Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Sweetsue have you had anyone come comment about their dark devil not giving them any effects? I grew my dark devil for 82 days and she was a frosty frosty lady and a good size. I pulled some where around 3 oz from her. But here's the thing I have smoked in form of bowls, joints, blunts, bongs and dark devil doesn't have any effect on me at all. I grew in coco and used the lucas formula using floranova bloom thru out the grow.

It's just sad that such a beauty of a plant to not have some good feeling benefits. And I was so hurt too because about the time I started my grow i started reading this journal and I your description of a 24 hour effects and just great effects and my lady was just a let down. I have 3 more seeds and will try to grow her again some day!

How unfortunate for you. :straightface: I'm so sorry to hear that. This is the very first I've heard about this happening at all. Anyone else have any input here? This is wrong, on too many levels. That amazing buzz, coupled with the beauty of the specimens, is why so many of us keep growing one at every opportunity. We have to help you find out what happened there so you can get better results the next time.

I've always grown mine in living organic soil. My no tills are filled with beneficial microbes busy growing my plants for me. bobrown14 and I have surmised that it's possible the intensity of our harvests may be related to the soil we grow in, since we grow in the same formula mix, but we aren't the only cultivators to get the intense buzz.

All I can offer is this meager virtual hug, but please imagine all my care and affection poured into it. :hug: :love:

I ran a finger over my self pollinated DD last night. Barely touched her and these three rolled right off of her. Success ! My first self produced female seeds. :yahoo:
20160402_163324.jpg

Nicely done rifleman! :thumb::goodjob:

Gonna stick with my Sunday (even after midnight) posting of our Dark Devil grows. I missed my first week somehow, but here she is at 13 days, before and after topping.

Lost her top:

Topless:

Missed my Sunday night post. She's 20-21 days here

Here she is last night.

Tonight's fuzzy shots:

After some more Training:

For comparision, here's how my first DD looked at day 21:

Missed my Sunday night post. She's 20-21 days here

Here she is last night.

Tonight's fuzzy shots:

After some more Training:

For comparision, here's how my first DD looked at day 21:

Thank you so much for showing me how to do it right arteekay. :Love :hug: :love:

Thank you so much for showing me how to do it right arteekay. :Love :hug: :love:

Oh, I don't know about doing it right. I look at this one every day and do a WTF. It's a completely different grow than our last DD.

Hi everyone, hope all your grows are progressing as well as they look to be on here!! :)

Here's our DD at day 42. She's in All-Mix and perlite (60/40), and being fed 1ml of Plant Magic Bloom and 2ml Canna Bio-Boost every watering. I'm watering to run off every 4 days and she's in an 11L pot, under 600w Omega dual spectrum HPS.

20160405_142043_2.jpg

20160405_142034_2.jpg

20160405_142150_2.jpg

20160405_142002_2.jpg

20160405_142104_2.jpg

:Namaste:

Barliman.

Beautiful Barliman. Here's my lovely today. She's at Day 53, growing in an LOS no-till second run soil under her own Timber Vero 240. Look what this fabulous light is doing to my Dark Devil Auto. I've never seen one this black. I've grown in this soil before and the color came out similar to yours Barliman. I figure it must be the light.

image9802.jpeg

image9803.jpeg

image9808.jpeg

image9801.jpeg

image9804.jpeg

I'm using a very diluted essential oil foliar to encourage more trichomes. I'm only two applications into the process and it continues every three days through harvest. I'll be watching closely to see what difference it really makes.

image9788.jpeg

Scissor hassshhhh.....yuummmmmm.....we used to scrape our gloves with a spatula! �� (old credit card worked well too!) This Dark Devil sounds really potent. Can someone compare it to anything?? Or is this on another level? :volcano-smiley:

Ok I'll give this one a shot since I've been smoking and vaping this for well I think before this thread started. One word here; "be careful" ... wait what... that was 2 words. OK yeah be careful. This one will get you a gooooood buz going and sometimes psychedelic if you take it there. Pretty much you can go as far into the clouds and beyond as far as you want to go. Why I say be careful.

This one started out for me a non-work night med, since the taste - very berryish with a sort of Earl Grey tea scent; lite up and immediately your body starts to feel warm sometimes I get a hot flash, followed by my tongue getting numb followed by a sort of head/face heat like I have a heating pad around my face then giggles, followed by more giggles... I' know I'm on the right track. Puff some more giggle a lot more and repeat! What's not to like?

I just ordered another 10 pack from Herbies today!

Ok I'll give this one a shot since I've been smoking and vaping this for well I think before this thread started. One word here; "be careful" ... wait what... that was 2 words. OK yeah be careful. This one will get you a gooooood buz going and sometimes psychedelic if you take it there. Pretty much you can go as far into the clouds and beyond as far as you want to go. Why I say be careful.

This one started out for me a non-work night med, since the taste - very berryish with a sort of Earl Grey tea scent; lite up and immediately your body starts to feel warm sometimes I get a hot flash, followed by my tongue getting numb followed by a sort of head/face heat like I have a heating pad around my face then giggles, followed by more giggles... I' know I'm on the right track. Puff some more giggle a lot more and repeat! What's not to like?

I just ordered another 10 pack from Herbies today!

I hope I get half that from it. I seem to have the tolerance of an iron skillet. On the plus side if it is as good for me as everyone else, I have nine more beans already from selfing the ol girl. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hope I get half that from it. I seem to have the tolerance of an iron skillet. On the plus side if it is as good for me as everyone else, I have nine more beans already from selfing the ol girl. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mine made a friend whitey the other night......and not a young pup either, but one that had only smoked a few grams in the last month and came to me having just been fired for being off sick with a bad back.

I'm thinking this will get grown again before too long......I'll miss that taste of the buzz. I'm not even sure it's a real taste as it can sneak up and remind me several hours after hitting it and stays for ages. Not overpowering but pleasantly strange.....when you get Dark Devil mouth you'll know:drool:

Don't worry about having the tolerance of a hydro grower (lol ;) ), just put the other stuff to one side for a few days and plough the DD until you get a feel for it. Worked for me anyway :)

Hiiii all you gardeners out there! Awesommeee stuffff! Hiya sweetsue! Hey yo Rifleman.....tops on those seeds guy!! Tooooo cooool! hey camo.....sorry to hear you didnt get any effect from that beautiful girl! Maybe let someone else try it & see if it effects them any! I had some skunk many years ago & 1 good J between 2 people got us seriously couch-locked! (Loveee thaattt Indica!) But my buddy Jimbo.....ZERO buzz! I had him smoke a bowl to himself & he was red eyed s hell but definately did not have a buzz! The other two of us were crackin up laughing & he ws bummed cause he didnt get anything out of it. Next sack....did a couple one-hitters & he was verryyy medicated!! Who knows....this girl is still holding mysteries we have yet to discover! Great thread folks! :volcano-smiley:

Just my mind actually working....but does anybody use unsulfered molasses for their girls? Also as far s foliar sprays go to really get that trichome build up is called snow storm ultra! I bought a buddy a bottle of it & he used it a test 2 plants sprayed after lights out. 2 plants not sprayed. Same strain. Same lights. The trichs were much stickier & dense on the 2 plants he did use it on! Guy named KingJohn on here turned me on to it.....stuff is awesommmeee! Just an idea! :volcano-smiley:

Hello everyone, I've just chopped one of my Dark Devil Autos after 62 days. She had no training and although 62 days seems on the low end of the time frame from what I've read she just seemed done. I have another one still going that was planted on the same day but I'm not sure that she will keep going much longer. Anyway this is how she looked before the chop:

image9859.jpeg
image9860.jpeg
image9862.jpeg

image9861.jpeg

Pretty Kraize. Nice color on that one. You have me excited. I'm getting closer to the finish, but mine's obviously going to take longer than 62 days. I'll be watching for that initial smoke report. :laughtwo:

Hello Sue, this is the 3rd Dark Devil Auto that I have chopped so far. My initial smoke report is here: Personal Organic Grow with Mars Hydro

On top of that I passed some of this to an old grower friend of mine that has been growing commercially underground using chemical nutrients and he thought it was the best smoke that he'd ever had. He was stood there with a big smile on his face telling me how his brain was tingling whilst I was in a fit of giggles. In the end there were two grown men sat rolling around in his kitchen having the best fun on a smoke that we'd had in probably 15-20 years, both having uncontrollable fits of laughing at each other laughing for nothing :rofl:

I would recommend this thoroughly therapeutic medicinal strain anytime to anyone :)

Hello Sue, this is the 3rd Dark Devil Auto that I have chopped so far. My initial smoke report is here: Personal Organic Grow with Mars Hydro

On top of that I passed some of this to an old grower friend of mine that has been growing commercially underground using chemical nutrients and he thought it was the best smoke that he'd ever had. He was stood there with a big smile on his face telling me how his brain was tingling whilst I was in a fit of giggles. In the end there were two grown men sat rolling around in his kitchen having the best fun on a smoke that we'd had in probably 15-20 years, both having uncontrollable fits of laughing at each other laughing for nothing :rofl:

I would recommend this thoroughly therapeutic medicinal strain anytime to anyone :)

Yeah Kraise, I'd completely overlooked that. :laughtwo: You can't tell I have a lot on my plate at all, can you? I want to thank you guys for putting up with my scatterbrained persona. If I'd met you in person, I'd never forget these details. Working within the limitations of virtual space, and spread through so many community threads, sometimes the memories get spliced or misplaced. Lol!

Rest assured, I do care care for each and every one of you. I'll work harder on my memory skills. :battingeyelashes: :love:

And thank you for that great smoke report. You raised an exemplary plant this time. You have us all dreaming of oozing resin. The recommendation is duly noted. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i suppose i should jump into the Dark water before it hits 60 pages lol

my first DD. her name is Selina Kyle :) about 3 weeks left to go. she's just a little thing.. maybe 18" - 20" tall but very fat. i think the pot size might be 1.5gal at best. no training or lst. i prefer to see my first grows that way so i can get to know what they do naturally. that helps me decide what to do ... un-naturally lol. at any rate one of the lower branches is just finishing CS treatment. I'll try to get more updated this weekend. :Namaste:

DD43.jpg

DD24.jpg

DD34.jpg

DD19.jpg

Whew! What a beautiful and fun thread. Finally, I get to join the ranks of the coveted Dark Devil Cult! 59 pages in and alot of waiting and inspiration and.... Drum roll pleaseeeee.....
IMG_20160409_084315356.jpg

STIHL has DD!!!! :cheer:

........ at any rate one of the lower branches is just finishing CS treatment.

FYI - I reversed a second node branch on my DD. I wasn't the least bit careful about pollination, just let it fly for the most part. Just yesterday I finished cleaning the harvest from the sour crack that shared the 4x4 with the DD. In 85 days I got 185g bud, 52g trim, and nearly 2300 seeds of an F1 I call Sweet & Sour Devil's Crack.:)

The DD is on track to get chopped within the week. I suspect the bean count will be similar. :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom