Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I know next to nothing about them. They appear to be very well made, and THEY DAISY CHAIN! That's always been my beef, especially with the small ones, and these are designed for it.

In fact, I've got that LED daisy chained with the T5 right next to it. The T5 is first in line.

I guess I could save this for the journal, but that is a small one....veg only? I kinda scanned their site when you mentioned the sponsored journal coming up.

I guess I could save this for the journal, but that is a small one....veg only? I kinda scanned their site when you mentioned the sponsored journal coming up.

Sponsor isn't the right word exactly. More like product review via demo grow. I'm not paid by them or Platinum. I just try to grow the best plants I can possibly grow. If the lights work so so....I go back to what I was doing. If they work really fantastic, I make the move into them, etc.

Having said that, the little light is the veg light. I'll be putting up a bit of information like that when I get the journal up and running. I was within 24 hours of signing a lease on a new spot so I could keep growing until everything came into focus yesterday. Now I can put a bit more effort into the journal, along with the 22 other things I've got going. :loopy:

I wanted to show a few photos of how well my first HB grow is going hope its cool. No problems as of yet. The kit just works.

Thanks again Doc!

Super_Lemon_Haze11.jpg
Headband0.jpg
Headband36.jpg
Headband-2.jpg

Very nice looking plants Doc!!!! awesome to see you will be testing Advanced's lights. I am a big fan of them. The all blue light is pretty amazing, can't wait to see how your plants do under it.... :)

The new lights are always interesting. I'm even more interested now that I've tried a 300W Platinum and like it very much. About time to up the ante and reserve the 300 for vegging?

I'll be very interested in how you like it Doc, and thanks for working so hard.
:goodjob:

The new lights are always interesting. I'm even more interested now that I've tried a 300W Platinum and like it very much. About time to up the ante and reserve the 300 for vegging?

I'll be very interested in how you like it Doc, and thanks for working so hard.
:goodjob:

I like the Platinums so much I ditched my faithful HPS. From what I can see, the Advanced are also very well made lights so I'm very optimistic they'll grow some lovely plants.

I'm not at all interested in which boards, how many watts, and all that. I'm not saying that info isn't important, but I look at these things from a practical point of view: Can they grow plants that I'm proud of? Yes? Then I like 'em! No? Well, I'll put my HPS back in duty then.

Simple as that.

I like the Platinums so much I ditched my faithful HPS. From what I can see, the Advanced are also very well made lights so I'm very optimistic they'll grow some lovely plants.

I'm not at all interested in which boards, how many watts, and all that. I'm not saying that info isn't important, but I look at these things from a practical point of view: Can they grow plants that I'm proud of? Yes? Then I like 'em! No? Well, I'll put my HPS back in duty then.

Simple as that.

I'm with you 100% Doc. I was a skeptic, but my HPS fixture is in the attic now. The savings in cooling costs are significant. It's opened up an opportunity to augment CO2 in my particular setup that I'm experimenting with as well. I like lights that daisy chain too, especially smaller LED arrays.

I do have a question about the Platinum lights - How closely can you space them side by side when they are hung? I assume that they need some room between them for airflow for those nice little cooling fans.

As all of the individual LED elements seem to be the same wattage regardless the fixture wattage, I'm thinking that I can array smaller fixtures together and get almost the same light penetration as a single larger fixture. Modularity can be a wonderful thing.
:Namaste:

Doc, I think I have a springtail infestation in my soil. I notice them everywhere so I took a close look at some of my soil and yep, theyre there. Do you know what they are and if so, are the detrimental? I know they eat fungus and mold...the 2 things I want in the soil ffs. Any ideas bro? Thanks

Doc, I think I have a springtail infestation in my soil. I notice them everywhere so I took a close look at some of my soil and yep, theyre there. Do you know what they are and if so, are the detrimental? I know they eat fungus and mold...the 2 things I want in the soil ffs. Any ideas bro? Thanks

Bummer, bro.
Looks like low moisture and cleanup are the best defenses. At least they don't sound like the worst pest you could have.

They are beneficial organisms to your soil they will not harm your girls but they might help.

My HB seedlings are doing great. I've never had beans pop that fast, 1 day after putting them into the soil. They were BARELY cracked when I stuck em in :D

question... am I watering them with transplant this early or no? I wait on the foliars too, right? just gotta check my notes, being lazy.

other good news, I worked some hours up at a garden center and the boss was super cool and hooked me up with a 1000w ballast/bulb :D

Toss in a few red wigglers to keep them company? According to everything I've read springtails are a part of balanced soils. I'm sure they could overpopulate and upset the balance, but unless you're seeing something really scary I'd leave them alone.

I'm with you 100% Doc. I was a skeptic, but my HPS fixture is in the attic now. The savings in cooling costs are significant. It's opened up an opportunity to augment CO2 in my particular setup that I'm experimenting with as well. I like lights that daisy chain too, especially smaller LED arrays.

I do have a question about the Platinum lights - How closely can you space them side by side when they are hung? I assume that they need some room between them for airflow for those nice little cooling fans.

As all of the individual LED elements seem to be the same wattage regardless the fixture wattage, I'm thinking that I can array smaller fixtures together and get almost the same light penetration as a single larger fixture. Modularity can be a wonderful thing.
:Namaste:

My two P1200's are hung with the ends actually touching eachother. I wouldn't do it with a long side...but they seem just fine with the ends up close.

Your plants look perfect, so they aren't causing too much trouble.

Toss a mosquito dunk in your water supply?

I've got spider mites, thripes and spiders. I recently had to kill some spiders as they seemed to be breeding a bit too fast and hanging around more than in the past.

Sometimes when I add guano or some other crap to the soil the mites show a little damage. I've never had issues with the thripes other than an occasional spot in the veg room.

With plants as healthy as yours are, I'll be there's nothing to worry about.

My HB seedlings are doing great. I've never had beans pop that fast, 1 day after putting them into the soil. They were BARELY cracked when I stuck em in :D

question... am I watering them with transplant this early or no? I wait on the foliars too, right? just gotta check my notes, being lazy.

other good news, I worked some hours up at a garden center and the boss was super cool and hooked me up with a 1000w ballast/bulb :D

I believe it is water only until you hit 5 sets of true leaves. Very light Trans is probably fine.
Congrat's on the new light!

Your plants look perfect, so they aren't causing too much trouble.

Toss a mosquito dunk in your water supply?

I've got spider mites, thripes and spiders. I recently had to kill some spiders as they seemed to be breeding a bit too fast and hanging around more than in the past.

Sometimes when I add guano or some other crap to the soil the mites show a little damage. I've never had issues with the thripes other than an occasional spot in the veg room.

With plants as healthy as yours are, I'll be there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks Doc. I cant use a dunk cuz im I'm outta rain water so its back to well. It's kinda high in ppms but its working well so ill leave it alone.
From my understanding, they like moist humid conditions. I guess ill wait til it gets real dry out here and see how they persist. Ive never had bugs except for actual spiders so it had me freaked out a bit. Oh, I took my soil bin out and gave it a good mix on the tarp so we'll see if that helps :)

How much water did you use with that mix?

I used a 1qt spray bottle.

Used half the first day, then added water to that and sprayed day 2 and 3.

All gone today. We have had a very very rainy June. We were a few inches over average as of a few days ago, with a few more to go, and it's STILL raining.

Back
Top Bottom