Cultivator's Perpetual Grows Return

Guess who's back at it?

Hey Cultivator great to see you back and safe buddy! I had a close call too and had to shut down for most of last year. Back up now and using all the great info your journals have provided. Plants are looking super happy! I look forward to following your future grows and learning more! :)

Hey Cultivator great to see you back and safe buddy! I had a close call too and had to shut down for most of last year. Back up now and using all the great info your journals have provided. Plants are looking super happy! I look forward to following your future grows and learning more! :)

Thank you. Things can get hairy at times in this game. Sometimes a break is good.

Welcome Feral.

I am off to do a vid on the progress of the coco plants. I have terrible internet where im located so might be tomorro before i can get it up loaded.

Just secured a new property so also will have some great stuff coming in the near future. Going to the spannabis cup and i will see if any companies want to get on board with me.

Great vid there cultivator! They are some big ladies for such short skirts... Who doesn't like short skirts tho?! Do you ever have issues with plants getting root bound in 11L pots?
Interesting you mention water temps for coco. I have been researching this over the last few days. I recently bought a bluelab pH pen which tells me the water temp as well. I realised that I was watering with water sitting at 31c... Not good!! I now throw a couple of frozen water bottles in 30 min before I water. Brings it down to a much nicer 25c! Max oxygen adsorption occurs around 20c so I figure at 25c the plants should be fairly happy! :)

Plants are looking mighty fine Cult, hope you don't have to move them. Nice frost and size for only a couple of weeks after transition. I have a new run going with a coco blend, and I'm getting what looks to be a K diff on a few strains, just before flip. I'll see if I can find that Buddhas Tree for a K bump.

dont worry about oxygen absorbsion in soil an coco as it draws air intonthe medium when you water. in hydro such as dwc then its way more important. Roots like warm water in soil and coco.

I never have probs with root bound. i grow the plants to the pot size. what i meant in your thread was that you didnt need to grow more plants but u can have a shorter veg time and still get more. its in the training.

Plants are looking mighty fine Cult, hope you don't have to move them. Nice frost and size for only a couple of weeks after transition. I have a new run going with a coco blend, and I'm getting what looks to be a K diff on a few strains, just before flip. I'll see if I can find that Buddhas Tree for a K bump.

i will have a look cos thats unusual in veg. u sure you dont have pests or a ph prob.

i will have a look cos thats unusual in veg. u sure you dont have pests or a ph prob.

No pests, thankfully. The grow is a garden that I help out at. I first thought it was pH. The grower on-site, didn't test, and the water runs high. They are only getting 1ml/L Sensi pH-Perfect Bloom, and a good bump of Ca/Mg, but it may not be enough to bring the pH down to where it needs to be. When I was last there, I gave them just water, with fungus/bacteria, pH'd to 6.3, and will return to check on them before they need another irrigation.

There were were a couple of strains that had some tacos. New growth looks paler than optimal, and the tips have that chevron look, where they are lighter in a V shape. I thought maybe the coco ratio was too high, and it was either binding K or pushing something else out - or they were just simply hungry. In either case, the fix would seem to be bumping up the feed to where the pH buffers will bring the medium into the correct range...? Maybe give them a little extra PK?

A sincere thank you Cult :Namaste:

Aaah ok I see what you were saying.. Would that require mothers to work or could it be done from seed? I don't like to run any strain more than twice... Usually switch up after each run to minimise my tolerance building up.
Btw do you know much about ro filters? I had one installed on the weekend. Have dumped 3 full tanks to get rid of any impurities as per the instructions but still the water is coming out at a pH of 10?! My normal water is 7.

Following up, the grower just let me know that the pH'd water worked, and the girls are all praying. I'm still going to put them on a higher feed, as I found that you need to hit a minimum of 4ml/L with Sensi pH-Perfect to get the buffers to work with high pH city water. Thanks Cult. Love your thread here man. You can't even buy this info, and it will help so many. :Namaste:

Well impressed with how much they stacking is such a short time my friends bulk are just over a week since flip an they barley got a pistel showing
In my flood an drain system i got leaves actually twisting an look bit mangled together I've changed the Rez so pretty sure it's not that my temps are between 70 an 90 but humidity was 50 at highest an 20 at the lowest do you think it's down to this being so low in scratching me head here cult they been in 3 weeks an ain't really doing anything what you reckon they had plenty roots before I put in system

Following up, the grower just let me know that the pH'd water worked, and the girls are all praying. I'm still going to put them on a higher feed, as I found that you need to hit a minimum of 4ml/L with Sensi pH-Perfect to get the buffers to work with high pH city water. Thanks Cult. Love your thread here man. You can't even buy this info, and it will help so many. :Namaste:

They probs hungry and ph out. just be careful at 4ml/l that will bump ec real high. i dont like the sensi. i been using it but im reverting back to ionic bloom in coco. Its a simple 1 part and i get my best results using that.

Back
Top Bottom