Cronichemp's First Indoor DWC 60 Day Wonder & NYCD

Re: cronichemp's first indoor dwc 60 day wonder and nycd

Did you mention what nutes you are using? What nutes did you use on the 90 day wonder, if you can remember? Of all the dif strains you have grown, which one was your fav? Which one yielded the best? I'm trying to figure out what direction I want to go with the next batch. I might try Auto Big Bang, maybe Big Bud, Jack Herrer, haven't decided quite yet.

well like i mentioned i havent grown anything since i was alot younger a teen in fact and it was outdoors
many moons ago lets say 25+ yrs ago
and it wasnt so technical back then had a pot put some soil some other stuff in it threw earth worms in it threw egg shells on it etc..
this is my first indoor grow and only started to help my dad with his mmj
b4 this i usually just got it from a friend and i usually stuck with some kind of diesel strain
this is purely smoking purposes nycd is one my favs, liked the chem dawg, there was some others i dont remember the name plumeria was a good vaping strain
im using botanicare pro grow for veg and pro bloom for flowering
and im using the little spec sheet they have which is not the same as whats on the back of the bottle
two sides to the sheet one for hydro the other for soil or coco
back then only the 90 day wonder is the strain i knew the rest and even the 90 day wonder was all bagseed
this is the first after all this time to grow again and started with the nycd and 60 day wonder and the next ones thats in this journal list white widow and medi bomb #1
ill keep posting and ill def try a bit of everything i grow but its mostly going to my dad for his purposes, and now everything has a name back then some had names most not was just grown on this island or that island, i might try the herrer but those seeds are expensive.
and yea i started the nycd because its one of my favorite strains, so for that one maybe its a little more for me the rest is just trying to find the right one for my pops...
its why i have gotten different strains of different seeds, theres still a bunch of strains i didnt try to plant yet as im staying within the legal limit for the mmj use, so until things finish i wont start anything new, and theres still a few different strains of seeds i plan on buying, i just hope my pops is around long enough for me to grow them all so he can try them all.............

Hey chronic,
for your 60day, how did you feed it? when did you switch to bloom nutes? week3? did you go full strength or slow build up?
I think your post just says they're on different schedules now...

Anyone know the protocol for feeding autos?

the 60 days first bloom nutes was the previous res change b4 yesterdays change @ 25ml per gallon
at the same time i used 12.5ml per gallon of flowering nutes and 10 ml per gallon of veg nutes to transition the nycd into flower mode the first week i went to 12/12 since the 60 was starting to flower i figure i put the nycd into 12/12
the auto i didnt do the half half thing cause it was going into flowering already so i went straight in with what the sheet showed for flowering week 1
but on a non auto flower i would do a transition
basically i just been following a feeding chart i have...
hope this info helps............

the 60 days first bloom nutes was the previous res change b4 yesterdays change @ 25ml per gallon
at the same time i used 12.5ml per gallon of flowering nutes and 10 ml per gallon of veg nutes to transition the nycd into flower mode the first week i went to 12/12 since the 60 was starting to flower i figure i put the nycd into 12/12
the auto i didnt do the half half thing cause it was going into flowering already so i went straight in with what the sheet showed for flowering week 1
but on a non auto flower i would do a transition
basically i just been following a feeding chart i have...
hope this info helps............

I may be way off here, but do you think all the stretching you have seen since flowering began could be attributed to the lack of a transitional nutrient phase between veg and flower? I'm trying to figure out what is causing it to do that. I'm not experienced enough at this point to tell you whether it will be good or bad when it is all said and done. I just want to learn what makes plants react that way so if I ever feel the need to stretch out a plant a little I can properly and comfortably do so... Can you repost a pic of the 60 day right before the main stem broke? That might help me a bit.

it was stretching b4 i switched nutes
it was starting to flower about 4-5 days b4 i did my res change
lights always near the top too
as for pics i deleted most of them on my pc i have to go look in the gallery

heres one b4 the stem broke not sure how long before but its before
1332899772711.jpg

as you can see the side branches arent that far behind the top
but the main branch breaking might have caused the main stem to slow down enough for the side branching to catch her up

woohoo
i see a little hair poking out on the nycd its gonna start woohoo
its really hard to see or id take a pic
its like just starting
i can sit and just watch this thing grow :thumb:

woohoo
i see a little hair poking out on the nycd its gonna start woohoo
its really hard to see or id take a pic
its like just starting
i can sit and just watch this thing grow :thumb:

LOL I find myself doing that too.

those ladies would EXPLODE under some HID lighting..

