COorganics TLO BG SCRoG - HPS+MH

@ProperGreen

Great, I just wanted to be sure. I know sometimes when people read text things come off wrong because the tonality of the text is based upon the reader. Anyways, enough with all that lol.

So what I'm saying is that the microbes still need something to offer your plants. Even in a good organic soil, after 2-3 weeks the nutrients are often depleted. Like VermiFire or FFOF (not the best just an example) you can use only water for a few weeks with good results.

But after a while the plant will suffer, why is that? If you have good organic soil, with microbes etc

Well it's because they still need a source of nutrient, whether it comes from your fertilizer or compost teas, kelp, molasses etc.

If you stop supplementing with anything eventually whats left in the soil will be greatly depleted and the plant will no longer receive nutrients via the grow media/microbiology. Now it receives nutrient from within it's leaves and reserves. Once those run out you see the typically harvest look, ugly leaves etc.

I actually had a talk with Will from Vermicrop about this subject today, always fun learning more and talking about the nature world that surrounds us all ;)

As far as the discussion thread IDK we are all hard headed and won't change our stances on certain things unless there's legit info backing it, it'd probably turn into an argument thread LMAO. Unfortunately in subjects like marijuana flushing there are no studies to prove this or prove that. Just a clash of fact based opinions really lol

And yeah green I've done a 270 since you've left town lol. Maybe even a couple spins. Changing my opinion on the daily but this book is a gold mine. That's all I can say.

I agree SirFairyDust, I do my best to speak from my experiences or the experience of growers I've been involved with.

Of course this all applies to container growing, at least what I'm speaking of. For those who purchase their soil in a bag, then garden. We often reused our soil however still flushed towards the end.

All in all, as long as everyone is happy with their results, how it got done doesn't matter ;)

Also, I don't agree with pHing anything, but topdressing the soil only makes since, be it "charred egg shells", kelp meal, alfalfa meal, crab shell meal, or soft rock phosphate, or bat guano even. This to me goes back to no being able to "feed" the soil exactly what it wants, just like you can't possibly think that you're "feeding" a plant exactly what you want.

I want to grow a healthy child, not an obese one. Are more "cookies, pies, and cakes" the answer? *belch fart*

Leaving this thread a little worse for wear & headed back to learning. Sry, CO..

I want to grow a healthy child, not an obese one. Are more "cookies, pies, and cakes" the answer? *belch fart*

Right on.
I think the one thing that I've learned for certain is to not try and share knowledge when I'm not 100% sure about it.
I'm leaving this conversation wishing I would have stopped a long time ago.

My apologies for all the clutter COorganics.

:peace: & Blessings.

Now headed back to my cave :straightface:

Wow, first of all thanks to all for contributing so much info and great discussion on my thread! I'm honored and a little taken aback by the amount of great content here after me being gone only a couple days! To be honest I'm super busy tonight tending to my neglected garden.

I skimmed through what I missed here and realized I don't have time tonight to fully read and respond to everything I missed.

I appreciate everyone's contribution and I encourage all the organics discussion I can get on my thread.

Whew just caught up!!! What a read lol. Good info here everyone. Welcome back CO. How was fishing?? Catch anything huge?!?! Lol

image8562.jpg
image8561.jpg
image8560.jpg

Pluto, since I can't resist here's some photos. If ur in CO and u want some guided tailwater big trout ganja outfitting, PM me, lol

Sorry off topic, ill do a canna update soon and bring it back

Veg room update:
I have recently neglected the plants a bit. Especially the root bound plants in solo cups. Temps are also pretty shitty all around. I'm only monitoring and trying to fix flower room really atm.
I'm always dealing with cold, dry attic or hot, dry attic, seasonally. It is pretty hard to get it right in a shorter term rental.

2 bubba reg's got transplant tonight. Very healthy looking root system on both.
image8564.jpg
image8563.jpg
image8566.jpg
image8565.jpg

It looks like I know which one I think and want to be a female. That lanky sucker will prob get culled if female anyway.

My single fem critical kush.
image8567.jpg

Flower room is also not where I'd like it environmentally, again. Humidity is fine but low temps at 50-52 are not in my target range. When I turned up my heater thermostat it made lights on temps to high. Err!!!
I had it dialed and then when I flipped everything changed, again. I am a little ticked at it, as I'm not trying to F*ck around this run.
I just gotta get a few more timers. And figure out when to run what... Then the season will change on me again.

Flower room pics:

Buds are forming!
1st one SLH, 2nd one BG
image8569.jpg
image8570.jpg

19 days in on both.

The whole flower room shot.
image8571.jpg

Starting to smell a little in here.

image8572.jpg

SLH

BG in make shift tomato cage experiment.
image8574.jpg

Looking great here. I could do 6 of these and be a happy camper I'm guessing.

BG latest addition to flower room (3/4/14)
And throwing some serious pistols.
image8575.jpg

There's a solid update to my journal!
Now on to the next crazy organics discussion: moonsigns and almanacs... Lol... Seriously though in a few days or so I wanna get it going about this stuff. I'm gonna post some stuff on JJ's organics thread.

That'll do it.

The tea is a-brewing grab yer cups!
Lol

As my grow gets bigger, and I now have a bunch of potted veggies as well, It requires more tea. Brewing in a 5 gal now instead of a 1 gal.
Warmest place in my house is our bathroom, so now I have tea brewing in there. Luckily my wife is a good sport!

Brewing an all purpose tea, just got it started.
Using pure water of course.

Day 1 ingredients: 1 tsp Mexican bat guano, 1 tsp Kelp Meal, 1 tsp Organicare Pure, 1 tsp organic unsulphured molasses
image6786.jpg

Bubbling this stuff for a whole day isn't necessary, but it will work well for me as I won't need a water for a few days anyway. It's just to get the first round of ingredients dissolved a bit in the water, the next round of ingredients has the microbeasties, which will feed and reproduce exponentially in the tea. It's cool!
Day 2 ingredients: 1tbsp FF BB, 1 tsp Fish Ferts, 1/4 cup fresh worm castings, 10 drops CaMg+
Bubble for at least 24-48 hrs. If bubbled to long the micro dudes run out of food and start to die off.

EDIT: The best part is if you have extra tea left over it doesn't store, but don't fear I just dump it right in my worm farm and make my vermicompost all the more rich and living!

Repost recipe again

Use just like any watering, and when they need a watering, simple enough ;)
I don't really have any schedule but I shoot for water, tea, water, tea, etc, etc. seems to work.
On my big 10 gal seems like it needs watering so rarely, could probably do tea every watering.

Water= RO water with CaMg+

Back
Top Bottom