Cultivators Play Pen

Sweet set up brother!! to bad its not all led lol...

Mate I was going to.run all led but had issues with.an order before Christmas.and.then tried to get some sponsorship but only had small amount of.interest that wouldn't really have Helped. I had all the hid lighting handy.at no extra cost so.just went with.that. I'll switch to leds in summer I reckon.I

Sweet ! I guess they would have liked to get in now!

Yeah mate I guess they would. Best thing is the.sponsors here do sponsor people.from time to.time but I think.they should.pick their candidates more carefully. I offered to buy £18000 ($25000) of led if a company gave me.some.panels to trial and if they worked well id of kept.my word. There are only a few guys journals showing great led work and I'd have liked to have joined in. But my skills clearly weren't appreciated nor was.my offer to buy lol. The way I see it, even if I lied and didn't buy the panels, theadvertisement they would.get through here and YouTube would have been enough to cover their cost. I'll just wait til I've done.a grow with the hids in this space then maybe I'll switch. I'm definitely switching my spaces this year.

heres a few pics of the grow 1 harvest. I dont have numbers yet but looking to be around 27oz dry. Very dissapointing yield for me as im used to big numbers. however the quality looks good and i could have had nothing if the root rot had not been controlled.

DSC_01309.JPG
DSC_012013.JPG
DSC_011814.JPG

Heres pic of grow 3. The plants remained in their 11litre pots and wont be repotted. Its now day 11 from flip and first flowers are just starting to show. I split the plants up and moved half to another tent to allow for bigger plants as it was far too crowded with 20 plants in the 1.2x2.4metre area. Id have left them in there and ran a sea of green but when hand watering its a pain in the ass. easier to split them.

DSC_01435.JPG

thats true but how much hydro do you use with your extraction fans, cooling ect, in the summer I used a 24 000 btu minisplit a/c to cool 8 led's(sealed room),it gave me total control of the enviroment, when I was hps I would of needed a 48 000 btu unit minimum, right now im vegging a 4 x 8 area with 600w core coverage instead of 2000w metal halide to get the same coverage. with hps if your running let say 10 000w, the plants are only using 30-40% of the light, the rest is wasted spectrums that the plants dont use. With quality led's the plants use 95% of the light because they are designed to grow cannabis not light a warehouse.Theres a night and day difference between hps and led nugs bro, the led nugs will be denser and frostier, I had to do it myself to believe it, you wont be disapointed:)

I believe u mate, im looking to switch. just have to find the right panels at the right price. no one has been willing to give me a sensible deal on the number of panels i need and i would much prefer to trial them before pulling out possible tens of thousands to replace my rooms. It will def happen in 2014 though.

Yea bro I hear ya its a scary switch, cost me almost 10 grand to switch out 1 room lol..but this was 3 years ago now and theres alot more proof out there these days that they work great, im confident that with your skills you will have no regrets:)

if u are pulling the same actual power draw it wouldnt though? so if it was 1000w hps switched to 1000w led surely it cant save anything? a 1000w is a 1000w.

That was my thinking exactly! Although, would 1000 watts of LED's have a greater area of coverage compared to 1000 watts of HPS... If not then I can't see why LED would be better. Especially given the initial cost.

That was my thinking exactly! Although, would 1000 watts of LED's have a greater area of coverage compared to 1000 watts of HPS... If not then I can't see why LED would be better. Especially given the initial cost.
yes the initial cost is higher if your going with say Lush or Area 51, if your switching out your bulbs evry 2 grows give or take like your suposed to how much do you spend on bulbs alone in one year? not to mention extration fans and bigger cooling units. factor all that into one year of growing and the costs are pretty much the same for the first year, after that the savings really start to pile up.50 000hrs or 10 years before you have to start thinking about changing diodes out on a led panel. Around here a quality 1000w hps light and a good aircooled hood will cost around 500 bucks with a 4 x 4 core footprint, a 240 x 5w Mars 2 from TopLed cost the same with the same footprint but only draws around 595w so yes you get more coverage and more weight with the same amount of draw....did I mention the quality of the nugs is better, denser with alot more trychs, im sure im not the only grower here that has switched that is saying this.Led's are designed to grow cannabis, hps wether they have added spectrums or not still waste 60-70% of the light, there are alot of spectrums in them that plants just dont use.

Clones and seeds are in. Have extraction to fit and veg room to build. But be done before end month.

My favorite part of journals is watching the builds. I like plants to, but I love a clean build. :thumb:

if u are pulling the same actual power draw it wouldnt though? so if it was 1000w hps switched to 1000w led surely it cant save anything? a 1000w is a 1000w.

If 1000W lit a space well, and you put in 1000W (actual draw) LED, it would be too bright. If you just want to be able to use more lighting for the same power, then you would need more space.

I think DrD and Mono are saying the same thing. :Namaste:

Glad to hear you're gonna switch too. :high-five:

The economics of LED have changed dramatically since just the end of 2012! At that time, LED was not feasible for me in a new build, but these new MARS II panels have changed that equation. You get a 5W panel with the same footprint as a 1000W HPS for the same initial cost, but you will save thousands in the long run. I just hope I can sell my HPS gear to someone before everyone stops using them :blalol:

I'm switching after my current batch finishes. I had not even considered the quality differences. Thanks for bringing that up DrD. You think yield will go up over all as well due to the increased density? Bonus! :morenutes:

Nice vid, I even understood your brit ass.

Saw some good super crops too.

How long are they vegging for now from rooting?

It seems you know every nutrient formula there is lol. I dont know how you remember all that stuff!! Great videos by the way, ive subscribed :)
Cant wait to see what you do with the super soil cult! Its a shame you cant do a kit grow. Id love to see that :)

Back
Top Bottom