little liq store in the little shopping center by BANKO. Only place on the island that has it! :high-five:

And more indica! Not being able to sleep is the pits.

I am making some new hybrids with lots of seed, all of them will be heavy on the indica side ...

THsea

I am interested in your tincture. I was already thinking of using Everclear. I have read all kinds of methods to make a tincture. I am thinking about doing this, make kief from dry ice with my finest bag. Add as little Everclear to the kief as I can to make it concentrated without having to concentrate it by evaporation. Just think'in

Um... Lets try this!

CHH! I've PM'ed you... The wrong store! Corrected it and sent you the right one though! :thumb:

Jandre! You've got it on d' evaporating and such... And I know you don't blow smoke buddy! But we all do puff on it... :) Where was I going with this? Right! Can has a Lamb Bread? Please?

Um... Buckshot! What your doing is kind of like what I'd like to do.. Try to find essentially a saturation point for the "keif"... There will be some sediment even with using this. So don't mistake that for it being saturated!. Up to you on filtering (and the level you wish to do it to).. I haven't made tincture of purely sift though... Decarb'ing should help using this... But I wouldn't do it with all of it and I'd still give it a decent long time to soak in the alcohol.

So.... If you saw the sig, taking the grow in a new direction... Three OG Kush varieties! And a Vanilla Kush!
Only seven plants now! oh no!

Back
Top Bottom