COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

Your worms look somewhat fat.

Hell yeah, fat and happy and a lot of them. Lots of mites, centipedes, cocoons, fungus gnats, and lots more not visible to the naked eye. A real jungle going on in there. I'm tired of the gnats though, same old story with those guys.

yeah I may just copy you and stagger some smartpot worm bins since it seems like I'm failing pretty hard at getting a flowthru together. And right... I couldn't keep track of all the species of bugs in my garage if I wanted to >.< kinda cool, since there are beneficial ones... but also kinda gnatty. -.-

Hi CO,
I was going to buy 1 of those 360 units but bad reviews had mad me hold off.

I was in the hospital for a couple days with pneumonia. When I got home yesterday, I had a package from the UK with my Dream Beaver in it. Reading the available journals on the www. I'm excited for us.

The MSH produced 8.67 oz. Of totally kick ass weed and 2 oz dry trim. The smoke is awesome and ill be doing an initial smoke report tonight.

I'm going to grow some more RD genetics soon.

Happy Tuesday!

Thanks, dr
Hope your better now, pneumonia is serious shit! Nice pull on the MSH, impressive. Re: rare dankness gear, I soaked my 2 reg Lee Roy beans but when I went to plant them I dropped and lost one. I was bummed, I never found it. The one still went into the pot. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a female, AND a nice pheno. The second pot got a fem seed freebie, grizzly purple kush today. And the GSC forum cut got a couple clones taken from it today, and they are perky when i came back home.

Re:Dream beaver, bohdi: are you gonna pop the whole 11 pack and grow everything out? I can't freakin wait to run some bohdi gear myself.

For the unaware, bohdi is said to be a great, highly respectable organic cannabis breeder. Certainly worth looking into. Looks like either Dr or I will be journaling some kind of dream beaver grow. I also have 5 synergy reg seeds for someday, I'm very excited about those as well.

Re: the worm farm 360,
I think they are a great way to get started in raising worms and making your own vermicompost. The only problem is that it's very quickly and easily outgrown, and 109$

If it gets folks farming worms and learning about that, it is a good thing.

You certainly can build something for cheaper, or have a container worm farm, for cheaper.

My 2cents on the 360.

I think in going to run 5 seeds of dream beaver next grow. I'm going to start them a month after I flip the Kali mists. Get a good veg on them before going into the tent.

I totally underestimated how sick I still am. 1 day back to work and I'm back in bed. I've never had pneumonia before so I had no idea is still be wiped out.

The more I read Dream Beaver journals the more excited I am.

I have that same grizzly purple kush freebie. I'll be watching closely.

Big time bummer on the Lee Roy seed. Hopefully the 1 left will be a female.

I'll say this MSH impresses everyone who tries it. This one was full on amnesia smell flavor and high. It was so unique I couldn't explain it very well. My buddy took one wiff and immediately said this smells just like amnesia. So that's that lol.

Regarding the breeders that do organics I bought Krystalica from Mandala for my next run and I will start a journal. I bought my seeds from one of the 420mag sponsors too!

For the unaware, bohdi is said to be a great, highly respectable organic cannabis breeder. Certainly worth looking into. Looks like either Dr or I will be journaling some kind of dream beaver grow. I also have 5 synergy reg seeds for someday, I'm very excited about those as well.

Lol, great news I found my lost lee Roy seed, it fell into the pot and sprouted! Score! 2/2 lee Roy seeds popped and 1/1 grizz purp kush. 6 cuts of the GSC forum cut in the aerocloner. Things are looking sweet over here!

No till, 2nd round, is getting underway.
And my containers that I will be using got a liberal 2.5-3" layer of fresh screened worm shit on top, another few tablespoons of the neem/crab/kelp. The mulch was still together enough I didn't add any more for now.

Soon I'll schedule in an ACT, some enzyme teas and some botanical teas, as drenches and I'll play around with some thought out foliar feeding. This time I will work more on getting my IPM ducks in a row as well.

Happy growing! Boom!

Great news on the seed sprouting on its own!!! I'm just as excited as you on your second run in this soil. I'm totally blown away with how well mine is going with just water on its first run. I'm getting ready to order some kelp, aloe vera powder and malted barley grain. If finances require me to only get one of those it will be the kelp. Like you, I need to get the IPM running smoothly and the kelp/neem/crustacean meal top dress is instrumental for that. Foliar feeding would be almost impossible to pull off in my tiny space.

I'm getting ready to put together the Geo Pot worm bin later today. The leaves, rice hulls and minerals have been cooking together for two weeks now. I don't know if I want to add anything else to it except maybe some shredded newspaper. I wanted to let the worms process just the leaves and see how long that would take, but I sense they will need more than that. Any thoughts?

In addition to compost type inputs to the worm bin I like to add lettuce scraps from time to time, which keeps the moisture up. And my worms absolutely love eating egg cartons, which I hand shred and put on top.

In nature, old piles of leaves are full of worms working them over, you should be fine with just that, IMO.

Hey CO - thats a good tip on the egg cartons - I'll stop recycling them and tear them up and put them in with compost. IPM - pest management?? Neen cake I assume?? I've got some coming this week for my soil I've got growing for my next run - Hey I got 10 outta 10 beans popped from Mandala!! Prolly going to loose a few.

I saw the 10/10 BB, that's a nice ratio!
Integrated pest management. Neem is a part of that for most organic growers.

Edit: listen to the Adam Dunn radio show for and request the free report for info on organic IPM.

In addition to compost type inputs to the worm bin I like to add lettuce scraps from time to time, which keeps the moisture up. And my worms absolutely love eating egg cartons, which I hand shred and put on top.

In nature, old piles of leaves are full of worms working them over, you should be fine with just that, IMO.

See, that's what I was thinking. In nature it's worms and leaves. I'll periodically drop in moist and leafy greens. Mine also like the egg cartons. I was planning on using flattened ones to make the top cover. Been saving a few of them to use with this bin. I'm looking forward to checking out my original bin. I'll be redoing it as well to just make it better. I've learned quite a lot about the process since starting.

For a cover, I traced the outline of my pot on a big piece of cardboard, and cut out the proper sized round with an exacto knife. Every time I take it off there is a bunch of fungus gnats on it and I quickly and gently run outside with it and bang it on the wall, sending my fungus gnat buddies tumbling into the snow.

I'm going to order gnatrol (bt). I'm going to attempt to actually get rid of these things.

Awesome news on the Lee Roy CO! twice the chance at a keeper. 6 GSC plants in organic soil sounds awesome too.

GSC goes for $20 a gram in the public dispensaries here in WA.

Good luck with the Nats. I'm watching your adventure very closely.

Great update!

Lol, great news I found my lost lee Roy seed, it fell into the pot and sprouted! Score! 2/2 lee Roy seeds popped and 1/1 grizz purp kush. 6 cuts of the GSC forum cut in the aerocloner. Things are looking sweet over here!

That's what I'm talking about Organics, what a way to start the New Year...

Gnats... ahem .. sorry for the NOOB question but how do I know what gnats I have. I did see some but not that many and they were not on the plants so I didn't worry about them this run, didn't do anything and they went away to ... somewhere?? Ah well not to worry my mother in law is going to be visiting next week so I gotta tear down my grow tent - she's sleeping in that spare bedroom. If there's any gnats left she will get the rest of em!! Not sure where she's going to get them but just the same they will be dealt with. The ones I saw were small and fast didn't fly very well but were darting around the soil. I'm sure they are gnats cause we get them in the compost I grow outside and make their way indoors in the summer time. Some gnats are beneficial eh?

Back
Top Bottom