COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

Hey CO, you make your own Aloe Vera juice right? Would you mind sharing how you do that? I just got an aloe plant today - and actually one of the leaves is damaged and might fall off - I'd like to make use of it while its fresh if I can :)

Don't hold your breath waiting for an aloe leaf to fall. You could raise budgies and have them lay eggs before it happens.

X3 on aloe recipe curiosity.

just for fun (I love all my free time this time of year),
Lets look at an Advanced Nutrients organic bottled product. its likely people who follow this journal are not using any advanced nutrients products, but nonetheless this is informative.

image14894.jpg

sexy cartoon, right? and it says organic, so what the hell does it do?
"Product Information

Wet Betty Organic is the worlds superior non-ionic surfactant. Our research scientists tested organic surfactants to find the ones that would best transport nutrients into your plants. Wet Bettys proprietary 100% organic surfactants deliver nutrients, hormones and bio-catalytic agents directly to leaves and roots for immediate use by plants. Multiple, organic transfectants were blended to create this unique growth-enhancing formula. Wet Betty Organic contains naturally-occurring steroidal and triterpenoid saponins derived from Yucca and Quillaja, which are deserts plant known to contain many compounds that benefit plants and humans. These saponins help plants resist stress, manufacture phytohormones, and deliver larger harvests. Yucca and Quillaja extracts deter the development of root knot nematodes and other harmful fungi. Wet Betty Organic includes aromatic terpenoids that contribute to nicer taste and aroma. Some people believe surfactant products are only useful for foliar feeding, but they are also useful in the root zone, where they lower the surface tension of root media such as soil and sphagnum moss so root media and roots can better absorb water and nutrients. If youre an organic grower trying to get the biggest bang for every buck you spend on agricultural supplies, Wet Betty Organic is the slickest way to get more into (and out of) your plants.
Ingredients:
•Saponin
•Yucca Extract"

(I added the bold myself to draw attn: to that last sentence)
copied from greners.com

OK, so its a wetting agent that uses yucca and quillaja in some kind of liquid solution for their saponin content.

from MSDS:
"SECTION 2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION OF INGREDIENTS Ingredients: The chemical identity of the compounds and the exact proportions used in the mixture are a proprietary trade secret and are believed to be non-toxic."

price of wet betty 27$/quart +shipping.

I know another source of saponins. Uhhh... Aloe. fresh, powdered, however you take it, aloe is amazing. LOL, its like natures Wet Betty, only better.

aloe is useful for its saponin content as a "wetting agent" but its uses go far beyond that. aloe is loaded with enzymes, amino acids and secondary metabolites. this quote from buildasoil re: aloe is good "Remember! Aloe has Salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is involved in local and systemic plant defense responses against pathogens. It plays a role during stresses such as drought, chilling, heavy metal toxicity, heat, and osmotic stress. SA can volatilize and warn neighboring plants of attack." furthermore, aloe has a wide range of nutrients, and it also contains growth hormones and natural rooting compounds. Here's a coot quote re: aloe " Aloe Vera: contains Salicylic acid is a plant compound which has been used as a rooting agent for over 120 years in the nursery industry. This is the compound that's found in Willow trees which you might have run across in posts on rooting a cutting. This plant material is also very high in Saponins (30,000 ppm) and this adds another level of benefits."

badass stuff.

buy an aloe plant today, have a healthier garden tomorrow. sorry wet betty. :)

Time to bump the wet Betty post, lol. My favorite post I made on this thread.

I use fresh aloe in 2 ways:
For cloning: I soak fresh cuts for a while in aloe goo and water before putting them in the aerocloner, or simply into soil.

As a wetting agent (like wet Betty), I take about an inch or so slice of fresh aloe (the goo inside) and mix it with the water/tea/whatever and use it as I normally would.

Aloe is great to add to your water when rehydrating dry soil or peat or amything.

I don't worry about overdoing it, you don't have to be scientific.

I never save it, I read you shouldn't, can't remember why, don't feel like researching that at the moment, maybe someone else does?

That's how I use my aloe plant in the garden.

AH. I kind of assumed it wouldn't be a recipe LOL, but I definitely expected it would be more than "slice the goo out" - I suppose making aloe juice for people and plants are two very different things. (By the way people... I was reading that aloe juice can be poisonous to people and animals if not made right - don't just assume you can ingest your aloe juice because you can give your plants that sliced goo with good results haha. Just thought that was important.)

Oh ok :) here you go - sounds pretty knowledgeable to me, though I was just skimming it looking for how to make good aloe juice haha.

Health Risks & Benefits of Taking Aloe Vera Juice Internally | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

looking back through it I suppose they were just saying not to eat that aloe vera gel they sell for sunburns hahaha - I thought that went without saying ;)

but here's a different one that talks about the aloe latex (it comes from just under the plant's skin - not the gel in the middle of the aloe leaves) potentially being harmful... or very harmful :O - cancer??? no bueno.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supp...iveingredientid=607&activeingredientname=aloe

Thanks. I'll read those later. I was under the impression that aloe was good for the body, inside and out.

I'll have to check out those links later tonight.

Hi CO,

I've been in contact with Tim about the splash factor of the 5 gallon AACT brewer with an air-lift. He said it's a known issue and that (edit) people have solved the problem by making a lid.

I'm not happy with that answer. If it's a known issue, please include the lid with the kit. I gave it to my buddy for a Christmas present but he gave it back to me because of the splash factor. I'm going try and construct a lid this weekend -- Because the brewer is AWESOME (other than the splash factor).

I'll see what i can come up with and report back this weekend.

Happy Friday CO! :high-five:

Hey CO and all, a few weeks ago before the holidaze I was reading and reading more about LOS/OLS and I dont know where I found it (maybe here in this journal??), but I found some info on probiotic farming and Grow-Kashi. So I thought hey looks about how they do mushrooms and so forth so I bought a few bags of the Kashi meal and threw it in with some soil I've re-cycled and had been growing for my next run. I had it in a plastic bin with the cover on tight and thought I'd go check on it. So toay I opened the lid and there's mycelium growing all over the top of the soil!! See the white hairs on top of the soil, here's a pic: Natures super heroes right there!!

WP_20150109_001.jpg

Well, the journal is getting boring, as I don't really have anything to update these days, and this thing is packed with lots of good organic growing info, and only a little chit chat. I think the journal is completed as of today. Heck, it's called winter attic grow and I don't even have an attic anymore.

I've enjoyed conversing with all of you that have followed my progress. We should meet in Denver on April 20, and smoke my GSC that I anticipate will be fully cured up by then. Keep it green and bottle-free and in big containers, my friends!

This thread hasn't gotten boring at all Organics. There's always great info popping up here...

I truly enjoyed hanging out and watching CO. I learned a bunch. You're right this journal has a boat load of great information. Please make sure to send me an invite to your next adventure. It's been a real pleasure my friend! :peace::Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Don't forget to hit me with an invite. You can post it on the air in NCG 2.0

We need threads like that, CO! Get a new attic or whatever in the meantime as you toke on your fresh bud :tokin:

Well done. Looking forward to your first journal in your new home.

Hey CO,

Hope all is doing well. Quick question for ya, Back in this post Building soil from scratch and on the cheap! You show the bins you cook your soil in. You also mention watering the soil. I was wondering if the bins have drainage holes or if you water before you put it back in the bins?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom