COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

Lol. :)
How about CO, or COo, or COorganics, or anything other than the name of those little ankle biters, ha haa!

Little dogs should have been born as cats. Perhaps an effect of GMO's in our pet foods.

:)

Omg I just laughed so hard at that. That ENTIRELY slipped my mind, I think I knew they called some small dogs "Corgies" at some point, but it got lost in some dark useless corner of my memory. I totally and completely apologize for that hahahah - I'm not a big fan of small dogs either (except Mr. Teddy and his alterego ofcourse!).... Thats why we have Rottweilers LOL.

Got it - anything but Corgie. :love: :rofl: :sorry:

Aww I'm heartbroken! lol I asked you a while ago if you wanted me to stop! :laughtwo:

No seriously just say the word I will call you CO or. Organics. Or maybe Orgie. ;) maybe even COorganics, whatever you want me to call you.

I think I started because you and CO Finest were the first people to talk to me here and I guess CO Finest got CO by default because he posted first haha. Then Idk. 'Corgy' just kinda was an abbreviation of your name lol.

Edit!! Oh no lol! You were the first to talk to me! SO - Idk how it happened :rofl: I should have defaulted to you!

.... Sorry.
Well SoulGirl, you know how I like giving members new aliases & the fact that he's not too keen on it makes it even better. I love you Organics but you're now Corgie to me... :laughtwo:

Hey CO,

That 5 gallon AACT brewer finally got here from microbeorganics. I have to say that it is different than any 5 gallon brewer I've ever seen.

I'm giving it to my friend as a Christmas present but I'll put it together and brew a batch before I do. I believe this will be a a game changer for people using air stones. I'm very impressed. Pics coming soon.

I'm sure it is much better than a simple bucket and airstone like I use. I'd love to not brew (vermi)compost teas at all in my immediate future. I'm working hard now on producing quality compost products, and (nearly)solely relying on them. Fungal leaf mold,thermocompost, vermicompost that has been fed compost and minerals. I feel like ewc slurry will suffice any time I'd normally brew and apply a compost tea. I'll use compost tea as a tool, for instance, to inoculate a new container or bed with life. But I am not going to use it much anymore. If I was planning on it I would certainly get one of those brewers. I am just gonna invest in worms and I'm also excited to learn more about botanical teas and sprouted seed teas. I saw the power of both in the several times I tried them during my last grow. Compost teas are mainly for microbes, I think, and I'm assuming I have a large, diverse microbe population working in my soil already. I guess I'm just tired of brewing them and cleaning up after making it, the botanical teas and sprouted seed teas have the advantage of me being able to throw the parts in the dishwasher... Lazy bones. Their are lots of tools available to the organic gardner/farmer, we just have to understand them and what they are doing.

I'm sure it is much better than a simple bucket and airstone like I use. I'd love to not brew (vermi)compost teas at all in my immediate future. I'm working hard now on producing quality compost products, and (nearly)solely relying on them. Fungal leaf mold,thermocompost, vermicompost that has been fed compost and minerals. I feel like ewc slurry will suffice any time I'd normally brew and apply a compost tea. I'll use compost tea as a tool, for instance, to inoculate a new container or bed with life. But I am not going to use it much anymore. If I was planning on it I would certainly get one of those brewers. I am just gonna invest in worms and I'm also excited to learn more about botanical teas and sprouted seed teas. I saw the power of both in the several times I tried them during my last grow. Compost teas are mainly for microbes, I think, and I'm assuming I have a large, diverse microbe population working in my soil already. I guess I'm just tired of brewing them and cleaning up after making it, the botanical teas and sprouted seed teas have the advantage of me being able to throw the parts in the dishwasher... Lazy bones. Their are lots of tools available to the organic gardner/farmer, we just have to understand them and what they are doing.

Hi CO,

I'M going to be watching and learning with you. I'm excited to see what you do and what the results are. I really like the idea of not having to clean AACT brewers all the time. I always have a bucket boiling. I'm so new to this that I really don't understand the process yet. I'm just going through the motions so to speak. :Namaste::Namaste::volcano-smiley:

I got our new tea maker in the mail yesterday as well same unit. I haven't hooked it up yet tho...

Interesting story about organic growing:

I had a friend bring his brother over to see my grow (he's a pro grower in cali) and I think he was just jonesing to be around some girls as I asked him after about an hour he was hanging and I could tell the look .... missing his ladies, so I just asked him "you missing your girls" yes he was... anywho was showing him my growing system and telling him about organic growing which he acknowledged was pretty cool but thought it was too much work!!?? He does hydro - I guess all or most of the pros do for some reason. So he gets out a taste of his good OG Kush they have and I taste it, take a puff and man I could taste the chemicals and also taste some added in berry flavor which was added in at the end of flush and to be honest - it was very strong (I had to go lay down on the couch) got the couch lock and even went to be early... anyway I think I'm spoiled now I dont really like all that flavor from chemical nutrients even tho the THC is higher. I'll keep my organic weed all day every day. Even let them smoke my sample from current grow which compared has no or very little flavor and is WAY smoother even after a fast dry. I'm not banging the pro grow as it was pretty strong but I can't get past all that nasty taste.

Cheers

What are we 12 years old?
So Serious! oh CO have some fun! don't you have a kid inside somewhere? - if that really perturbed you I apologize, its pretty much all my fault. >.<

Guz fraba guys. :love:

Hi Bobrown,

My experience with potency is it seems like 80% is genitics and 20% is influenced by growing techniques. I bet if you grew there cut using your LOS, it would be right up there potency wise but your smoke, flavor, and bag appeal will be far surpassing the berry infused hydro weed (which sounds disgusting to me) lol.

