COorganics - No-Till Organic - 2nd No Till Run - Indoors - GSC Forum Cut

Growlow, your link doesn't take us to your journal.

Thanks Sue. The room smells sweet. I'm lucky to get to grow these kind of genetics. I'll post pics of my hugelkultur veggie beds somewhere and be sure to send you a link.

My friend said the other day, " 10 gal, that's huge! " I'd like to try a way larger mass of soil. 20+ gallons would be more than enough for you. Can't wait to see the what you end up with over there. I think having lots of space for the roots to stretch out as the plants enter flower is key to getting a healthy yield. They don't just stretch above ground.

Worth thinking about when choosing container size.

The two THC Bombs that Stainless grew - one was in a deeper pot and was almost 25% bigger than the other. Depth and volume. I can't wait to see what the 45 gallon 36 is using turns out.

I really like the idea of a community pot.

Took you long enough. :laughtwo:

You'll enjoy watching CO. Fabulous plants with almost no effort. We're all stunned at what this soil is capable of. :love:

Seriously, I need to get to bed. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Sweet, welcome.
I'm Curious, how long have your no till pots been running? I guess I'll have to go check out your journal.

These will be ones I'm starting from scratch so that there is a stage by stage reference for those interested in doing the same. I used to live in a town bordering the oldest rainforest in the world. It was somewhat guerilla in its approach :ganjamon: Though the application was the same. Super rich soil! My medium is affordable. 1/3 organic peat moss 1/3 quality organic compost 1/3 Lava rock or any other type of mineral rich rock that replaces the perlite in the mix as that will eventually break down into a concrete like substance. I then toss in a bunch of amendments, bacteria and beneficial insects. These pots will run until I move countries which wont be for at least 5 years.

Looking lovely CO! The top one (GSC?) looks trichy. :)

So now that you renamed the journal, I'm not sure I recall you mentioning what you did with your no-till pots while they were in limbo. Did you grow something in them as I have heard you say or did they just chill until needed? Sorry if you covered it but I remember some decent down time with your move.

I also wanted to give you an update with mine. So far everything is looking great! The soil mix itself is just a little hot but I also need to keep in mind that I have been re-amending my soil for over a year now, so there could be a few variations there. I followed the base mix mostly but retained my compost as the major share holder and shorted some of the castings even, I believe I used about 6 cups per cubic foot (#7). I varied the minerals based on what I thought the plant looked like at time of harvest. I also did not top with any neem and what I did top with was actually quite minimal, like a little more then an 1/8th cup of crab shell and kelp each and maybe 3-4 cups of castings and 3-4 cups of the cocoa bean mulch, I have yet to re-top. Just putting all the info out there in case I have questions later. :)

Anyhow first set is CBD Critical Cure partial and zoomed, followed by Tangilope which is starting to smell phenomenal already. Same ones as before.

IMG_49546.jpg

IMG_49487.jpg

IMG_49558.jpg

IMG_49605.jpg

I remember you saying you liked to zoom in on pics so the close-ups are clickable and you can zoom all around! :)

Beautiful plants and photos Smokey. You be as weird as you want.

Looking lovely CO! The top one (GSC?) looks trichy. :)

So now that you renamed the journal, I'm not sure I recall you mentioning what you did with your no-till pots while they were in limbo. Did you grow something in them as I have heard you say or did they just chill until needed? Sorry if you covered it but I remember some decent down time with your move.

I also wanted to give you an update with mine. So far everything is looking great! The soil mix itself is just a little hot but I also need to keep in mind that I have been re-amending my soil for over a year now, so there could be a few variations there. I followed the base mix mostly but retained my compost as the major share holder and shorted some of the castings even, I believe I used about 6 cups per cubic foot (#7). I varied the minerals based on what I thought the plant looked like at time of harvest. I also did not top with any neem and what I did top with was actually quite minimal, like a little more then an 1/8th cup of crab shell and kelp each and maybe 3-4 cups of castings and 3-4 cups of the cocoa bean mulch, I have yet to re-top. Just putting all the info out there in case I have questions later. :)

Anyhow first set is CBD Critical Cure partial and zoomed, followed by Tangilope which is starting to smell phenomenal already. Same ones as before.

IMG_49546.jpg

IMG_49487.jpg

IMG_49558.jpg

IMG_49605.jpg

I remember you saying you liked to zoom in on pics so the close-ups are clickable and you can zoom all around! :)

That Tangilope is on my list :)

Hi Brother CO!

Hope you're doing well my friend. Your plants look amazing. I'm kind of glad you killed the indoor hugelkultur idea. I was having premonitions of you having to get back surgery. Not to mention what it would do for resale of your house :).

For defoliation, I do selective throughout the grow. I tried doing mass defol but it really did seem to make more leaves than I started with. I find much better value in chopping off the lowers and spreading out the uppers.

I'm really looking forward to your hugelkultur outdoor adventure. Sorry I've not been around much, my job has been overwhelming lately. Awesome to see your killing it my friend!:Namaste:

Hey smokey, yeah you got me. I highly recommend keeping the pot "alive" between runs by growing SOMETHING in it and keeping it watered. BUT due mainly to me moving, I neglected these pots. Knowing I did that I relied on an ACT to reintroduce life to the pots in a hurry. Honestly what I did, neglecting them, is just what happens each and every winter season in the wild. Alls well.

Guys all I was ever intending on doing was filling a smartpot (huge) with a lot of wood, then soil. Not like our outdoor hugelkultur beds. I may still someday.

Looking forward to the outdoor sites CO, I've been doing some reading and it certainly seems like a great option for mmj.

I forgot to tell you, I sampled the tiny WiFi I'm growing with a 6 week tester, and Holy Moly, unbelievable. I'm going to grow the remaining seeds very soon. It truly is a magnificent example of mmj.

Back
Top Bottom