Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey doc, I running this JH convert, and was wondering since you have dealt with JH in the past, are they heavy eaters? This one seems to be?

Thats cause the bigger the plant compared to the pot the more we need to drench, you have quite a large plant for a 10gal pot my friend :)

I have been thinking that instead of doing stronger drenches maybe normal strength ones twice a week would work better in cases where the plant is to big for the pot but I haven't tried it. What yah think doc?

Hey doc, I running this JH convert, and was wondering since you have dealt with JH in the past, are they heavy eaters? This one seems to be?

Thats cause the bigger the plant compared to the pot the more we need to drench, you have quite a large plant for a 10gal pot my friend :)

I have been thinking that instead of doing stronger drenches maybe normal strength ones twice a week would work better in cases where the plant is to big for the pot but I haven't tried it. What yah think doc?

Right on Smokey. You nailed it.

JH is a heavy feeder, but couple that with no soil and you have a challenge.

Here's something I've been doing lately:

1 cup of Transplant, 10 mil Tea, 2 tbspn Epsom Salt per 5 gallons of water, giving each plant a gallon slowly poured down the top, topping off the saucer with straight H2O.

I know it's out of reach for the single kit users....you could try to scale it down. But it really revs up the soil and helps the plants milk the last drop out of the soil.

Update:

I have 4 confirmed female Colombian Red, 2 confirmed males and 5 YTB determined, although I have a more than a hunch 3 of them are males. But I've got a very fast female pheno to work with and damn are they vigorous.

I also culled 3 champagne from veg, and harvested a Champagne and washed and hung it. Busy day.

The kind of busy day we all dream of Doc. :blushsmile:

Update:

I have 4 confirmed female Colombian Red, 2 confirmed males and 5 YTB determined, although I have a more than a hunch 3 of them are males. But I've got a very fast female pheno to work with and damn are they vigorous.

I also culled 3 champagne from veg, and harvested a Champagne and washed and hung it. Busy day.

Awesome Doc, can't wait to see what you can do with those. Grats! :high-five:

Right on Smokey. You nailed it.

JH is a heavy feeder, but couple that with no soil and you have a challenge.

Here's something I've been doing lately:

1 cup of Transplant, 10 mil Tea, 2 tbspn Epsom Salt per 5 gallons of water, giving each plant a gallon slowly poured down the top, topping off the saucer with straight H2O.

I know it's out of reach for the single kit users....you could try to scale it down. But it really revs up the soil and helps the plants milk the last drop out of the soil.

Rite on doc and smokey, thanks a ton I will do some math and keep that recipe in the back of my mind.......:thumb:

Update:

Cant wait to see Punto Rojo. :cheer::cheer:

My shipment has left the left coast, hooray!

I have some serious reading to catch up on. I've been reading before as a curious fan. This time, I'll be reading as a committed grower vested into Doc's system. I have some plants going in my own soil mix that are doing rather well. But, I think there's still a lot of guess work with those plants especially in flower, to bring out there best. With doc's kit that guess work isn't there. It'll be interesting. Still don't know which plants I'm growing, but I will soon. I know I'm doing at least one candy kush auto by summer's end. By then I'll have grown almost ten. Almost ;) So, it'll be great to see one in doc's kit....

Going to be an interesting ride. Ordered my ewc yesterday, have a 100+ gallon container I use to collect rain water that I'll be using to mix everything up, probably on Thursday. If everything arrives on time. :Namaste:

My shipment has left the left coast, hooray!

I have some serious reading to catch up on. I've been reading before as a curious fan. This time, I'll be reading as a committed grower vested into Doc's system. I have some plants going in my own soil mix that are doing rather well. But, I think there's still a lot of guess work with those plants especially in flower, to bring out there best. With doc's kit that guess work isn't there. It'll be interesting. Still don't know which plants I'm growing, but I will soon. I know I'm doing at least one candy kush auto by summer's end. By then I'll have grown almost ten. Almost ;) So, it'll be great to see one in doc's kit....

Going to be an interesting ride. Ordered my ewc yesterday, have a 100+ gallon container I use to collect rain water that I'll be using to mix everything up, probably on Thursday. If everything arrives on time. :Namaste:

I brought a few to the post yesterday, and I'm pretty sure yours was one of them. You should have it by Thursday at the latest!

I've never done a Candy Kush auto, but Candy Kush regular does extremely well in the kit soil.

First off, kuddos Smokey for exhibiting such instinctive use of the kit. That inspired more than me, I'm sure.

This is one of those points where the LOS gardener always pauses, Doc. With my organic mix I'm building a soil with components meant to break down over many years and then I continuously amend to keep it clicking along. The growers I am attempting to mirror grow plants that show every indication of being very high brix.

Are your microbes chomping every bit of nutrient value from this soil? My LOS brain wants to find a way to amend it as we grow. Its frustrating to have to overcome this tendency. I give you my word though, that I will faithfully follow directions. Less than two weeks out now. Time to order the pot.

Wait till you throw the kit up compared to your Los. You won't be all locked out looking and no more gnats enough said.

I don't recall having any problems with any "lock out" with my initial grow Dutty. What is this you speak of specifically? I remember you being as in awe of my soil as everyone else was. A little respect, if you please. If the gnats were a concern for my plants I'd be more aggressive with them, but I have no signs that they present any challenge beyond nuisance. I choose to let them be until my soil is sufficiently dialed in. It's a personal choice, bearing no reflection on my ability to grow.

I don't recall having any problems with any "lock out" with my initial grow Dutty. What is this you speak of specifically? I remember you being as in awe of my soil as everyone else was. A little respect, if you please. If the gnats were a concern for my plants I'd be more aggressive with them, but I have no signs that they present any challenge beyond nuisance. I choose to let them be until my soil is sufficiently dialed in. It's a personal choice, bearing no reflection on my ability to grow.

It's not my place to comment on your thread. Nor would I open myself up to that. But it looks like you have excessive salt build up potentially, based on your current plants.I wasn't referring to your first grow. And I was never in awe of your soil just the ability to use cfl all the way through.

I think you're mistaken Mr. Panty. No signs of any salt build up at all. Sorry to disappoint you.

Here's what's going on today.

Same old crap except:

Colombian Red (Punto Rojo) females, looking healthy and ready to take clones

IMG_75642.JPG
IMG_75654.JPG

Usual stuff:

Last two pics shows the buds my clients get, and the premium sugar leaf that I covet for myself and a few clever people who understand.

IMG_76102.JPG
IMG_76093.jpg
IMG_76082.jpg
IMG_76072.JPG
IMG_76062.jpg
IMG_76052.JPG
IMG_76043.JPG
IMG_76032.JPG
IMG_76023.jpg
IMG_76012.jpg
IMG_76003.jpg
IMG_75993.jpg