COorganics - No-Till Organic - 2nd No Till Run - Indoors - GSC Forum Cut

Hey there BB, care to share a pic of the label on that coco life bottle. I can't find one on the web, I looked. I wanted to see if it was processed, has preservatives. I'm guessing it does. I use the harmless harvest brand for enzyme teas if I'm lazy and don't feel like sprouting/puréeing seeds. Harmless harvest is the only brand I know of that is actually pure, raw young coconut water. I like to drink half and share half among my plants, with water, as a soil drench.

Thanks!
Now on to reading your rabbit poo link..

Hey CO sure thing. i don't know if WholeFoods Market is out your way but they carry everything or almost everything organic. Beef, milk, eggs, fish, poultry, cereals <spit>, etc. We eat and grow all organic. We source a lot of specialty foods as I'm wheat intolerant, so that got me away from mass grocery type of stores. I can find all kinds of organic drinks and other goodies at WholeFoods/TraderJoes. I think they even have Aloe drinks and also aloe syrup! They have a lot of stuff good for us. Blame it on my better half always trying to keep me healthy.

My dog prefers the Salmon & sweet potato fritters.... hahaha!

This one is straight up all 100% coconut water from young coconuts and is imported from Thailand.
Linkey to website coconut-life.com
We drink JUST the coconut water - I usually do like you, half for me half for the ladies. Once in a while I do the gallon RO mixed with a can and use that for the daily watering.

Agua De Coco buddy!! 100% - we've tried a bunch of em and this one tastes the best. My wife is the coconut connoisseur. I usually just pour it on the ladies...RO water is good'nuf for me. This is serious leaves reaching to the sky good stuff for the ladies, you know what I'm talking about. :thumb:

WP_20150412_002.jpg

I'm super psyched had a GREAT day. My grow room is on the top floor in our house and the sunlight only shines direct in the grow room for maybe 3 weeks out of the year 5-7pm - this is the beginning of that cycle. So I go and put my BlueBerry last seed left - no clones nothing but this one seed from my last 2 runs. Its my favorite smoke to this point. Thought it was a goner .... seed popped 6 weeks ago, we put into flower last week. Today I put the little lady in the sunlight - no sex had shown yet. Today after 2 hrs in daylight sunshine, boom little tiny white hairs. I'm sooo happy. :cheer:

Now we get the skunk
Now we get the skunk
Now we get the skunk

I used to be scared, stinks up the neighborhood even with scrubbers! I'm a convert now.

I think that strain is bluberry X Skunk. It finishes like a dark chocolate with blueberry overtones on the smell, taste is blueberry and we get total happy days high.

Cheers, keep it green.

BB

Mine get some once a week with so me aloe vera juice, staggered with the malted barley grain/aloe vera juice/kelp meal/ fulvic acid tea.

Yesterday I made an SST with mung bean sprouts. My wife wanted me to grow some for us for to eat and I thought hey I should try sprout tea for the girls. Gave everyone a good watering last night and this am it looked just like I watered them with coconut water. All the girls were happy even tho temps were down into the high 50s in the grow room over night. Some of the young ones doubled in size!! So yeah happy with the mung beans. For the shits and giggles I got out my PH pen and tested the water. Ph was pretty low like down to 5 and I didn't wait for the meter to finish I just said step back away from the meter and watered everyone knowing the soil can handle it.

Yesterday I made an SST with mung bean sprouts. My wife wanted me to grow some for us for to eat and I thought hey I should try sprout tea for the girls. Gave everyone a good watering last night and this am it looked just like I watered them with coconut water. All the girls were happy even tho temps were down into the high 50s in the grow room over night. Some of the young ones doubled in size!! So yeah happy with the mung beans. For the shits and giggles I got out my PH pen and tested the water. Ph was pretty low like down to 5 and I didn't wait for the meter to finish I just said step back away from the meter and watered everyone knowing the soil can handle it.

Wow BB, maybe I should give them a try. I like the idea of tossing in something different a couple times a grow.

"I just said step back away from the meter....."

Good laugh first thing in the morning BB. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Wow BB, maybe I should give them a try. I like the idea of tossing in something different a couple times a grow.

Glad I could get yer day off to a good start!! :Namaste:

I "kinda" took a leap of faith.

