COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

My poor wife is working today, but me and a long time friend and the dogs are trying to make some whip JH bubble hash. It's looking good! I just ran it through the bags and immediately froze it. I'm gonna microplane it onto a screen and dry it quickly and smoke it later tonite.

We are having a sweet Christmas dinner with elk on the menu tonite! Cheers!

My poor wife is working today, but me and a long time friend and the dogs are trying to make some whip JH bubble hash. It's looking good! I just ran it through the bags and immediately froze it. I'm gonna microplane it onto a screen and dry it quickly and smoke it later tonite.

We are having a sweet Christmas dinner with elk on the menu tonite! Cheers!

Merry Christmas CO - you lucky guy Elk is some of my favorite, good venison very good. Most folks would turn away when they see that REAL dark red color of the meet, not me man throw that in the pan yummy. Cook some stew and throw in some sugar leaves!!

Cheers

CO, I found an interesting set of videos on YouTube yesterday by "RobBob's Backyard Farming" that made me think of you. He has a couple on wicking pots and beds (it was the beds that made me think of you) that I haven't watched yet, but certainly will when we get home from Cardiac Rehab this evening.

Edit: I watched this one - https://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAFyB35yVeA and it's loaded with ideas that put my mind into high gear. This one shows the modifications he made in the second go-round. I think you'll like this guy CO. I'll probably get lost in his videos for a couple days now while I wait on projects I have cooking.

Have a great day.

I haven't checked out the video yet but I will.

Great news here, I have my seed order, in good condition and in my possession. After some thought I will be growing GSC forum cut + RD Lee Roy next. I'm going to directly sow the 2 reg seeds directly into my 10 Gallon no till containers from last run. The remaining plant(s) will be GSC clones for this upcoming grow. Not sure how many we'll do next likely only 3-4 plants flowering under 1X 600 HPS until I build a more permanent spot to flower in. For now it's a smaller closet set up with a 4ft 4bulb T5, vegging away. Will set something up for flowering in a while.

Nice to be growing again after a short break!!! And nice to have some serious genetics, and an "elite" cut to grow. Round 2 in the undisturbed pots should be fun.

Hope you had a great holiday, and news years brings lots of good things for you!

You got me hooked on the Organics. Been reading a lot lately about it. Even picked up TLO Organics by The Rev (book). Although some of the stuff he goes on about seems straight up wrong.

Can't wait to see more from you, and can't wait for spring to come so I can get my Organic grow going.

Nice, dgg,
Read the rev with a grain of salt, it's kinda like organics with bottles... Eh.

I've been reading that book too - I just substitute LOS for any bottled anything or even some of the bagged "nutrients". He does have some good tips building your own soil for one but just use what's local and organic which we have plenty of here.

I'm going to use my soil over again from last grow and today I was outside with the pot pulled the root ball, of course all the container was roots so I broke off the stalk at the soil and kinda broke up the root ball into a larger container. CO hows the best way just start another plant there and not worry about it and let the old roots decay and feed the next plant?? That would be the no till thing eh??

I have another plant yet to harvest so I have another go around with it. I guess I should just bump up to a 10gal container and add soil around the original root ball from the smaller container. The cool thing tho my last plant was pretty big in a 4 gal container and NOT root bound so thats a good thing there I thought that container would have been root bound by now.

Cheers

Yeah, I had a copy of Rev's book loaned to me too. lol Took pages of notes and set it all aside. Too much of what I read set alarms off in my head, and after I ran into CO and he introduced me to the idea of LOS I knew why.

Bobrown, my plan is to cut the stalk right above the soil line and plant off to the side somewhere. The roots in the soil have all those myco attached to them and they also function as established pathways for all sorts of transportation within the micro community. I'm doing my first grow now, so this is all planning ahead without any real-world experience, but I've seen it demonstrated with great success on other sites. Eventually the roots and stalk will decay and feed the soil.

Yeah, I had a copy of Rev's book loaned to me too. lol Took pages of notes and set it all aside. Too much of what I read set alarms off in my head, and after I ran into CO and he introduced me to the idea of LOS I knew why.

Bobrown, my plan is to cut the stalk right above the soil line and plant off to the side somewhere. The roots in the soil have all those myco attached to them and they also function as established pathways for all sorts of transportation within the micro community. I'm doing my first grow now, so this is all planning ahead without any real-world experience, but I've seen it demonstrated with great success on other sites. Eventually the roots and stalk will decay and feed the soil.

Excellent points sue. Sounds about right to me.

Hey COorganics, both toker69 and KingJohnC have a thread on using silver to make female seeds, I just thought I would remind you for your GSC forum cutting. You could make exact copies of your precious in seed form and have them indefinitely, with enough to give away to friends.

Thanks sue for chiming in.

Here's what I do, grab the main stalk that's left in the pot, pull it up a bit then cut out what roots won't break off, with an old bread knife, it leaves a decent size hole. The root mass I cut out + stalk goes into the compost or worm bin, or on top of my containers. Nothing is wasted in the process.

I have been in pain for the most part but it is much better in the last few weeks. I really enjoy following your journal with all the organic methods they have been educational and your following has asked some very good questions, you always provide excellent links to organic knowledge.
Thanks for all you efforts.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year buddy.

After getting rid of my worm farm 360 I just put everything into a nursery pot. Today I bought some 1/4" screen. I just set everything up pretty haphazardly and ended up making a mess indoors, it's subzero outside and I just wanted to get it done tonight, I'm gonna figure out a proper screening plan next time I do this. I have lots of worms now and I was able to split them up between 2 pots. They have peat and some compost in each pot.

image16902.jpg
image16904.jpg
image16905.jpg
image16906.jpg

I make several crosses and S1's yearly. This here is CBD Critical Cure, my solo cup if you will. Just pollinated her mom, Pineapple Skunk & Pakistan Valley.

IMG_36128.jpg

Hey COorganics, both toker69 and KingJohnC have a thread on using silver to make female seeds, I just thought I would remind you for your GSC forum cutting. You could make exact copies of your precious in seed form and have them indefinitely, with enough to give away to friends.

Your worms look somewhat fat. Curious I remember you saying you are going with a flow through system, was this something you were going to build? I don't like my 360. I have it wrapped with landscape fabric at the moment and so far this has been the most trouble free yet with a few trays in action. Anyhow I am really contemplating making or buying something similiar to the worm inn, I'd love your feedback on that if you care to. :)

I was going to build a flow thru bin type system. I'm not sure yet, but I'm leaning towards just using big smart pots. It's ultra easy until you have to harvest the castings, but that isn't very difficult for what you're getting. I am into frugal, and I could buy a couple smart style pots for cheap, stagger them a bit, and get frequent enough harvests of worm castings for my needs.

Idk, lol.
Way too much too do here.

Back
Top Bottom