I can tell hydro weed almost 100% of the time just by the taste. I don't like it. There is a also a neem oil taste in almost every dispensary bud I've ever smoked (from Seattle to Olympia).

Everyone's pallet is different but for me flavor is almost as important as the high. When I crave a strain, it's always the flavor I'm craving.

The more I read about indoor commercial grows, the more I realize the importance of a clean room environment. That's the reason commercial indoor grows go hydro, it's also the reason commercial grown weed will never match small batch organics.

Disclaimer: most everything I wrote is my subjective experience. I've seen lots of dead end arguments where people will defend their hydro weed to the death. Good for them, at least they have a cause to fight for.

Hey Doc right there with you, that's pretty much spot on my experience last night. My friends brother I was arguing the hydro way like I'm crazy for not doing it. Today my friend asked me what I thought of the weed. Meh I was not that impressed and hated the after taste. To each his own I suppose. He was trying to get me to grow with chemicals and hydro... I flat out told him the whole reason I was doing what I was doing was for taste, health and learning experience and I've been grown veggies organically for many years and there's no way I'm changing that just to grow cannabis, hydro is not sustainable, not good for the environment and the taste is not that smooth. It's a shame really cause I'm afraid there's going to be a whole generation of cannabis users that will not know what cannabis is supposed to taste like. Hopefully there can be a niche for high end organic weed that true cannabis connoisseurs can/will take advantage of.

I'm looking at making hugelkultur raised beds. For my veggies and cannabis, indoors and out. I had been pondering over the cost of making more soil, excavating and constructing my grow space, and running electric and how in the hell I'm going to be able to afford all that. Hugelkultur beds are the answer.

I have 200 gallons of CC mix soil and with this technique I think I already have plenty. Rotten wood is very easy and free to gather come spring.

Check out this link!
hugelkultur: the ultimate raised garden beds

I will do this in some framed out beds and rock it out big time.

I should have been reading the permaculture forums a while ago, there are some really intelligent ideas out there, and most of them are not new by any means.

that's a really cool idea. I sure know where to get cottonwood :) - I'd love to try a hugelkultur bed next summer. I already see a top dressing of vermicompost and regular garden compost and leaves... that would be exciting :) If only I could keep it from freezing over winter... >.<

I'd love to see that done indoors though. Maybe you'll inspire me again lol.

Rado,
I figured you may already be into that. Cool stuff. I saw some excellent results while browsing the internet. They don't have to water, period. Even in places that rarely never get rain. Amazing!

No problem, Organics.

Re: hugelkulture.

Where we live there's an old park that was created back in the late 1800s and there are parts of the park that have old growth forest in them with hiking trails so I've actually seen that in the natural environment, its actually pretty cool. We look for those old trees covered in soil in the late spring when we are hunting for mushrooms (edibles). Those logs covered with soil are a great place for mycelium... the coolest "looking" ones are the cedar trees but the soil doesn't cover them they just kind of melt into the soil around it, its crazy specially when you roll one those over man lots and lots of living things there.

I saw a hugelkultur raised bed with flowers in it, from construction in early spring and planting to harvest time, and the bed grew huge lush plants. I am really into the idea. It will allow me to grow way more food with the amount of soil I have on hand then I previously thought was possible.

Update of sorts: My plans are in the works for my new grow space. It will be a single chamber with a single raised bed, likely 4X8. I will build a room below ground in my backyard for all of this in the spring time. I'm going to cover that room with a deck extension and put raised beds for herbs, veggies, and such surrounding it on 3 sides. One side will be set up for a little hoop house style covering to extend season.

To access my subterranean grow space I will have a locked trap door on the deck extension covering. When we feel like being stealthy there will be an outdoor rug and patio table over the trap door entrance.

After a lot of thought, building a smaller, single grow room is the best move for me. I don't need to run a perpetual garden, I don't need that much herb. I'm going to keep things stealthy like my attic grow was.

It's gonna cost some money to make this happen, Soon I'll have plans finalized and can price it out. I will buy things as I can afford them through the winter, and I won't have to spend as much cash in the spring, all at once.

I get the GSC forum cut tomorrow, so I'll have to at least set up a temporary veg space in a closet inside or something. I killed all my clones off and ATM have no cannabis growing at all. The big jars of buds I have are allowing me to take a break from growing and do more with my new place. We are almost totally settled in.

Whats Saponin CO! :)

I got my hands on a pretty nice size aloe pot with several large and small. I already cut off some leaves to scar over for cloning tests. So I'll be trying that soon.

I wanted to touch base on the tea making. I got tired of cleaning those gunked up stones and lines as well. I found a design on the net I liked and built a 5gl airlift/vortex brewer. Anything large or with clogging potential goes in a mesh fruit bag and is suspended. Once I cash out the brewed tea, I dump whats left in the bottom into a current compost or the worm bin and sometimes top plants with it. I fill it half or so with hot water and a bit of bleach, toss the mesh bag in and let it do it's thing. :)

If it's real dirty I sometimes use the mesh bag as a rag and wipe it down while it's running. Once sufficient I pour it out, rinse and by the time I make another tea, it's dry and anything leftover from the bleach should be gone. I haven't had any issues that I have noticed yet. Every so often I like to break it down and clean with a pipe cleaner though which is pretty easy.

That hugelkultur is awesome! I visioned a real killer staging for a privacy fence when I first saw it, be a lot of work though. Interestingly enough I was considering raised beds this year for the outside garden. I think I might try this out in the back corner with some pumpkins/squash next year, those always take up too much space in the garden anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom