Delocated420's 1000W Organic Soil - 2012

Delocated420

What strain is it?
- a few strains; ExodusCheese (UK cut), Chemdog, Blackberry Kush, and Jack Herer

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
- There's a little bit of everything in there.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
- Flower.

If in Flower stage... For how long?
- 16 days, but I wont be counting the first week towards their 8week flowering time.

Indoor or outdoor?
- Indoors

Soil or Hydro?
- Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
- FFOF +30% pearlite

If soil... What size pot?
- A few sizes verying from 2 gal. - 8 gal.

Size of light?
- 1000w switchable magnetic ballast

Is it aircooled?
- In a cooling tube, not ducted out due to cold weather.

Temp of Room/cab?
- 65 - 69 light off
- 74 - 80 light on

RH of Room/cab?
- 45 - 55 on
- 55-65 off, could use some help here, anyone have an idea to lower that?

PH of media or res?
- PH stays consistantly 6.6 and I'm happy with that.

Any Pests ?
- Just got rid of all the mites, I love SNS-217.

How often are you watering?
- every 2 - 3 days

Type and strength of ferts used?
- I use the full RootsOrganics and Aurora Inovations line up on their "5ml program"

I've got a few different strains in here and I feel i need to elaborate on each one;
- ExodusCheese (UK cut) I got this strain from a dear friend in a trade for my 2 mother plants
I have 4 of these in my cab, each very differently grown each in a different size pot.
1 is "pinch" trained in a 4gal peat pot, 1 is "scrog" style in a 8gal pot, 1 is a clone right into flower in a 1/2gal pot, the last 1 is LST'd in a 2gal peat pot.

- Chemdog I got this from a local compassion center, it seems very sativa like, and I
wont be keeping it around after this grow. It's in a 5 gal pot.

- Blackberry Kush This is a seed plant, found the seed in some top shelf at the same CC i got my cut of Chemdog from, it's in a 3 gal pot.

- Jack Herer This is a clone from a seed plant, it has the most sative like quality with very heavy resin production but
it's yield was very lacking and so this will only be grown this 1 last time. It's in a 1/2 gal pot.

my goal is 1 pound, but if I can get 10ounces total i'll be absolutely thrilled.

And now for some pictures, which wont be the best because I dont have a camera, only one on my phone..

BLACKBERRY KUSH
IMG_20121102_103601.jpg

EXODUS CHEESE 8 gallon
IMG_20121102_103638.jpg

CHEMDOG
IMG_20121102_103634.jpg

EXODUS CHEESE 2 gallon
IMG_20121102_103629.jpg

EXODUS CHEESE 1/2 gallon
IMG_20121102_103618.jpg

EXODUS CHEESE "pinch trained" 5 gallon
IMG_20121102_103612.jpg

JACK HERER
IMG_20121102_103623.jpg

GROUP SHOT
IMG_20121105_083450.jpg

any comments are greatly apreciated!

Wasn't able to get any photos of the flowering plants due to some family situations, and to be honest there isnt much goin on in there.
I was able to try and snap a macro of my BlackBerryKush top, And I just now snapped some pics of the veg/clone closet to show you guys and gals a glimpse of my January 2013 project, which will be a an updated grow room with improved ventiation, white walls(drywall), and a SunSystem Magnum XXXL hood and inside the room will be an 8 plant 2 strain grow consisting of ExodusCheese (UK cut) and BlackBerryKush vegged for 30 days on a very strict routine, day 3 I top, day 14 I top again, Day 21 I defoliate, day 30 I defoliate and transition into flower.

Now for some pictures

Macro BlackBerry Kush
IMG_20121107_225120.jpg

A group shot
IMG_20121111_135223.jpg

BBK #1
IMG_20121111_135458.jpg

BBK #2
IMG_20121111_135502.jpg

Exodus Cheese #1
IMG_20121111_135507.jpg

Exodus Cheese #2
IMG_20121111_135511.jpg

Exodus Cheese #3
IMG_20121111_135518.jpg

And heres how my T8 and T12 lights are set up in the veg room for now till i can get a 400w MH conv. bulb for my HTG 400w or buy a 4' 4 bulb T5 :peace:
IMG_20121111_135531.jpg

Quick question for ya, kinda curious about your yield outlook. I see you want around a pound for harvest and have 7 ladies to do so with, is this easily achievable? If so how long did you veg for? Sorry if this question is stupid but i am completely new to playing Dr green thumb and have just started 8 ladies of my own and was just interested in your opinion. Thanks :tokin:

Well thats my goal, realisticly i just need to get 10 ounces to support me and my dad till our next harvest, but I do feel like a pound is within reach, its all about good soil, good nutes, and a good source of light. these plants are all vegged for different times under various lights, including my t8+t12 setup pictured above for about 2-6 weeks, then a 400w HPS for about 2 weeks, and then about 2 weeks under a 1000w MH, then flipped to flowering. The reason for so many lighting changes was that my 400w was in use for flowering, and the 1000w hadnt even been considered yet, I acutally got it as a surprise birthday gift :thumb:

Your starting 8 you say? what are you're room dimensions? seed or clone? what kind of light? I'd recommend you make a journal to track your progress.

If you haven't already figured out what nutrients you want to use, I would recommend checkin out BluePlanetNutrients (or BPN for short) because from what ive read theyre a great nutrient and the proprietor of the company is a member here! So you get great support if u have problems, and its a simple system just 3 basic nutrients Grow Micro and Bloom and they even carry an organic line up and bloom boosters. If you want the utmost clean organic nutrients I would recommend GeneralOrganics GO box, its a full line up of Vegan nutrients except for their fish emulsion, I had great results with it under my 400w in the past.

If you have any questions come on by and ask Im always happy to help :blunt::blunt:

Thanks for the GREAT advice Delocated!! I have thought about starting a journal just a little iffy on actually doing so and posting pics........ The room is 8' by 9' and 7 1/2' tall. I have 3 150 w MH lights, 4 single 48"T5's, and 12 cfl lights, for veg. I started from seed and the 8 are 2 weeks old now and have 6 more that have sprouted yesterday. I was thinking of fox farm nutes but not quite sure. I have also heard a ton of great things about blue planet. Have u heard anything about thunder ballast? Was thinking of getting two 600 hps for flower as i found them rather cheap. Thanks again for all your advice!!!!!!!! :nicethread:

Sorry to keep posting these question.{last one promise} i tried to pm you but i guess since i dont have 50 post i cant! Neway what strain would you suggest for a high yeild and still get high quality smoke?? The seeds i am growing now are just bag seeds so i can try and get all the kinks out before i order the real ones so they have a better chance of me not killin them LOL.

No problem, i love answering questions. I've never actually had too much experience with seeds because ive never ordered any, i always worked with clones. I've only grown 3 strains that werent bag seed, a cross of OGskywalkerxBlackberryKush, which wasnt a good yielder, a local cross called "Purple-Silver" which yielded very well, but not very potent, and now i've settled on Exodus Cheese (UK cut), and i love it because its a great balance between both yield and potency. Its an extremely rare strain the one i have, but its available through GHS (greenhouse seeds) and their variation is pretty close to the original cut like mine. If you look at a few other sources on the web u can find things called "seed databases" that give you a general idea of the yields and flowering times of various strains, unfortunatly i cant link out a website without getting in trouble for it but theyre abundant on the web.
Best of luck finding a strain you'll love! :tokin:

edit:
missed ur question before the strain question. I'd say with your size room using 2 600watt HPS lights would be very productive aslong as you can manage the heat, and I would stay away from FoxFarms nutes, but thats a personal opinion i used em for a while and didnt care for the results so I moved on to the GeneralOrganics GO vegan line up, it ruled for potency, just stepped up to the RootsOrganics + AuroraInnovations "5ml" program because its a little more raw material, and came with a mycorhazzial fungi called "OREGONism"

Today is Day 25 since the flip, but Day 18 counting towards their 8 weeks in flowering
I snapped some shots before the lights went out, sorry for the poor quality, i plan on getting a used
SLR camera in December to take some money shots before harvest :)

Blackberry Kush

IMG_20121114_220455.jpg

IMG_20121114_220506.jpg

148kirq.jpg

Heres snaps of the Exodus Cheese

opcllx.jpg

rhpboi.jpg

25gxdmq.jpg

wlccxd.jpg

300yyk9.jpg

Heres the only shot i could get of Chemdog

29zdlkj.jpg

and heres an attempt at a group shot lol

15f4u50.jpg

Got in the grow room, moved em around a bit, dropped the light 4 inches now only 14" from the top of every plant, then i defoliated sum and DAMN theyre chunkin up hardcore and starting to STIIIIIIINK soooo good, my cheese is a mix of raunchy rotten skunky smell and the sweetest almost antifreeze smell god i love it, the blackberry is by far the biggest buds in the room tho and smells like berrys and molasses, and some how my cool tube is even putting out a good footprint now that i have it lower and the wings are on it correctly so I just couldnt be happier :)

I'll throw up some pics in the morning when i water again, this time im going off from the 5ml program to raise the grow,bloom,and trinity from 5ml to 7.5ml and im adding HPK @ 5ml to the mix as well as 10ml of "grandma's molasses", starting Dec. 1st ill begin using KoolBloom dry @1/4tsp per gal. then stepping it up to 1/2tsp on the 7th, then on the 14th I flush my 3 small plants to be Harvested the 20th, meanwhile the other plants continue KoolBloom @ 1/2tsp per gal until the 20th then they begin flush with 15ml molasses per gallon of RO water until the 25th then they get blacked out for 48hours with temps kept around 65 (house temp) in the hopes to inspire extra resin production and maybe even some color.

Hey there Delocated! Looking good brother. I have an Exodus Cheese freebie seed that is next on my list when I germinate a new seed again. Freebie or not, i'm super stoked to grow it. Now you have me wishing I had already done so. Dang - I can't wait! :)

If the reds in your photos are making you "blue", try taking your pics right before (or after) lights on. I use ambient light and flash to capture truer colors than what you can with hps bulbs going. Alternatively, you can see if your camera allows "white balance" to be adjusted, which can make a huge improvement, too.

Can't wait to see those Cheese fatten up - I will follow with interest! :)

:popcorn:

So I tried to take pics, didnt seem to work, gonna try again tonight when they come on ill take em out to my living room for pics under hopefully better light, mainly gonna get some closeups cuz overall shots tend to be the worst and least flatering
I also took clones a few minutes ago, no pics but theyre all in 1" x 1" rockwool cubes and healthy, took 4x Exodus Cheese and 4x Blackberry Kush, and today i noticed my little (Trainwreck X MendoPurp(male)) seed came up today :) So i'll get some pics of the clones and my little seedling too.

to Vick, thanks glad to have a couple of pros like u and X along with me on this grow, and hopefully in future grows aswell :thanks:

And for the mod thats been editing my photos thank you, every time i try to upload them correctly my computer times out :( ill try to do it right this time

Ok so I got bored and took some pics of the clones and my little seedling, used an android app called Camera360 it kinda helps cuz it has a stabilizer and some nice filters.
finally figured out how to add pics properly after bugging the 420staff lol sorry y'all!:Namaste:

So heres a couple pics, I'll be posting more pics later tonight or in the morning if i get to stoned and fall asleep :thumb:

Trainwreck X Mendo Purps
PART_13535551814981.jpg

Clones taken @ 4:20pm 11/21/12, (4) Exodus Cheese (front row), (4) Blackberry Kush (back row)
PART_13535551516731.jpg

yeah D!
Clones look healthy.:goodjob:
Are those the rockwooll cubes that have the black plastic around the sides of each cube?? Or do they just break apart into cubes..

They're just the kind that break apart, I live in a po-dunk area and they finally opened an indoor gardening store so I went in for the grand opening and nobody came in and the guy said he appreciated my buisness so much that i could get a 60 pack of them for $4 and i just couldnt turn that away :) Alot of people say they dont like these but aslong as you dont keep them sopping wet they dont give me any problems

Cool deal!
60 for 4$!?
I guess you just gotta keep an eye on them for roots poppin.

Back
Top Bottom