Cultivator's Perpetual Grows Return

Hey C! I'm just reading thru an old journal by Jon705 that you were very active in and have a couple of questions...
1. Are you still fighting? If so how's ya w/l?
2. Did you ever go ahead with the area 51 lights? You mention wanting to buy 10 but im not far in enough to see if you pulled the trigger or not.

not fighting at the min as have some health probs. still do grappling comps though. My record is 14w 3l in mma.

I gave up buying leds. I went into building my own with a friend. he now owns the business and lights are great but they are worth the money. leds need to come down in price alot to make them worth while to me.

Jon was a good dude. i lost contact with him when he went to prison.

14&3?! Daym!!! Remind me never to wind you up! Haha.
I feel ya on the price of leds. My 4 p300's came in at just under 2k aussie but I think the savings in cooling not required will even out the price difference fairly quickly. I must admit.. I'm really liking what I'm seeing with the p300's. Pulling just over 600w at the wall and the growth is on par with a 600 hps. Possibly better! The trich production on my auto run was way better than my previous hps grows.
Have you looked at budmaster lights? Definitely on the upper end price wise but they get crazy results! I'd bet Paul would be willing to sponsor one of your tent grows.

Leds are good. Budmaster is a direct competitor to my partners business and i will leave it at that.

The 600w equivalent panels retail around £1500 each. They give fantastic results but Leds do fail, parts do need replaced periodically and to fill even a 5x5m space with panels would come in at 30k. They just arent practical imo. perfect if you run a small tent or a couple plants but i just dont think they worth the money.

I can buy 10 600w duel spec hps, digital ballasts and hoods for the same price as 1 panel. so technically speaking the panels cant perform better than what you could build with hps on the same budget.

Sounds like im hating on Leds but thats not it because i do think they the future but i wont be wasting grands on them yet.

also you dont really save on cooling cos most places will have to add a heater to get the temps up to 85f for leds to work at their best. And the panels still draw what they draw. 600w is 600w how ever led companies sugar coat it.

So true Cult, old school 1K HPS. Works great for me. Bare bulb till I die.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Diaz, 1,2 & 5 :)

I'd love to take a peep at your mates lights. Are you able to pm me a link?
I totally get your point on start up costs. It's a huge outlay. I definitely saved around $250-300 this summer under led compared to last summer under hps. I didn't have to run the ac full time and also it wasn't working as hard to keep temps in check.
I don't understand how the 85f works in relation to leds? What about that temp and leds makes the plant grow better? I was thinking about that all day and realised that the only time I've seen my kush pray this grow is at 29-30c which happens to be 85! :)

hello been reading your threads for a while thought id sign up and get some knowledge from you basically i have a 6m by 6m room with 7 1000w and 5 600w i have 40 x 20l airpots with coco/perlite feeding dutch pro do you have any additives you could recommend or any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated thank you

hello been reading your threads for a while thought id sign up and get some knowledge from you basically i have a 6m by 6m room with 7 1000w and 5 600w i have 40 x 20l airpots with coco/perlite feeding dutch pro do you have any additives you could recommend or any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated thank you

Id change from dutch pro base nutes cos they like piss water and go with ionic coco bloom in flower. additives i recommend are AN bud ignitor, buddhas tree meta boost and pk. Great white mycorrhizae and roots excellurator for roots and sensizym or cannazym. Never neglect root health.

Cult how many lights for veg would you say is needed compared to lights in flower , example would ya say 1 light veg is good for 3 lights in flower
I have couple flower rooms an trying to work out veg size I need

Well that depends on what you grow in and what size plants you want. The less light can make packed rooms stretch the plants. As a generally rule half the light is good. It just depends on pot sizes or are your plants in a fixed position.

I'd love to take a peep at your mates lights. Are you able to pm me a link?
I totally get your point on start up costs. It's a huge outlay. I definitely saved around $250-300 this summer under led compared to last summer under hps. I didn't have to run the ac full time and also it wasn't working as hard to keep temps in check.
I don't understand how the 85f works in relation to leds? What about that temp and leds makes the plant grow better? I was thinking about that all day and realised that the only time I've seen my kush pray this grow is at 29-30c which happens to be 85! :)

Im not fully clued up on the science behind why led temps should be at 85f. But i know its what is recommended and its what gave us the best results. with some small fluctuations of course.

Have a look at ninthplanetled.

I can move plants about they all in coco now I'm gonna stick to this way for now unless that auto feed system does what it says on the box when ya test it I'm allready sick of hand watering it's not good when ya allways seem to have bad back

Have just put 8 plants in 11ltr coco pots into a alien system so gonna see how that turns out had to veg them this way with some others I'm thinking 2 waterings a day to start an see how they go I think The coco should wick up the bit of water left in the pots after the system has flooded
How's the flower burst looking or is it to early to tell

I dont understand what you mean mate? youve put the actual pot in the system? i would only flood once per day in coco unless roots are well established then go maybe twice.

Im not going to get the auto system. I like the idea but im going to call them today and tell them not to send.

Instead im just going to put the pots in large trays and then use hose pipe to fill trays with nutrient and bottom feed. Im going to stay and do this one myself so should be fine. Also got new brain for flood and drain system so going to run that again.

So these are big plants now. I took this on day 17 flower. Its day 20 today. The issues i have uploading pics must be related to my connection as i trouble shooted what was recommended to me. so I apologise for lack of pictorial updates.

Im liking the Buddhas Tree Flower Burst. lots flowering sites and plants look super healthy. Remember my water is 0.7 ec. and very salty. I will transition to the metaboost and pk today.

20160416_191507.jpg

I doubt i will use the 5 gal smart pots next run in this spacd. The plants are well out growing the space which is a prob. I also need to get my electrics looked at as the power keeps tripping and im only running 4 600w hps. This property should run 12kw min no problems but I have a feeling its still run on builders electric so will get that fixed asap.

Yes mate I literally put the coco plant an pot straight in the alien system because they are to big to fit in net pot they have been begged else's where so they have loads of root and are about 12 inch tall it's prob not the best way but I'm sure will be ok just gotta work out how often to water
I'm glad you think the flower burst is good I will stick to that in future cuz it's well not over priced looking forward to seeing if you think the meta boost is worth adding aswell
As usuall mate ya plants looking good they look about the same in flower as mine but mine are at week 4 I gotta snap ya a pic because it looks like My buds are gonna be longer than I'm used to I'm just hoping they will fatten up they really flimsy tho so I'm thinking I should tie em up somehow bet that will take a while

Back
Top Bottom