Doozy's 2300W LED - 5x5 - Dinafem Seeds - 1st Grow

2nd on my catch up! mental doozy with the sicko setup!

man, like skunny said too much love isnt good, its a plant after all, they do ther thing, that we are unaware of really, like yeh give then more dark so they can chill out :)

cool to have a quick look at your grow :)

OK so i have taken all you're advice and not changed the res's, they seem to be happy so i've just topped them up and balanced the Ph down to 5.5.

EC is holding at 1.1

RH with the humidifier is 60%

Pics -

P1150430.JPG
P1150435.JPG
P1150443.JPG
P1150444.JPG
P1150449.JPG
P1150455.JPG

Angry Doozy. Go on lad give em some shit:) All is good now bro, there's non of that mullarkey on here :)

Your girls are looking great but the proximity of your humidifier to the plug sockets causes me some concern :hmmmm:

You were previously asking about topping your plants, I've just done one of mine which will give you an indication of how tall I let mine get before popping their top. If you keep an eye on my journal I'll try & show you some training methods which you can do yourself to get a big bush of buds :)

Angry Doozy. Go on lad give em some shit:) All is good now bro, there's non of that mullarkey on here :)

Your girls are looking great but the proximity of your humidifier to the plug sockets causes me some concern :hmmmm:

You were previously asking about topping your plants, I've just done one of mine which will give you an indication of how tall I let mine get before popping their top. If you keep an eye on my journal I'll try & show you some training methods which you can do yourself to get a big bush of buds :)

Sorry mate, i went off on one. My bad

Rant on doozy,I dont know this other forum you speak of,but atleast in this thread,we all just want to see you succeed.

opinions are like bar talk,brother. all you can do is listen and try and see if it works or not, i've seen some crazy shit work,Ive seen good ideas be a bust,its just a weed

I do agree with skunny,not sure if I like the location of the cool mist---In MY world,I like to keep water,below the waist and power above the waste.

plants are looking great

33 DAYS FROM SEED

So here's a quick update today, i haven't been posting as often as to be completely honest not a great deal has happened other than standard growth as far as i can tell.

One thing i would say about having res's this big is that the plants seem to put a lot of effort, and hence time, into putting it's roots down, so these units are really only for those people who want to spend a long time vegging.

Secondly, i've noticed that the plants are growing like bushes rather than growing vertically. I think i'm on about my 7th set of leaves now, and the plants are hardly even a foot tall. This is perfect for me as i have concerns with my vertical height using these LEDs, and i also know these plants will grow dramatically once i flip, so at the moment i'm not raising the lights at all. They are currently at about 24-26" above the canopy of each plant.

The res's were changed 7 days ago today. Each res contains (per 40-45 ltrs)

20ml Vitalink Max Grow A
20ml Vitalink Max Grow B
25ml Canna Rhizotonic
25ml Plant Magic CalMag
5ml Potsil (Potassium Silicate)

250ml of PH lowered tap water at 10ml Phosphoric Acid per 400ml was added to bring the Ph down.

Ph began at 5.6, and has steadily risen to 5.9 over the past 6 days.
EC is at a steady 1.15
Tent temps are at a steady 27-28 (80-82) lights on, 18-20 (64-68) lights off
Res temps with 2x1ltr frozen water bottles added half way through lights on, and 1x1ltr frozen water bottle added at lights off fluctuate between 18-22 (64-71)

The plan with the next res change is to lower the Canna Rhizotonic, and increase the Vitalink A+B, so as to keep the EC around 1.2. I don't feel i can lower the CalMag as i've already seen some signs of what i thought was Magnesium deficiency when i on;y added 15ml CalMag to begin with, and from what i've read prevention is better than cure with this so i'm going to keep that one at 25ml, which seems to be doing the trick so far.

Here are some recent pics, they're not really in any specific order, and the one pic i had of one of the ladies didn't come out at all, but i'll make sure the next set are a bit better. A couple of the plants look a bit droopy but that's because i've literally just tied them down i a few places about 2 hours ago.

P1150495.JPG

P1150497.JPG

P1150500.JPG

P1150501.JPG

P1150510.JPG

I've started to top the pants all over the place, so far i think i've counted about 35 places where they've been topped. Here are the little bits, which i've kept for now...(no idea why!)

P1150515.JPG

The last thing is a bit of an issue. The one seedling that i put in the corner unit as a test to see whether i could grow straight from taprooted seed in a Root Riot cube in a 45ltr bubbler under LED, has basically now decided it's going to start growing like mad, and tbh i don't really know what to do with it, as it's so far behind the others, and i intend to scrog. I think i'm just going to leave it before i take the whole unit out and rearrange the bubblers pre scrog, because the way it's going in the past few days it might just catch up in the end.....and i really don't want to have to kill the tenacious little sod!

P1150509.JPG

Anyway, thanks for reading and i hope you are all well.

Doozy :)

Looking great dude, have you considered any defol to increase the length of the branches? You'll be able to get some amazing bushes if you get your scissors out :)

Looking great dude, have you considered any defol to increase the length of the branches? You'll be able to get some amazing bushes if you get your scissors out :)

Hiya mate, i'll be completely honest i know nothing about defol, i presume it refers to defoliation (?)...do you have a link to a decent guide anywhere?

Thanks loads and hope you're doing good, i'll pop over to your journal in a min :)

Cheers buddy, all is well in my world. Defol is defoliating leaves yes :) It is an amazing tool to use & control your plants growth with. I've always been a fan but never to the extremes I am doing now. Here's a link to Bassmans journal, he's no longer a member unfortunately but I'm following the extremes he sets out in here on my next batch of girls :)

Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

When you're over at mine you'll see stage one pics which I did on Ultimate Purple, pretty impressive results. I've since stripped them bare again last night bar from the very end fan leaves

Ok, so i've done a bit of research and i'm a little bit confused about defoliation. I understand it's a fairly controversial process, but i'm up for trying new things and keeping the ball rolling, so i have a couple of specific questions if you can help.

Where do i actually cut the leaf off, and do i cut it or snap it off, scissors or hands?

Below is a picture of one of my plants with a large fan leaf highlighted -

Defol1.jpg

And if i zoom in a bit more on the same leaf, highlighted in red is another branch growing almost out of the same place the fan leaf is -

Defol2.jpg

So if i wanted to remove that fan leaf, would i snap or cut the leaf off, and would i do it in point A, or point B?

Also, am i missing anything here....it really seems as simple as removing the leaves without potential budsites...

You can just nip the leaf off with your fingernail. Doesn't matter where, in few days the leafs leftover stem will dry out and fall off by itself.

Back
Top Bottom