LordCaliban's 1st Bag Seed Indoor Grow!

I might see if I can't tie the lower branches that are falling under the weight to some higher branch nodes on the main stem and then I just need to figure out the easiest way to make the main stem stop leaning. If I can't find any sticks to support them with, I might just use some string wrapped around and tacked to the wall.

Thanks guys!

I got the bamboo sticks at walmart for a few bucks, in the lawn and garden section with the grilling stuff.
I might see if I can't tie the lower branches that are falling under the weight to some higher branch nodes on the main stem and then I just need to figure out the easiest way to make the main stem stop leaning. If I can't find any sticks to support them with, I might just use some string wrapped around and tacked to the wall.

Thanks guys!

I'll take a look for the Bamboo sticks next time I goto WalMart. This morning I took some soft yarn my wife had and tied up some of the lower branches up and around the main stem and high up nodes to secure them, then I secured some just below the main cola and pulled it back upright and secured it to the wire shelf from which the LED hangs on but in the corner (I'll get some pics up soon). She's standing up tall now, red hairs have more than doubled and definitely starting to swell. Trichs still clear for the most part, maybe some milky but it's my first time so hard to tell with the jewlers loupe but will be able to see amber no problem when it shows.

My goal is to harvest at about 25% to 50% Amber as I'm looking for more of the couch lock, help with my insomnia effect.

Sounds like you have it figured out LC, just make sure all your supports are loose around the plant. The stems you tied to will continue to swell and you don't want your ties to cut into the plant. You are in the home stretch now. This probably won't even be an issue as your harvest will be soon enough...

I gave each loop a gentle tug to see how it would react because I was also thinking it was going to add some more weight and I was lifting from about 1/3 to half way up the branch. The yarn itself has a little give and of course the branches will just dip some more. My main concern was just taking some weight away from the branch at the point of the main stem where it could possibly snap off. Thanks everyone though, I feel like I'm really close to the end of the grow now and looking forward to harvest and cure.

Does the plant seem to use up a little more water near the end as it swells? Seems to be drying about a day or two earlier than before.

<<Does the plant seem to use up a little more water near the end as it swells? Seems to be drying about a day or two earlier than before.

Yes, my plants drink more near the end as well, especially during the final flush.

Good thing I'm a patient person, because this plant is taking foooooor-ev-arrrrrr!!!! Almost finished Week 12 of flowering 12/12. Getting a little frostier, no amber trichs that I can see yet and I would say I'm at 50% maybe a little higher for hairs. Took these pics of the main cola and one of the side branches (there's a good 10 or more side branches, each with a couple popcorn buds near the bottom of them too).

Predictions? Another couple weeks, or sooner?

week12cola.jpg
week12side.jpg

Waiting to see at least one amber trichome. I've got a little popcorn nug drying in a paper bag I'll sample later this week to check it out. The majority of the hairs are now red, most of the large fan leaves have yellowed up or fallen off. It's really close, just not sure how much longer to wait. Most of the trichs look cloudy but I swear I still see a few clear ones and no amber ones. I've got a 60x lighted jewlers loupe I'm using.

So I let the popcorn sample dry for 4 or 5 days sitting in my closet on a piece of rolling paper. I crumbled it up in my fingers and rolled a small joint with it. It was still a little squishy so it rolled and formed easy. It was just a thin little joint, but smoked good (still a little green smell and taste due to no cure) but definitely got me high with a good buzz. Based on that, I should be chopping soon.

Sorry for the crappy picture, my phone didn't want to cooperate with the light today. Anyhoo, the majority of the hairs are red and the trichs are about 95% milky from what I can tell. Still don't see any amber trichs, but I might snip one more popcorn sample to test out as the last one I was quite happy with the results, I just need a slightly bigger sample to see what the full effect will be like.

The majority of the large fan leaves have now browned and been plucked or snipped off, and I prune it every couple of days to rid the brown leaves. Some of the branches have swollen much bigger than I thought and the main cola is very nice. It's nothing special like many of you have grown on here, but for my first grow it's more then I thought I would yield so far. 13 or so branches plus the main cola!

My plan for drying will be to use binder clips to pinch the branches and have them hanging down from the wire shelf in the closet, while I put all the popcorn buds into a brown paper bag. With any luck I should be moving to that phase soon. I just wish I hadn't stopped nutes too far back if I had known it was going to take a month longer!

crappy_pic.jpg

Tried to take a better shot today, but results are about the same. Put my fiskars up to the cola for an idea of size. The scissors are 6 inches long, plant is about 41" tall total and I actually counted 18 branches plus the Main Cola and they all have buds ranging in size from about a standard lighter to twice that plus the popcorn on the lower parts of the branches.

Been pulling the dead and dying stuff off as it uses those up so it's kinda lollypopping itself, but should make for a fairly easy manicure come harvest time. Happy Holidays to all!

week151.jpg

Getting close to week 15/16 from flower. Lots of trichs, still a couple clear ones but mostly all cloudy. No sight of any amber trichs though, so I'm wondering if I'm going to check on them one day and all of a sudden see lots of Amber trichs or are certain strains just slow to mature?!?

I liked the decent buzz I got off of the sample I tried but would still like a little more "couchlock", so will some of the trichs turn after I harvest and cure?

FINALLY!! I've been waiting for ever to see at least of few Amber trichs. I had to go away for a few days and when I came back, the lady was really dried out but lots of resin production from it. After a glance, I notice some Amber trichs, so I gave a little water the other night and was finally able to get some time to chop and hang. The outside dried a good bit which made the leaves fall off really easy and there's still moisture in the core and stems (they will snap but after a big bend, and they're still moist inside).

I just checked on them now and the outside part feels like it has rehdrayed and not as near as dry as it was last night. The drying room is holding steady at 72F with a RH of 46%. Also have a bag of popcorn buds (shown in jar below) which are inside a paper bag right now. Not too much smell from this strain right now, I sampled some 3 times now and got a better high each and every time so I'm satisfied with the product so far and it has a nice smell when burning (for one that hasn't been cured yet).

There's about 20+ branches hanging with the main cola at least 6 inches long. The buds are fairly dense, slightly airy but way better than I though I would grow. I would like to thank everyone who's helped me along this far, and the wealth of knowledge I've learned and can now also share with the community here. Since my "grow room" is to be made into a nursery for my incoming child, I'm hoping to sneak in one more grow, a Auto-Anesthesia to satisfy my curiousity of growing an Auto strain, and the fact that it should be done around 7 weeks and not 6 months.

IMAG034016.jpg

IMAG034218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom