COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

Man o War was a horse, right?

I believe he was. I have heard it as an expression before and I kinda like it. :)

my seed order has arrived and quickly moved on towards its final destination. that is always nice to see. this is the best time of year to get seeds through customs, I bet the bastards are swamped!!

I set up a veg space for the time being. I can set up a grow room pretty fast nowdays. I chose a closet that had an adjacent space with a hot water heater, that exhausts out the roof. so ill have a little air flow going on in there at least.

as im planning my permanent grow space underground it looks great, but I am thinking, how do I know it wont flood? how can I prevent that from happening? It doesn't look like our crawlspace floods, but I wanna be damn sure before I invest a shit load of time and money into this thing?

thoughts on that anyone?

Man, I wish I could help but I have no idea how something like that works. I am looking forward to watching you do it though :)

I've always wanted a 1950's bomb shelter, so what you learn could one day help me realize that dream :laughtwo:

Well your options will depend on the amount of money and time you want to spend.

Easy basic thing to do, look at the grade of your land, and make sure it isn't sloping towards the house or your deck.

You could build a foundation, decorative rock walls, use vapor barrier, or put in a french drain. Lots of options, not limited to these. You could make some calls to contractors and ask for ideas and bids on an underground wine cellar.

I'm glad you are thinking ahead and identifying future problems Co, good luck!

So one thing I've always wanted to do was install french drains all around, with them draining into a buried reservoir, with an overflow tank above ground for collected rainwater. Of course this is just way more money and work compared to a gutter collection system, but much less ugly to look at. The only problem with my idea is, your tank would probably need to be a ways away from any septic or drain fields, and it may not be very easy access to your underground room without additional groundwork and plumbing.

Sorry for going off Co, I just have a huge interest in using my construction skills to find efficient, stealthy ways to make growing easier.

well, then my friend, ill be bouncing lots more ideas off you as well, if you don't mind.
this is unfortunately kinda my weak point in the whole thing. im a quick learner though and I can do lots of really basic stuff, lol.

Hi CO,

Here in the PNW, the underground grows i'm aware of are built just like you'd build a basement with water barriers and cinder blocks. We get a lot of rain here though.

If it was me, I'd dig a test hole where your planning to build your grow room and see if the water level will permit you to build where you want.

:Namaste:

Did they make you buy floors insurance for the house? (If so not a good sign.)
Assuming not, take a look at flood maps for your area.

Also you can look at a soil map for your area and lot. It will have wierd codes like 97b and a4 that give a break down on water holding capacity, clay vs sand, etc.
If you have a septic system, there should be percoation test data in your ownership papers.

You can find out a lot without doing a soil test. The cheapest soil test from the county is usually around $8-$15

thanks guys. im on top of my entire county on a big mesa. I bet im fine and I wont have flood issues, but it is always best to be safe and know whats up, im crossing into uncharted territory. no floors insurance was required, and rado, where would I go for a soil map of my area?

I guess I need to clarify too, im not worried about a flood per se, just worried if it rains very heavily for an extended period of time, is that gonna flood my grow room. If it ever flooded where I live the entire world would be under water. there was major flooding in CO a while back and the area I live was completely unaffected, other than maybe some high water in the rivers.

I guess I need to clarify too, im not worried about a flood per se, just worried if it rains very heavily for an extended period of time, is that gonna flood my grow room. If it ever flooded where I live the entire world would be under water. there was major flooding in CO a while back and the area I live was completely unaffected, other than maybe some high water in the rivers.

A sound concern, in my opinion. In the past few years we've seen incredible rainfall in unexpected areas of the country. Better to plan ahead than to get slapped without being prepared.

thanks guys. im on top of my entire county on a big mesa. I bet im fine and I wont have flood issues, but it is always best to be safe and know whats up, im crossing into uncharted territory. no floors insurance was required, and rado, where would I go for a soil map of my area?

They moved the usgs viewer platform in 2014. The new location (which I haven't used yet) is:
Nationalmap.gov

"floors insurance" :)

Ps. The maps should be free and detailed online. My house has soil description resolution to within a few feet.
It seems to be accurate.

Ha!

The last time I did that, I found a passed out Santa on my floor. Wait, maybe that was my holiday work party. Who knew Santa was such a light weight lol.

Merry Christmas CO!:volcano-smiley:

Merry Xmas to all

Merry Christmas CO. May Santa be especially good to you and the wife.

:xmas: :roorrip: :xmas:

Thanks for doing what you do CO! If helping others grow awesome quality organic buds isn't in the spirit of the season Idk what is :love:

^^^^What she said. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom