DankWolf's 1st - Multi-Strain In Soil - Fall 2015

Nice looking garden Dank,
Hope the rest of the crew do not mind if I crowd a little to the front for a better look.
Old and bad eyes you know.

OG

Welcome to the show, glad you made it. Was saving a seat just for you!

Hey move over a tad please, this old fart with a 100 on the odometer demands a bit of respect...:thanks::Namaste::thumb:

No worries, theres plenty of up close n personal room left, and i just installed the latest fancy movie stadium seating. Heated/cooled, built in speakers, reclining seats, built in foor massagers, built in adjustable screen magnifier, cup holders already loaded with your favorite brew, and the best of all, built in smoking device'S. If smoke isnt your thing, edibles can be found in the seat cooler with the extra beers.

Thanks for coming, i hope you all enjoy the feature presentation/s :Namaste:

Hey Dankwolf - How are you using the molasses? I had the same idea when I was perusing the back of a bottle of "sweet" nutrient supplement that contained molasses. But I have no idea what the dilution ratio would be or how often it would be applied. I'm looking for a wholesome bud booster for when the time is right.

For all your kevetching about messing stuff up your plants look great! You must be a natural gardener!

Hey bud, that flowering lady looks fantastic. You're doing it right!

I look forward to seeing her progress.

Hey applegate, thanks for stoping by :welcome:
Hey Dankwolf - How are you using the molasses?
Okay disclaimers..dont do what i do! Not yet :blalol:
Im far to inexperienced to report anything, but follow along.:reading420magazine:
I have read to mix 1tbl per 1gal. And i winging it on feeding amount.
Annie was fed at roughly the 3rd week, 1 full gal. I believe she, and the others suffered slight excess of nitro. (who knows im so new im not always sure what i was looking at). Fed another 1gal 3weeks later. No issues.
And just 2days ago i fed .5gal.
Not sure a full gallon was best idea, thinking less and more often since it takes weeks to break down.

Ive heard lots of good about using molasses. Seems most ppl use during/for flower time. I figured id jump on it right away since i dont have any nutes.

I would recommend it. Make sure its unsulphured molasses.
follow me and see if i kill my plants, then youll know what NOT to do :blushsmile:
For all your kevetching about messing stuff up your plants look great! You must be a natural gardener!
Thank you! I do have a some exp, houseplants and a few misc veggies. Struggle with sage and thyme!

Updated..

Been an interestigly long hard day.
Had to fit 2hrs of plantdaddytime in.
1Hr to uppot bill to 5gal plastic, give a trim and strap his limbs down.
1Hr to rearrange rooms. Annies stinkyness back in new diy 3x4x7 box.
Bill and the youngins move to living closet. Bill should be all good for move and flip in 5days..

Edit: almost forgot,

11081516171.jpg
good times....
Bill and kids are sitting at 31 right now, same room as that photo.
(sorry, tried to rotate, didnt work)
Wths going on

I'll back up and read, but you certainly got my attention.

Hey move over a tad please, this old fart with a 100 on the odometer demands a bit of respect...:thanks::Namaste::thumb:
I am always willing to make room for a friend, come on down and squeeze in, just pass to the left when you finish your puff.

Welcome to the show, glad you made it. Was saving a seat just for you!

No worries, theres plenty of up close n personal room left, and i just installed the latest fancy movie stadium seating. Heated/cooled, built in speakers, reclining seats, built in foor massagers, built in adjustable screen magnifier, cup holders already loaded with your favorite brew, and the best of all, built in smoking device'S. If smoke isnt your thing, edibles can be found in the seat cooler with the extra beers.

Thanks for coming, i hope you all enjoy the feature presentation/s :Namaste:
Look no squeezing required, he has deluxe accommodations, though you still have to pass to the left. Good edict Puff Puff Pass

I'm in here too OG you can sit next to me over here. I got the L right now :tokin:
Sweet enjoying the sweet aroma, though I may be getting a job soon so I will have to pass till after they do the drug test, but save me a smidgen if you do not mind. :thumb:

Thanks for tagging along!

Heres where the fun begins, with my head.. And my awesome fly by seat of my pants ways..
Im getting a hair in my arse...
Flowering Annie is really starting to strengthen in stench. Thebest stench of course, problem is shes only 4feet from the front door of apt.
While everything is by the books legal, no worries there, i dont much care to let everyone know. (couldnt afford carbonfilter just uet)
The least/best i can do is move her back where she belongs, in the bedroom!

But im thinking, adding bagseed 2 along with 3week dragons breath to the flower zone.
3Week dragons breath has what im thinking to be weak genetics. Shes not impressing me in the slightest. Originally i was going to use her as a mother (being my first feminized seed) but now.... Ehh.

If you can see her, 1set of leaves are singles, 2nd set kinda funky looking singles, 3rd.. 1 side with 3 and the other with 5. and possible slight overwater issue.
All others showed 1,3,5,7 in equal pairs.
Maybe its just me, maybe not a big deal, but ehh... Make room for something that might impress me more..
Im going to ponder this for a day or 2, if anyone has suggestions or feedback.

[tl:dr]
Sorry for the long posts:sorry:
Edit: (always forget something)..all Bagseed spent first 3weeks of life in window/sunlight with A cfl after hours for additional 4-5hrs

Please, as long as I'm in your galley, squelch that inclination to apologize for long posts. :laughtwo:

I'm going to surprise you with a technique for reducing the odor of your plants. Go to the grocery store and buy a bunch of scallions, bring them home and plant them in your pots. If they take, they will reduce the odor emissions of the cannabis. I thought this was questionable science, until I tried it myself, and lo and behold it worked! Not all the smell, mind you, but enough that being near the front door shouldn't be a concern.

This has no effect on the potency of the plant, nor does it cause problems of competition in the root zone. They work in synergy with the cannabis and the soil microbes.

A cheap and effective aid to the grow.

11081516171.jpg
good times....
Bill and kids are sitting at 31 right now, same room as that photo.
(sorry, tried to rotate, didnt work)
Wths going on

When you take the picture it must be in landscape. If you take it in any other position it loads into the gallery sideways and nothing will save it. :laughtwo: We've all been challenged in the beginning. You'll get the hang of it. Nice show by the way. Very friendly company too. Hi guys! :ciao:

Those are some great Pictures Brother.
I wish I lived closer so you could teach me how to Grow.
I've never tried it but I'm really thinking about it so I can have enough to make all my recipies.

In and subbed. That fungus gnat issue can be solved with a less than 10 dollar pack of mosquito dunks from home de pot. Just curl rumble them up and top dress next time you water. The Bacillus thuringensis bacteria will kill the gnat larvae and stop them from chomping on your roots.

And I have a bunch of hayseed in my grow. They saved my butt because my male/fem ratio was so bad on my bought seed. Hayseed is like getting a dog from the pound. You never know and they may just be the best ever. But watch for hermies, that dog may bite the hand that feeds it!

Loving the look of those dragonbreath leaves.

Favorite part of the day just happened, lights on!
I get to open the door, let the deep, rich, pungent aroma out and and enjoy!

Heres Annie, anyone else notice the fade/blend of color, mostly on the newest older growth..on the northern side of the pic. A nitro def?
1108150927.jpg

And 2 pics of bagseed #2 (will name it Bill until he proves himself other) still vegging after 2.5months.
Big day for it, will uppot later, along with trainin and pruning.
1107152324.jpg
1107152324a-1.jpg

And this img of lil lady dragons breath, and her funky growth
1107152323a.jpg

looking good

Looking, seems like everything is going pretty smoothly. I too, think I am having a gnat issue. I think I seen one crawling around on the top of my soil but It was gone by the end of my double take. I'll keep an eye on it just to be sure. Those things suck man. Good luck!

I've never tried it but I'm really thinking about it so I can have enough to make all my recipies.

Welcome to :420:

As you are now subbed to this journal, sit back n relax... You will learn loads... Spend time reading other journals, you will be amazed at the stuff going on in here...

Click on the links in members signatures.... Enjoy ya reading, Chef.... I did !!....sub to journals, we dont bite...

Your scary first grow... All been there :high-five:

Time in planning is seldom wasted... So many variables to consider.... Im sure you will get there. :thumb: :passitleft:.... Pass it on too DW when ya done.

When you find this, pretend I just came in the door. :battingeyelashes:

Good morning DankWolf. So nice to see you again. :love:

The mosquito dunks will indeed work, over the course of a month, because you have to break the cycle. If you can stand the smell, a top dress of neem meal may take care of the problem in days. I say may, because you may be reintroducing them somehow. Use the two as a team approach and say goodbye to the pests for good.

I've farmed my share of gnats. :straightface: In a good living soil they do no damage to the plants, but they certainly can drive the cultivator a little crazy sometimes.

Wowzers! I have a journal of my own?!:thedoubletake: Been busy with life, and reading everyone elses..

Please, as long as I'm in your galley, squelch that inclination to apologize for long posts. :laughtwo:
Thats good news!
I'm going to surprise you with a technique for reducing the odor of your plants. Go to the grocery store and buy a bunch of scallions, bring them home and plant them in your pots. If they take, they will reduce the odor emissions of the cannabis. I thought this was questionable science, until I tried it myself, and lo and behold it worked! Not all the smell, mind you, but enough that being near the front door shouldn't be a concern.

This has no effect on the potency of the plant, nor does it cause problems of competition in the root zone. They work in synergy with the cannabis and the soil microbes.

Think ive read this, hadnt considered doing it. the raw garlic slices (being one of my gnat deterrents) did a fine job masking any MJ smells. (homebrew pepper spray.. Holy batman the house stunk!)

Your plants are looking awesome bro!

I'm coming along for the ride!
:thumb:

Thanks for stopping by!:thumb:

:biglaugh: Me? Teach? Bwahaha!
Im such a rookie, youd definitely learn..what not to do!
Thanks for that early mornin chuckle:laugh:

I absolutely recommend growing, not for the harvests and use..just to do it! Its a great hobby, so much fun to watch em grow and take shape, its great way to expand ones knowledge, and its fresh free
Oxygen!
Theres an unbelievably smart,strong and helpful community here to help with problems AND provide motivation. Lovin them all!

Thanks for coming by, hope to be seeing more of ya ;)

In and subbed. That fungus gnat issue can be solved with a less than 10 dollar pack of mosquito dunks from home de pot. Just curl rumble them up and top dress next time you water. The Bacillus thuringensis bacteria will kill the gnat larvae and stop them from chomping on your roots.

And I have a bunch of hayseed in my grow. They saved my butt because my male/fem ratio was so bad on my bought seed. Hayseed is like getting a dog from the pound. You never know and they may just be the best ever. But watch for hermies, that dog may bite the hand that feeds it!

Loving the look of those dragonbreath leaves.

My gnat problem isnt so bad, i hope. See about 3-5 fliers a day,(not sure a seen any yesterday)
I have a few hyposis miles mites, gnats #1 enemy. My problem was incorrectly identifying them as root aphids. Spent 3weeks trying to kill em.
Houseplants..my poor other babies, havent been watered in over 4weeks. Tryin not to give the gnats anywhere to breed.
And ive been using sm90.

Seems like everything ive done in conjunction with the fewer remaining predatory mites have held the gnats at bay. Worst of it was 20-30fliers for 2days. Havent visibly noticed any negative effects on the plants. So im not entirely worried, just annoyed!

You like lady drangonsbreath ay? Shes an oddball for sure, not sure what she wants or needs, clearly isnt the same as the others. Cant seem to get her droopy leaves to undroop(swear, 2of 3weeks shes been droopy) ....as i say that, and look over at her, shes perked right up this morning. :loopy:

Back
Top Bottom