COorganics TLO BG SCRoG - HPS+MH

Anybody using farmer's almanacs? Apparently a friend has been testing the gardening Info in one of them in particular and he says its spot on. Info on when to transplant, prune, water, germ seeds, etc etc.
Moon phases and a shit load of observations over lots of time.

I bought an almanac and mine sucks. Ill post the good one on here soon.

Real curious as to what other ganja farmer dudes think??

I use llewellyns moonsign book
pretty accurate I notice on germ when it says to plant the taproot moves a lot faster than when its not time to plant
but yea I go by something like a farmers almanac suppose to be more accurate actually the moonsign book is

Nice thanks for the post chronic,
I will check that moonsign book out for sure.
My friend has been testing out that stuff for Over a year. He is a organic ganja guy and also grows veggies and works in a nursery. (Basically when he tests something for a year, that's thousands of transplants, germinations, etc) He keeps telling me it's spot on. Also interesting as hell, was when he told me he could control stretch by reading an almanac and flipping on the right day. Kinda mind boogling if u ask me.

Reviews for the llewellyns book are stellar. Ordering that 1 soon.

Everything's moving along fairly well here. Seeing pistols all over the flower room tonight. The plants all look healthy and I moved another bubblegum into flower tonight as well. I'm so pumped on the idea of a perpetual grow.

I am having an issue with my heater. I use a pelonis oil filled radiator heater. It has 2 LEDs. I covered both with copious amounts of gorilla tape. Light still leaks thru, a lot. The heater isn't in the flower room right now and it should be. Dipping down to 50 at night. (Which is actually daytime). I can't really cover the whole front of it for fire hazard concerns. A buddy has the same heater and took his apart and cut and taped off the wires that power the LEDs. That sounds like the only way to do it, but I'm curious as to what others think.

Ill be doing a photo update shortly.

Just a couple pics, I gotta start some tea brewing and hit the sack... Or I may smoke some sativa and have a couple beers, and ponder another seed order now that I think of it, lol. I sure don't NEED seeds but I'm tempted.

Anyway, the veg room.
image8323.jpg

The bubba here looks so darn green and pretty!
image8324.jpg

And in the flower room I'm just starting to see pistols on the big SLH, and the 2 BG's. threw another BG in there tonight as well.
This is gonna be my finest crop yet if I don't screw it up. Lots of light and a dialed soil mix.
image8326.jpg

I gotta take that damn heater apart and disable those LEDs soon though. I think low temps of 50 can't be ideal for the soil or the plants.

And lastly here's a fan leaf from the SLH that looks good enough to smoke, lol wait a minute, maybe good enough to juice..
image8325.jpg

I'm leaving the SLH to grow fairly uninhibited atm. Will do one more big defol around day 21. Tucking and weaving and pulling branches out and spreading them out under the screen right now. Seeing lots of new growth exploding.

Have You Tried Black Electrical Tape? And Everything's Looking Superb Brother,

Everything's moving along fairly well here. Seeing pistols all over the flower room tonight. The plants all look healthy and I moved another bubblegum into flower tonight as well. I'm so pumped on the idea of a perpetual grow.

I am having an issue with my heater. I use a pelonis oil filled radiator heater. It has 2 LEDs. I covered both with copious amounts of gorilla tape. Light still leaks thru, a lot. The heater isn't in the flower room right now and it should be. Dipping down to 50 at night. (Which is actually daytime). I can't really cover the whole front of it for fire hazard concerns. A buddy has the same heater and took his apart and cut and taped off the wires that power the LEDs. That sounds like the only way to do it, but I'm curious as to what others think.

Ill be doing a photo update shortly.

I've had to cover a couple of LED lights too my brother, and I've done so with black electric tape!
I've had to cover a couple of air filters up, as well as my humidifier.
Not sure what gorilla tape is, but I got the electric tape from the dollar store haha!
Maybe it'll work for you, but if not, it's just a buck!

And damn everything's looking good sir! Keep up the great work!

:peace: & Blessings

Ps, I've decided to order some White Lemon from Strain Hunters Seedbank as a part of the promo this weekend, and look for an SLH dominant pheno! 5 seeds for $26 plus 2 freebies lol. That's the kinda seed shopping I do hahah! Not sure yet about everything else tho, but I am taking suggestions!

Also discovered that the Bulldog Haze from The Bulldog Seeds is the exact same genetics as SLH from GreenHouse Seeds...kinda weird if u ask me! But oh well, it is what it is!

I should count the number of LEDs already covered in tape... Like at least 5 lol. Works great for power strips humidifier, etc. but the darn heater LEDs leak light through the sides of the heater and through the cracks in the front too, this is with both LEDs already covered in lots of tape.

Maybe when I disable the LEDs ill show that here, save someone's crop from hermie someday.

Alrighty late nighters,
I fixed my heater. Took it apart, cut wires powering LEDs, taped them off and then taped them separated inside front of heater.
I thought I'd take a couple pics. Maybe someone will want to ditch a energy hog space heater like I did. Anyone can PM me for specific details of what I did.
image8347.jpg
image8346.jpg

image8375.jpg
image8376.jpg
image8377.jpg
image8378.jpg

In the end tonight I decided to get the job done this way and not try the aluminum tape. Mainly due to the DO NOT COVER vent in the front that leaked tons of light. I think the unit requires a little airflow capability to function properly and last for the long haul. Aluminum tape seemed like a good idea though and probably would be just fine

I would like to here some folks opinions re: teas into flowering.
1) when do you stop feeding your plants teas in flower?
2) are you changing you're recipe late into flower? For example cutting out molasses or something?

Reason I'm asking is I quit doing teas early into flower my last run and the plants were GREEN right until I chopped them. One went 12 wks and was green still. I think to get that really really tasty product I need to run out of food in my container towards the end. Does this sound right? My thought is to provide more teas, into flower to promote more microbial activity which will actually process all the organic matter and minerals in the pot. Allowing the plant to run out of nutes just before harvest. This will be a guessing game for me a bit and will totally be strain dependent. With good notes and a few runs of the same strains I should be able to dial it in.

Am I missing anything? Plz chime in.

I think you are right on CO.

Before I went to cut my girls down, I asked the guy who turned me onto the super soil how long of a flush he was doing. He said he doesn't flush. He said if you do it right, the plants will use up everything in the soil and flushing is unnecessary.

I realize that doesn't answer your question, I have never used a tea before. I will be using a tea on my two hydro plants.... maybe I should with the super soil? I don't know. Anyway, I know this doesn't answer your question, I just felt it's evidence for your thought process? It at least illustrates your point.

Sorry CO, long day and now I'm super high :)

Plants look great! Hope everything else is just a great.

Thanks sweetleaf!

Yes flushing should not need to happen with organics, but my tastiest plants of the six were the 2 I flushed. I believe that's because I didn't really do it right. Subcool's soil doesn't NEED any teas at all according to him. It seems adding a microbial innoculant (that's what a tea really is) can't hurt, if u were already brewing some. heck i bet a lot of guys using supersoil also use teas. Teas with Hydro sounds interesting, ill have to swing by you're journal again soon and see that. Like an organic liquid solution in the res?

Thank you for the post and good to have ya around my friend.

Edit: super high sounds good. I'm about to blaze some river rock Lemon Pie and get there myself.

Edit: edit: where the hell is my bowl?

Back
Top Bottom