THsea's Intermission Grow

I'm gonna be watching your thread THsea. I have a 3 week old Hawaiian Snow in a 4x4 grow room with 4 other strains - uh oh. I hope I can get some occasional advice!
Aloha! Welcome to the grow! She will stretch, for your conditions, depending on your height, may want to flower that bad girl! If she is still in veg, FIM'ing is what I would suggest over topping. OMM is a master of that, check out his journal for more info...

Personally, I've never been dissapointed by LST, if you have the room... It is nice for plants that do not to tolerate topping as well, FIM is lower stress than traditional topping and is a sound option too.

Hawaiian Snow is beautiful, not as impressive as 2046 ( a pure haze, that is suseptible to mold/ rot), but still a fabulous plant! Pretty damn dense flowers for a sativa, I hear :thumb: it's wonderful to say, I'll likely need to throw a trimming party to get her nice and manicured... Hey CHH and OMM ;)

Ask anything you like, someone will answer you pretty quickly :)

Graytail, you are in trouble already. Hawaiian snow grows really big and branch y. Maybe THsea can help. You may need to FIM it. So it doesn't get too tall.:high-five:
OMM to the rescue! Right on brother :high-five:

I will say, starting off, HS seems to develop slower that other sativa's that I've run (and seen you run, OMM).. Gray may still have a shot,depending on height restrictions. Do expect substantial stretch, fo' real! LST or FIM will make the plant more manageable in stretch.

Yeah OMM, the online Greenhouse video shows theirs growing 20 inches per week for three weeks. Uh huh, sure ... That's gonna work real well in my little 4x4 room. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep choppin' the stuffing outta her until she's ready to flower. I do think there's a chance I can fit her into a 2x4 scrog like Chimp's wild sativas. Time will tell. I'll be interested to see what THsea's looks like after another week in the sunshine. Mine is only 3 weeks old and starting to grow 2 inches a day at 12/12 under 600w hps. *groan*
You will figure it out! If you've already flipped her to 12/12 then I would recommend LST over FIM.
If you we're wondering, last time I measured the HS, it was over 40" tall... Not bad :)

yea if you got one of those big growing sativas indoor with minimal space good to start and keep it under 12/12
even then it gets almost unmanagebly tall
Good advice, very true!

Don't think it would hurt it either, journal patrons! CHH knows his stuff! Sativa's are generally equitorial, 12/12 is very close to what is natural for them.

THsea, nice plants, love the indoor and outdoor rotation... I'm along for the ride... subbed +reps
Hey, thank you buddy! Yea brother, I'm fuckin' sprinting until the end of the dry season... If I don't, I may not have meds through the rainy season! Shit, I very well may have to run auto's indoors if we get really bad rains in the beginning of next year... But I think the Mazar will stand up to it... If not, like I said, like 10 auto's and bust out the 400 watt CMH.

There WILL be meds!

good weed and Happy Friedday THsea:)

Thanks for the help, THsea! When did she sprout? Your journal says you put her into 12/12 on May 16th - so that's 40 inches at 5 weeks - not so unmanageable, really. How tall was she when you flipped her? I only let mine go to 6 inches, but I have no idea when she'll actually react. I was stunned when Chimp said his Old Timer Haze took 10 weeks to flower AFTER 5 weeks in veg. Yowza! I'm sure the Hawaiian Snow will be quicker, but still, it's not like they react right away. I grew Mexican sativas back in the 80's, and they always took at least 8 weeks to flower, and grew to over 6 feet indoors, untopped.

I'm not so sure about fimming over topping. That doesn't really slow upward growth much, which is what my main problem will be - heck, it barely slows growth at all, and I want to keep this girl as small as I can. I'm after the high, not the quantity, not that I'd turn down quantity, too. It's good to hear you say that HS has dense buds for a sativa. I'm concerned about dealing with all the leaf mass. I'd like to isolate growth as much as possible to the branch tips. LST is definite, but I also saw a pic on one of Doc Bud's thread of something called an Uncle Ben - ran into the term once somewhere else on the web. The plants looked to be about 18 inches tall, hacked off at the 4th node, with just 4 or 6 lower branches remaining. That should slow her down, and I could then train 2-3 to each side of a rectangular scrog. That's my tentative plan. Then play with fimming on the side shoots to thicken the canopy. Whaddya think, guys? (BTW, hi, guys - I've read most of your journals). Dunno - we'll see. She's at 8 inches now and 5? nodes. At 2 inches a day, that gives me another week before I have to decide on the Uncle Ben. Should I try to guide her or just whack her off at the 4th node?