I guess I'm not understanding the system your using. is it an ebb and flo? a Bubbler bucket that the water always stays in?

yea its a bubbler bucket

those ladies would EXPLODE under some HID lighting..

its already hot here even with the ac running
and electricity here is an arm and a leg
its why im using the lights im using
to keep costs down
the grow will always be minimal because of the amount mmj law here allows

maybe add new pics at the end of the week

ugh its late im bored im surprised i dont see alot of people on posting

Hi Chronic -

Nice job taping up the one that broke. Congrats on the girl parts! They are pretty resilient and can heal themselves pretty well. They really stretch as a general rule once flowering hits it's stride, which sounds like what you're dealing with.

Part of yours stretching more perhaps than normal may be to do with the T8 lighting. T8's will work fine for vegging, but they aren't as effective as HID lighting for blooming, and plants will tend to stretch more with the weaker lighting. If you decide to stick with this more, lighting will be your best investment - I realize electricity is expensive, but even good T5's will be more efficient and effective than the T8's. More light is 10x more important than the nutrients as far as bud size, density, etc.

If leaves are sagging, make sure the nutrient temps and aeration is sufficient. High temps rob the water of oxygen, considerably. If you need to, nest your buckets in rubbermaid tubs, and fill the tubs with icy water or ice packs, or frozen water bottles etc... Try to keep the nutrient solution at 68f or lower if possible.

Looking good though! :high-five:

Hi Chronic -

Nice job taping up the one that broke. Congrats on the girl parts! They are pretty resilient and can heal themselves pretty well. They really stretch as a general rule once flowering hits it's stride, which sounds like what you're dealing with.

Part of yours stretching more perhaps than normal may be to do with the T8 lighting. T8's will work fine for vegging, but they aren't as effective as HID lighting for blooming, and plants will tend to stretch more with the weaker lighting. If you decide to stick with this more, lighting will be your best investment - I realize electricity is expensive, but even good T5's will be more efficient and effective than the T8's. More light is 10x more important than the nutrients as far as bud size, density, etc.

If leaves are sagging, make sure the nutrient temps and aeration is sufficient. High temps rob the water of oxygen, considerably. If you need to, nest your buckets in rubbermaid tubs, and fill the tubs with icy water or ice packs, or frozen water bottles etc... Try to keep the nutrient solution at 68f or lower if possible.

Looking good though! :high-five:

yea i was thinking of spending some money soon on some led's i know they wont yield as high as hid's but i figure might be more sufficient than what im using now, those friggin t-8 bulbs im using was damn expensive too they are litro grow bulbs suppose to be good for veg to bloom im gonna see on this first one how good. its wierd tho nycd is still staying bushy might be a strain thing it is slowly starting to stretch now tho since its going into flower, well see what happens.
but im thinking of breaking down and buying a good led panel
need to keep the heat down and the electric use down as much as possible and that may be the way to go for me.
as far as keeping them in tubs and trying to ice them down im not around enough to babysit them and keep them at 68-69
res runs about 72 ish so im not really gonna worry about it maybe ill try some of that tea thing to help the roots, been debating about that
the one with the aquashield, zho, and the ancient forest ewc or forest something lol, with the molasses to feed the bacteria in the tub for 48 hrs with the airstone.

oh yea thx for your input/help x

oh yea which bring to mind lets have a little debate on led light like which ones u guys think are good or better or the best
and led review of sorts
were not gonna compare with other types of lights tho just an led debate on brands and quality etc..

Back
Top Bottom