CrazyChef's Indoor Five Strain Quadline Journal: OG Kush, Northern Lights, Cheese, Girl Scout Cookies, Peyote Critical

Hey Chef, nice group of girls there. I got a question, when you are ready to train them you put a 5 gal pot and that's where the stay?
I put then into their permanent homes after they outgrow the Solo cups. Then when they're up to 5 nodes, I cut off the bottom 2 nodes and top them (leaving only the 2 sets of quadlining nodes). I start training when the new growth from the nodes is about an inch long in the stems.

You're doing a real sweet job on the training of those girls Chef! Super healthy plants, and plenty of them :yummy::high-five:

A little video update. Everyone has now had the quadline LST applied to them. Forgot to mention in the video that I had to remove the fan leaves from nodes 3 and 4 of the Cheese girls. They were getting huge and I'm gonna be running out of room soon. May just have to put the 3 OG Kush autos into the flower tent within the next week or two to allow enough light to hit the other girls. It'll cut down on the yield of the autos a bit, but will definitely help the photos immensely. Like a great man once said, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Nice video update,Chef...Everyone's looking happy and healthy in there!
A lot of my shots are taken "blind" too-can't see a thing on the camera-aim and shoot and hope for the best...
The Cheese I'm growing also has the big fat leaves...odd for a plant described as "mostly sativa"

Nice video update,Chef...Everyone's looking happy and healthy in there!
Thank you sir! If my PC and NL come out even HALF as nice as yours have so far, I'll consider it a success!
A lot of my shots are taken "blind" too-can't see a thing on the camera-aim and shoot and hope for the best...
Yeah, it's a major PITA. At least most of 'em came out okay though.
The Cheese I'm growing also has the big fat leaves...odd for a plant described as "mostly sativa"
Yup. We'll see how they look as they get older. My Purple Skunk Mass leaves started out pretty wide, and now they look like this:

xT5i1vp.jpg

If my PC and NL come out even HALF as nice as yours have so far, I'll consider it a success!
With the extra room you have,I think yours will come out better than mine-mine are only 16 & 18 inches tall-yours can (and will) get significantly bigger....with a significantly heavier yield...
And you're using some damn good lights,so there's that,too...:)

The video was awesome. As a beginner watching the video was a great help to me being able grasp the images. The slow speed at which you moved was perfect. Keep it up for us newbies. Thanks
Cool - I'm a beginner myself. But if there's anything I can help you with, I'm all yours. Let me know if you need specific videos, photos, and close ups/macros (video and photo) of anything in particular and I'll do my best to try to help. I also have a few plants in mid flower right now if you need any help/pics/videos of that: My First Grow: Grape Ape, Agent Orange x Huckleberry & Purple Skunk Mass

Just a quick update pic. Everyone is doing what they're supposed to do. I'm really hoping I don't have to put the 3 autos into the veg tent, but will probably have to shortly. The autos are also just starting to get pistils showing.

Also, the autos had some very yellow leaves (I clipped 'em off before this photo -should've taken a pic) I believe from a nitrogen deficiency. So I upped their Mega Crop from 4gm/gal to 6gm/gallon, and added about 3ml/gal of Fox Farm Grow Big (6-4-4) to help boost the nitrogen. Also added the standard 5ml/gal Sensi CalMag Xtra. The photos (in the fabric pots) are still at 4gm/gal Mega Crop and 5ml/gal CalMag.
dUMNc1h.jpg

vBuc1Xz.jpg

or4cuf4.jpg

Hey Chef! Loved the video update! :high-five:
Looking great in there. Nice job on upping the nutes on the autos - i think they'll thank you for it.
Looking great in your garden overall. :rollit:

Okay, so today was the final step of LST for the 3 OG Kush autos. They have pistils showing, and are starting their stretch. And they're stretching fast. Here are a top and side view of each one, as well as a family pic. Because of the limitations of the tent size and lighting height, It looks like I'm gonna have to move the the autos to the flower tent this weekend. I hate to do it, but the photo girls need the space and light that's becoming blocked by the autos.

dTdq4nY.jpg
6pRASt4.jpg
xmdUg0l.jpg
Y6BBtIi.jpg
MLkUeCI.jpg
vMpVmHl.jpg
fLnO4nH.jpg

Nice job on the training and keeping those girls even Chef. Looking forward to your flower show.

Those autos are growing fast- they sure have taken well to the quad treatment !

Those autos are growing fast- they sure have taken well to the quad treatment !
Yup! Hoping to move them back to the 24/0 veg tent when I move the photos to the flower tent in about 3 weeks. Then I have to start a 7 strain sponsored grow from Dutch Seeds Shop. But I have room for 8 plants, so I may just take a cutting from the Peyote Critical to fill the hole.

Back
Top Bottom