Coco & Hibrix In 2018!

So this round I did a no defol tech where the lowers were cleaned up a tad bit in veg and that was all. I feel like the leaves of the plants are the catalysts for fast growth since the fan leaves are the energy factories after all. With the amount of growth I’ve gotten this time doing this I don’t think I’ll ever go back. Maybe do a very minute defol 3 weeks into flower but other than that we are just smooth sailing
6B2C9C66-3FB3-4B68-B818-5B9C104110E8.jpeg
7A4F0F2B-E4CA-4EE0-BAC4-D0686E9F6A6A.jpeg
D33B17C2-251A-49DC-ABD5-16B35A915545.jpeg
D33B17C2-251A-49DC-ABD5-16B35A915545.jpeg

Looking great Kid! Have you done the defoil with this same strain? I understand what you're saying with the quick growth but isn't leaving a lot of lower growth going to take away from energy that could go to the main colas?

:passitleft:

I’ve only done defols my whole time growing, this is the first time I’ve let them be. I have not done a side by side same strain doing this and probably won’t. I don’t think it sacrifices that much energy to keep the lowers. In my personal opinion if a strain I should gonna yield then it will yield with minimal pruning

I’ve only done defols my whole time growing, this is the first time I’ve let them be. I have not done a side by side same strain doing this and probably won’t. I don’t think it sacrifices that much energy to keep the lowers. In my personal opinion if a strain I should gonna yield then it will yield with minimal pruning
Hmm...thats an awfully debated topic! I personally havent done enough research/growing to have a solid opinion on that..but for what its worth! I think I kind of got jipped (is that how thats spelt?)

The kosher x tangie I just harvested was somewhat disappointing, I dont think im being greedy either - I veg plants for a longg time and grow them to be monsters, so I expect them to put out. But the koshers' weight from popcorn/trim was 20% of the total!!! I mean, I can make edibles and what not out of it...but trimming that sh*t was a PITA!

I think in this instance trimming the larf off bottom would have done me some good! Mayble I'll try not defol'ing!

Plants are looking good brother, still hoping to visit you after the first of the year! Should be a good time:passitleft:

Hmm...thats an awfully debated topic! I personally havent done enough research/growing to have a solid opinion on that..but for what its worth! I think I kind of got jipped (is that how thats spelt?)

The kosher x tangie I just harvested was somewhat disappointing, I dont think im being greedy either - I veg plants for a longg time and grow them to be monsters, so I expect them to put out. But the koshers' weight from popcorn/trim was 20% of the total!!! I mean, I can make edibles and what not out of it...but trimming that sh*t was a PITA!

I think in this instance trimming the larf off bottom would have done me some good! Mayble I'll try not defol'ing!

Plants are looking good brother, still hoping to visit you after the first of the year! Should be a good time:passitleft:
Haha it really is a huge debate. I guess I should have clarified that a tiny amount of pruning in my eyes is ok but not this 3ALight bullshit stripping your plants to nothing and stressing the absolute piss outta them. Yes in you’re instance you’re probably right and it is proabably most definitely strain dependent

Haha it really is a huge debate. I guess I should have clarified that a tiny amount of pruning in my eyes is ok but not this 3ALight bullshit stripping your plants to nothing and stressing the absolute piss outta them. Yes in you’re instance you’re probably right and it is proabably most definitely strain dependent

Strain and medium dependent in my opinion. No way in hydro to keep all the leaves without doing anything. Plus the leaves are larger in hydro and grow fast, blocking the light from the bottom stuff. I think when growing in soil you should never do heavy defoliation's, just light ones every once and a while.

You can defoliate heavy in soil, just understand that it takes more time to recover. If you understand that, you can be rough as hell on them. I did a main line on white widow.....took a bit longer than normal defoliations to recover.

Its definitely better to be slower with pruning in soil if you can.....but they will recover in soil if you give them time!

Looking nice and healthy @Coloradokid19 Following you and @Asesino85 Journals I'd have to agree with you both as far as in soil. Less pruining is probably better.

Yes I should’ve made that clear that if you’re in grodan cubes feeding 6x a day then it’s a different story
You can defoliate heavy in soil, just understand that it takes more time to recover. If you understand that, you can be rough as hell on them. I did a main line on white widow.....took a bit longer than normal defoliations to recover.

Its definitely better to be slower with pruning in soil if you can.....but they will recover in soil if you give them time!
Yes you are exactly right. I just think that if you’re trying to get fast veg times and flip sooner then it’s probably best not to defol but you totally can and yes the plant will bounce back healthy. I guess I’m just in the mindset to see how fast I can get from cutting to harvest with the best most robust and vigorous growth

Strain and medium dependent in my opinion. No way in hydro to keep all the leaves without doing anything. Plus the leaves are larger in hydro and grow fast, blocking the light from the bottom stuff. I think when growing in soil you should never do heavy defoliation's, just light ones every once and a while.
I whole heartedly agree. It’s all about finding that happy/medium where your plants enjoy it

I whole heartedly agree. It’s all about finding that happy/medium where your plants enjoy it
Mine also veg for a rediculous amount of time, if I was only vegging for a month or slightly more - I would hardly take anything. Lots of factors! I think your nailing it though :thumb:

Mine also veg for a rediculous amount of time, if I was only vegging for a month or slightly more - I would hardly take anything. Lots of factors! I think your nailing it though :thumb:
Thanks man much appreciated!
Based on my past grows, I will continue removing suckers/larf from lowers but will do a much lighter leaf defoliation to maintain plant balance/energy.
You got it down:cool:

Some really happy girls there CK! :thumb:
Thanks Van, I am just bummed it’s only 2 this round, next time I’ll be back to 12 and it’ll be a lot fuller in here

Just finished up the CAT series. About 5 days ago I top dressed with epsoms because I was getting some curling in the leaves. They are now super happy and praying so I think I did good with adding the epsoms. And it’s 3rd run soil as well.
3CD652D3-3887-417A-9FFE-7C77CBE5DE38.jpeg
F7CC5125-D443-435D-92ED-BB6AF4AB7EEE.jpeg
7E15BAAB-B993-43B9-A99C-0A4D7C9693F6.jpeg
This picture is from the end of day 26

Back
Top Bottom