Cultivators 7200w Build And Grow Perpetual

Also, as i'll be using Buddhas PK and Bloombastic, does that mean these will be the only boosters i will need, so i wont need Advanced Nutrients Big Bud?

No other boosts. your boosts are bud ignitor, buddhas tree, bloombastic. in that order. go straight to full strength wen u hit the bloombastic. water final week.

I finally had a chance to watch one of your vids Coach Cult. Have the day off and am also somewhat caught up on all my subscriptions. I was wondering if you don't use nutes in the early stage of plants do they shy away from them later on in life? I notice you said you feed the youngsters everyday. Very descriptive.

it depends what u are growing them in BAR. i use media without any feeds in and dont use soil so the plants need to fed to remain healthy. I dont quite understand your question, are u asking if u dont give nutes early, will they reject them later? if that is what u are asking the answer is no.

That's what I was asking, thanxx.

Good Vid Cult! I was considering keeping a mother in Coco so that will be useful there!

I have a question (shock) about feeding and watering, could apply to both Coco and DWC

Lets say It's time to top up my RDWC system so i give the plants a feed, should i give them plain water (ph'd with Cannazyme) until the next week when their feed is due, or should i feed with every top up? In your video you said that with the Coco you would feed them every time and only use water if something was wrong.

At the moment i'm giving them either water or nutes depending on the EC and PH at the time, am I over complicating it?

So its end week 6 tomorrow in the flower room. buds are hardening up nicely now. could be better but not bad considering they were blasted with pesticide and temps running high.

DSC_04434.JPG
DSC_04441.JPG
DSC_04451.JPG
DSC_04463.JPG
DSC_04471.JPG
DSC_04482.JPG
DSC_0449.JPG
DSC_0450.JPG
DSC_04513.JPG
DSC_04522.JPG
DSC_04534.JPG
DSC_04544.JPG

Much respect.

Buds looking nice and your bid is full of info as per usual!
Keep it up mate, would love to taste your AMS....looks so good

Hey Cult I am loving this journal and the movies :bravo: (BTW 4 movies In your Chanel hare not private just a warning since I don't know it is itensional), about the LEDs I think ppl tend to forget one thing, the generate less heat is true but the hare not air cooled so all the heath generate by them is going to the top of the grow room In my opinion if you put 12 LEDs in that room with no AC you probability will have more heath problems vs the hps air cooled, this is just my opinion but it seems logical, and I see here and In other forums ppl changing the air cooled hps for LEDs and at the end the temps rise some of them need to maintain door open on grow area/tent

peace

im looking to build 2 flood tables, dimensions roughly 4'x15'. has anyone got any experience building one? any ideas welcome. It will be built out of timber.

You're on the right track. I've built a couple, ~4'x8', back in the 90's. It was a buddy's grow. We used pond liner from the hardware store. It was much cheaper than buying a plastic tray. We gave it a slight cant towards one corner (can't recall exact amount now, but I want to say we did ~1/2" drop) and put the fill port there for better drainage. We built it with 2x4's and plywood. Remember that water is heavy, so put in cross bracing in. The fill and drain fittings were the same ones for trays.

They worked well, but there was one issue that Capn touched upon. See below...

I saw a guy on youtube do it with a fish pond liner. Of course the bottom was flat with no channels. Have you calculated how much water you will need in a res? My problem with E&F is you need too much water in the res, and water changes are wasteful. Also, after the entire table gets wet, that water evaporates into the room, raising humidity.

What's your plan? Rockwool blocks?

First of all, I love love LOVE E&F systems :morenutes: :circle-of-love:

Capn brought up the main issue my buddy had in the above build. The res size needed. A 4'x8' table needs over 60 gallons to fill to 3". That's a pretty large res.

Cult, you're proposed table (4' x 15') would need over 110 gallons! You need to split it up. This isn't a bad thing at all though. My buddy ended up splitting his up into 4 trays after a couple grows.

With an E&F tray system, you need to size the res to AT LEAST the volume needed to fill the tray, to your drain height (3" in above calcs), without any plants. The rock will displace some water, but you need a little bit of a buffer. The rock's volume is, IMHO, the minimum buffer you want to use with this style of system. I am in the process of building a E&F system for my veg area. I am sizing my res to be 150%-200% (haven't bought res yet) of one tray's fill volume w/o plants.

As to Capn's concern about E&F being wasteful. How so? I'm going to assume you're referring to the nutrients going to waste. Multiple trays can help mitigate this issue. Just have the flood cycles alternate. I'll have 2 trays sharing my res. For Cultivator's build, I would probably split that 15' into 4 4'x4' trays. Filling to 3", they would use ~30g. I would then try to find a 50+g res. I like to flood 4 times a day, ie every 6 hours. With 4 trays, you have 90 minutes for each trays cycle. That should be plenty even for the most root bound rock to drain completely. The limit is probably 6 trays per res. Originally, I thought your 4x15 would best be split into 5 trays, but it's hard to divide 24 hours by 5. :blalol:

If you're not building this for another week or so, the timing might work out well. My new E&F tray veg area should be done before you build yours. I'm picking up my trays, and a few remaining parts, this weekend, so I should have it up and running by next weekend.

So Cult, am I correct that you have coco in the netpots and the netpots in an undercurrent style system? huh.... cool!

Plants look great as always. :thumb:

Thanks for the input hiker, i'll take what you said on board. im def thinking two rows of approx 4x15 and split into 8 tables total. Im actually considering making it a top drip feed system like the atami wilma system. Im still playing around with ideas, im fed up of hand watering plants already in the coco room.

Yeah the dwc set up is coco as a medium in net pots and undercurrent set up. Its very very effective. I find using soil or coco as a sarter medium adds a little time to veg period when compared to using pebbles, however theres a much better root development early on and plants seem to be healthier.

That's a pretty flowering room :thumb:

Thanks for the input hiker, i'll take what you said on board. im def thinking two rows of approx 4x15 and split into 8 tables total. Im actually considering making it a top drip feed system like the atami wilma system. Im still playing around with ideas, im fed up of hand watering plants already in the coco room.

Yeah the dwc set up is coco as a medium in net pots and undercurrent set up. Its very very effective. I find using soil or coco as a sarter medium adds a little time to veg period when compared to using pebbles, however theres a much better root development early on and plants seem to be healthier.

With 8 tables, you might want to use 2 reservoirs if you go flood and drain. It depends on how many times a day you want to flood.

I hear ya on hand watering. Even just keeping the moms is, IMHO, more work than my hydro system. :blalol:

So does the coco get wet in that UC/DWC system?

Back
Top Bottom