DocBud's Next Medical Grow

I still have them, they're dark and shiny, and I'll journal the grow whenever I get around to trying to sprout them.

Now that's a journal I'd like to see! :)

update:

The garden is doing well. I've got one querkle that has some kind of lockout....it's lagging a bit. Today I watered with hydrated lime to raise the pH a bit and see what happens. The others are doing really well, with a delicious aroma, some large buds and massive resin formation. Same with the 3D's.

The PPP don't smell as much, but they do have a piney fresh scent, with lots of resin.

The fungus gnats are on their way out....things are going very well.

Put some sand to stop the gnats:
IMG_14088.JPG

random garden shots:
This 3D is going to be a really nice plant when it grows up. Very resinous, very dangerous smell.
IMG_14109.JPG

IMG_14094.JPG

IMG_14059.JPG

IMG_14046.JPG

IMG_140311.JPG

PPP....lettin' em fade just a bit. They have 4 more weeks.
IMG_14079.JPG

IMG_13987.JPG

IMG_13974.JPG

IMG_13964.JPG

IMG_13914.JPG

Querkle bud.....hard to see, but the resin formation is pretty stupid.
IMG_13999.JPG

WHOA! Doc your garden is looking very nice. Congratulations on that. Just wanted to run a question by ya. Regarding nutrient uptake...Do you find it better or worse on the plants to vary the PH from the low end to the high end of the scale throughout the grow? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to make all nutrients that are needed available at the widest range of time. Thanks Doc you're doing good work.

WHOA! Doc your garden is looking very nice. Congratulations on that. Just wanted to run a question by ya. Regarding nutrient uptake...Do you find it better or worse on the plants to vary the PH from the low end to the high end of the scale throughout the grow? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to make all nutrients that are needed available at the widest range of time. Thanks Doc you're doing good work.
That's exactly what I do....I try to raise the pH a bit as flowering gets under way....week 4 or so. Even in soil I do that.

I can't say for sure it's the best thing to do, but it makes sense on a couple levels. In nature, the soil would become more basic in the dry fall than in the wet spring/summer. In the tropics that doesn't always hold true, but it does for the Indicas.

Also, the stuff the plant uses during flower is more available at a slightly higher pH....so yeah, I do the same as you do on that.

That's exactly what I do....I try to raise the pH a bit as flowering gets under way....week 4 or so. Even in soil I do that.

I can't say for sure it's the best thing to do, but it makes sense on a couple levels. In nature, the soil would become more basic in the dry fall than in the wet spring/summer. In the tropics that doesn't always hold true, but it does for the Indicas.

Also, the stuff the plant uses during flower is more available at a slightly higher pH....so yeah, I do the same as you do on that.

Thanks for the quick response Doc, glad to hear it. Sent you a PM with a killer video! Not quite 12/12 from seed but pretty close. 24/7 light till clones root, then 18/6 for only 5 days, then 8 weeks of 12/12 flowering, amazing results. I'm pretty sure the strain was "sage".

Hash Hound:

They look really good! People think plants won't "veg" if you start them on 12/12.

Nonsense! All plants veg themselves for a while, even auto flowering plants. Normally, you can determine sex between day 20 and day 30 when doing a 12/12 grow. You'll be surprised how these things grow....not a lot of difference between 12/12 and 3 weeks veg time.....you'll like it.

Just remember that your flowering time isn't 8 weeks from seed....more like 100-120 days. 12/12 plants will veg, just like any other.

As far as switching the light, I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but you could wait until the plants are done stretching. They say MH gives the plants shorter nodes....

The important thing is that your plants look healthy! What is your medium and nutes?

Doc,

If you look at post # 2 and #3 of my journal you can see the 3 different bags of soil i mixed and the nutes.... CRF's of course. :)
Hash Hounds Nirvana Super Skunk & Papaya in Soil
Had i planted all one strain i would have used each individual bag of soil to see the difference in growth. But, since different strains, I mixed them together to.

Hash:

I love it. It looks like a great mix, and your plants are obviously happy.....you're going to have some superb product from this. Well done!

You're givin' 'em some molasses and compost tea, right?

On Edit:

Next time, don't put any perlite or gravel on the bottom....it doesnt' help with drainage, just reduces the overall volume of soil in the pot. Instead, put a wick in there that goes about 1/2 way up the middle of the pot and then dangles out the bottom about 3-4 inches. This wick will reduce your perched water table, effectively making the pots "bigger" and giving your roots much better growth.

But that's a small thing.....it looks like you've got the really important stuff more than under control. You've got a great grow going here!

Golly gee Doc, ty for the kind words

Molasses; yes

Compost tea; aaaaaaa no, not yet that is. Need to do some research on that one. You make your own?

And hoping to get to the local hydro store soon to get some Snowstorm.

{Reminder to self; wicks instead of perlite.}

Golly gee Doc, ty for the kind words

Molasses; yes

Compost tea; aaaaaaa no, not yet that is. Need to do some research on that one. You make your own?

And hoping to get to the local hydro store soon to get some Snowstorm.

{Reminder to self; wicks instead of perlite.}

It's easy to make, there are many different recipes on the web.

I use Bu's Blend biodynamic compost, from Malibu Compost. There are plenty of other options as well.

Hey Doc how's it goin? Just cruised by your grow and was salivating over the last pics you posted. Hope all is well. Peace.:Namaste:

Oh yeah, I knew I came by for a reason. What are your thoughts on your past grows goin' 12/12 from seed, versus vegging for awhile? Also I know you like the taste of soil v hempy but what are you thinking in that regard as well? Thanks for all you are doing for 420.:thanks:

Doc, I don't wanna hog up your journal with my pics, so can you please take a look at my journal and see if these are about normal height for 38 days 12/12 from seed?
Hash Hounds Nirvana Super Skunk & Papaya in Soil
They are about 12 inches tall, and showing some hairs. I sure hope they are gonna get bigger. Lots of branching. And the other seedlings I almost wrote off for dead are surviving quite well.

Strangely, my link in this post says Hash Hound Nirvana.....
but in my signature it wont show that way, it shows the address.

Back
Top Bottom