As soon as I woke up today I had to run and check all the ladies and girls to be sure everything was good. I've got other plants for outdoors going too and they all got some tea as well. Everybody is happy. The SST thing I think I get results from the plants right away, the ACT is more for the soil and the roots.

Later into flower (2nd month) I'm starting to think the SST is more beneficial for yield and flower production??? Just my gut feeling from experience/observations. Any thoughts?

Mung is a good one that I have seen other people using on different forums...but I haven't seen anyone using wheat grass...I've seen mentions but I think its something we should consider :) At least I think I will give it a go.

Glad I could get yer day off to a good start!! :Namaste:

I "kinda" took a leap of faith.

As soon as I woke up today I had to run and check all the ladies and girls to be sure everything was good. I've got other plants for outdoors going too and they all got some tea as well. Everybody is happy. The SST thing I think I get results from the plants right away, the ACT is more for the soil and the roots.

Later into flower (2nd month) I'm starting to think the SST is more beneficial for yield and flower production??? Just my gut feeling from experience/observations. Any thoughts?

I think that one of the other forums I peruse has a thread dedicated to SSTs. I'll see what I can find BB. I know I use the malted barley grain teas and they run regular once a week at all times. Doesn't matter what stage of development the plants are in.

The SSTs have that effect on the plants because they're loaded with enzymes that get everything all excited and active. You feel that energy they put off afterwards too? I thought that was just me. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Have you tried anything other than the malted barley?

Pretty much any fast growing seed should be beneficial in this kind of application, don't you think?

I don't have any of the good seeds around, but I have a bag of birdseed I think I will give a whirl. I also want to give wheatgrass a shot since it's such a superfood, I figures it's gotta be choc full of goodies.

Have you tried anything other than the malted barley?

Pretty much any fast growing seed should be beneficial in this kind of application, don't you think?

I don't have any of the good seeds around, but I have a bag of birdseed I think I will give a whirl. I also want to give wheatgrass a shot since it's such a superfood, I figures it's gotta be choc full of goodies.

Clackamas Coots was insistent that the malted barley grain had the most beneficial effects. He recommended 6 row. His reasoning was that malted barley grain contains 2 forms of amylase and elevated levels of chitinase. He suggested looking into chitinase salicylic acid pathways and the importance of barley and aloe for salicylic acid. I personally have been too busy with Dale to do much research into this, but maybe someone here can make it easily digestible?

I have sprouted organic, non GMO popcorn, another great choice. Actually, the soil benefits from a variety of SSTs over time, the same way you want to offer different ACTs sometimes. More micro-nutrients. Knowing what I know about barley it will always be my most frequent choice.

Incidentally, as per CC, the basic recipe.

Malted Barley Grain Tea

- 1 ounce malted barley grain, ground to a fine powder/gallon of enzyme tea
- add about 1/2 gallon of water
- bubble for 4-24 hours
- strain into bucket or watering can
- add 2 teaspoons reconstituted kelp meal
- fill with good water to the volume you need
- add 1/2 ounce/gallon of Ful-Power fulvic acid + 1/4 cup aloe vera juice
- drench the soil
- watch the plants pray to the light

BB, while going through my notes I found this by BlueJay. On page 20 of his thread, post #389, he mentions that in using no-tills and thinking of soil health in terms of years instead of individual cycles, things like compost teas are "out the window". With a good soil mix and humus, simply keeping the soil moist means the watering becomes a compost tea.

His long term view was simple;
1. Mulch.
2. Once per cycle topdressing with rich vermicompost.
3. Supplement with weekly applications of enzyme teas, aloe vera juice and coconut water

So simple, yet so effective. This is all I did with my first run. Look at the results. So simple.

BlueJay's soil at that writing, which I believe was in 2012, was in its 13th cycle of no-till.

Great idea Sweetleef,
A balanced diet is always best. Smart to have a mix and trust Gaia.
In Nature, herb doesn't grow in isolation, it's part of large biosphere. Does anybody know what herb's natural companions/enemies are? Almost always found on slopes, tallish, flowering annual suggests the edge between forest and meadow. Goats love it! Photos of landraces in situ haven't shown much more than broad grasses. I wrote these off as standard local pioneer plants exploiting broken ground.

Hey all. I won't be frequenting this forum any more. It's been fun.

Keep growing and keep relying on the soil food web to do your gardening!

COorganics.

Back
Top Bottom