good weed and Happy Friedday THsea:)
Good weekend to you Fishy :)

Thanks for the help, THsea! When did she sprout? Your journal says you put her into 12/12 on May 16th - so that's 40 inches at 5 weeks - not so unmanageable, really. How tall was she when you flipped her? I only let mine go to 6 inches, but I have no idea when she'll actually react. I was stunned when Chimp said his Old Timer Haze took 10 weeks to flower AFTER 5 weeks in veg. Yowza! I'm sure the Hawaiian Snow will be quicker, but still, it's not like they react right away. I grew Mexican sativas back in the 80's, and they always took at least 8 weeks to flower, and grew to over 6 feet indoors, untopped.

I'm not so sure about fimming over topping. That doesn't really slow upward growth much, which is what my main problem will be - heck, it barely slows growth at all, and I want to keep this girl as small as I can. I'm after the high, not the quantity, not that I'd turn down quantity, too. It's good to hear you say that HS has dense buds for a sativa. I'm concerned about dealing with all the leaf mass. I'd like to isolate growth as much as possible to the branch tips. LST is definite, but I also saw a pic on one of Doc Bud's thread of something called an Uncle Ben - ran into the term once somewhere else on the web. The plants looked to be about 18 inches tall, hacked off at the 4th node, with just 4 or 6 lower branches remaining. That should slow her down, and I could then train 2-3 to each side of a rectangular scrog. That's my tentative plan. Then play with fimming on the side shoots to thicken the canopy. Whaddya think, guys? (BTW, hi, guys - I've read most of your journals). Dunno - we'll see. She's at 8 inches now and 5? nodes. At 2 inches a day, that gives me another week before I have to decide on the Uncle Ben. Should I try to guide her or just whack her off at the 4th node?

Hm... I think the HS was vegged about two months, maybe a little less. Started in a 2 gallon smartpot, got a lot of roots on her and moved her to a 11 gallon airpot... And now, after 5 weeks of flower, she is well over 40"... before she went out, the top growth teetered out, and all the side branching was about as tall as the top... She was under two feet before going out, I think 16-18", possibly. I veg under LED's, so my plants keep tight nodes until outdoors... I'll see if I can find some photo's of her in veg, or just when I put her out.

I thought you said you started 12/12? I wouldn't personally suggest any topping or FIM after that. It might be okay if you get it in early, but I would be worried it would negatively effect yields. Supercropping branches or training them would be my suggestion.

OMM showed me the UBT thang... I've done it once. I don't know, I just really don't like messing with my girls to much, once they are in 12/12... But you can never go wrong with tying her around, I've never seen it do anything but increase yields while making the plant/ space more manageable. Heck, I gotta do it to one branch on the HS soon, two cola's are a bit to close for comfort in my overly wet environment.

Hey THsea, I've noticed you used to post a lot in extracts and cooking, any progress/updates/findings lately in those categories? I'm very interested in those subjects and have been dabbling in various forms of canna cooking lately.. did decarbed kief stuffed mushrooms sauteed in canna-oil. They were wonderful and the sausage and herbs and cheese and mushroom blended beautifully with the kief... it was nicely effective too :)

Yep totally all mine used to be grown outdoors till some kids, I no cause they wanted to sell em back to me ( stole the lot an the pots as well ive never grown outdoors since then) :rollit::green_heart:
I love sun grown buds.Just call me a nature child . Or call me to cheep to pay electric bills ,I don't know . I'll be watching and enjoying the rest of the way .

good weed THsea:circle-of-love:
Take Care of OMM please:)

well for most people who do grow indoors its for stealth purposes
too many thieves out there

Reminded me of when I was about 6, we would pick the neighbors flowers to sell to other neighbors. One day a guy came out and gave all 3 of us a dollar each if we would stop picking his flowers......
Yep totally all mine used to be grown outdoors till some kids like about 12year olds, I no cause they wanted to sell em back to me ( stole the lot an the pots as well ive never grown outdoors since then) :rollit::green_heart:

:rofl:
reminds me of when I was a kid stole a neighbors plant
well I was young dumb and well you get the idea we all grow up sometime
karma can be a bitch I found out soon enough lol
well anyway the guy stole it back :rofl:
wasn't ready to harvest yet needed to grow a bit more lol

A fine weed to you THsea!
hope you have your slugs at bay:)

I had to stop growing back in 1995/6? cause some school kids found em they went an took em pots an all but it was well before the due date . Can you believe though I saw them an they complained the weed was shit I told em why an why they were just freaking jockers then they said I could buy back my not yet ready buds. I was able to get a small tent an started to grow again in 2012 after a lot of peace talks with the Mrs:circle-of-love:

Goddamn, I'mma need a smoke after all this! :laughtwo:

Hey THsea, I've noticed you used to post a lot in extracts and cooking, any progress/updates/findings lately in those categories? I'm very interested in those subjects and have been dabbling in various forms of canna cooking lately.. did decarbed kief stuffed mushrooms sauteed in canna-oil. They were wonderful and the sausage and herbs and cheese and mushroom blended beautifully with the kief... it was nicely effective too :)
Hello Rune, not so much with using different solvents! I've used the usual oils/ butter for cooking, but for extracts haven't had the chance to play with propylene glycol or anything else. Once I get the yields I'll be back in those threads... The stuffed mushrooms sound killer man, I LOVE food :)

Yep totally all mine used to be grown outdoors till some kids like about 12year olds, I no cause they wanted to sell em back to me ( stole the lot an the pots as well ive never grown outdoors since then) :rollit::green_heart:
Goddamn kids!

good weed THsea:circle-of-love:
Take Care of OMM please:)
Right, "hurry up with OMM's cannabutter!" ;)

Goddamn people!

Reminded me of when I was about 6, we would pick the neighbors flowers to sell to other neighbors. One day a guy came out and gave all 3 of us a dollar each if we would stop picking his flowers......
There are little girls where my dad lives that do that, but they don't sell them... They just go around and wish people on the block a nice day and give them flowers and stuff. Made my day, it was pretty damn cool.

Love it bozzo420! :party:
:thumb:

:rofl:
reminds me of when I was a kid stole a neighbors plant
well I was young dumb and well you get the idea we all grow up sometime
karma can be a bitch I found out soon enough lol
well anyway the guy stole it back :rofl:
wasn't ready to harvest yet needed to grow a bit more lol
Goddamn!... CHH?! :thedoubletake:

A fine weed to you THsea!
hope you have your slugs at bay:)
Nah man, those slugs are in the dirt!... No, not at their appropriate home, I killed them suck-a's

I had to stop growing back in 1995/6? cause some school kids found em they went an took em pots an all but it was well before the due date . Can you believe though I saw them an they complained the weed was shit I told em why an why they were just freaking jockers then they said I could buy back my not yet ready buds. I was able to get a small tent an started to grow again in 2012 after a lot of peace talks with the Mrs:circle-of-love:
That is a damn shame! Man, glad I've got a card.. If someone robbed me, and flaunted that shit I'd call the police!

Mr Fishmaster would you mind if I was to put you on my friends list :lot-o-toke::peacetwo::icon_roll:dreamy::dreamy:
He would cherish it!

I would cherrish it:)
er....cherrish!

:thanks::circle-of-love:
Thanks my brother of a differnt mother :love:
Oh yea, gotta love the comradery here ;)

I took pictures yesterday, I'll try to get them loaded up tonight... Sorry about the lack of updating, things have been busy :)

see if you come here more often you don't get burnt out making posts like that, shit we won't see you for a month after that one :cheesygrinsmiley:

good to see you posting

see if you come here more often you don't get burnt out making posts like that, shit we won't see you for a month after that one :cheesygrinsmiley:

good to see you posting
Maybe ;)

Hate to make you wrong buddy, but pictures of the outdoor girls in a few... I'll try to get some indoor pic's up tomorrow, the indoor girls really do look nice... Loving my two Dinachem's, not even upset that the 3rd never popped... The OG Kush is nice, but I really expected more root development... The first of the two 'chem plants already has a root poking through the side of the smart pot... None on the OG, below or to the sides... Very odd, specially for how old she is.

Back
Top Bottom