Dr Kripplings The Incredible Bulk Big Bud X Super Skunk

Hi Chedz
On your light:
I grew for 2 yrs using 600w Mh for Veg and Hps for bloom.
I found, that I got better (best) results with a single "Eye Hortilux blue hps" for veg and bloom.
I would really try to get the temps down.
When my temps get 90deg F or more, my yield goes dowm, substantually.
I don't have an easy fix for you.
I have changed to using A 1000w now and increased my yield by 100+% in the same space. 4'x4'
good luck

Hey NF.
With the eye hortilux bulb did you notice a difference in temperatures or do all hps bulbs put out the same sort of heat?
Ive been thinking about a couple of ways of bringing the temperature down some, firstly I was looking at buying a fan controller however I'm not sure if this would actually make the fans work any harder, for example if when the fans are plugged into the mains then say they are working at 100% would a fan controller be able to put more power into them to get say 120%??

Secondly I was talking to my grow shop man about an air cooled hood and he said the best way to use one is to run ducting from two holes either end, one fan pulling fresh air through the hood and exhausting out the other end. Unfortunately my tent is set up in the corner of my shed so i would not be able to run ducting out of both sides, he did say that the 'ghetto' way of using the hood is to just attach the carbon filter to one end of the hood and exhaust the heat through the fan and out my existing hole, but he didn't like the idea of constant heat being sucked through the fan.

Like I've said before though we are having a hot period with the weather and I'm hoping that when the outside temps drop I haven't gone overkill with getting the temps down and then I struggle to keep the heat up lol. It's certainly a lot of work getting this all perfect but I'm definitely enjoying the challenge!!

Hi C
the eye hortilux bulb ls very efficient and i suspect the temp are lower than with a cheaper bulb.
A fan controller will only run your fan at 100% or lower.
Either way your going to get hot air through your fan.
I connect the carbon filter to fan to short ducting to glass enclosed hood to the outside via more ducting.
just one hole out.
I-0-<__>---->
You will need fresh air to the room.
I am in Ca, it can get hot here.
I live in a mobile and blow fresh cool air from under the mobile via a 4inch inline fan and ducting.

whats up chedz nice plants!! Am also growing incredible bulk seeds but theve stopped growing. Could you tell me how your feeding them please? I'm growing them in coco started in cup pot then repotted them into 5 litre pots. Its also taking 3 of them to dry out, the pots have been heavy for a few weeks now. ive put them under my 600 to dry out then i'll start feeding from scratch again. I veg them under a 240 cfl. Thanks in advance bro

Hey NF
That's a cool way to do it mate, so you're essentially pushing the hot air out of the hood right?
I do also have a 5 inch intake fan blowing in fresh air and I'd say cali is a lot hotter than here in England!! so I'm guessing that the air cooled hood should make a massive difference in temps. Will be well worth the £63 methinks.
In regards to the eye hortilux bulb they are not actually sold in the UK but i can get a 600w bulb imported from eBay for around £70.

Hiya bayboidaz.
I am quite new to growing myself and this is the first time I have grown these seeds so I may not be the best person to diagnose your problem mate. I have only just started giving mine the full dose of advanced nutrients as I repotted into all mix bio-bizz soil 10 days ago which has a food source mixed in, before I repotted I was feeding half the recommended dose of nute's. How long ago did you repot them? and have you veged under the cfl lamp successfully before as I veg mine under a 600hps light which I think would be a bit stronger, maybe you need more lights? Like I say I'm still a bit of a noob so you may be better off asking one of the veteran growers :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey NF
That's a cool way to do it mate, so you're essentially pushing the hot air out of the hood right?
I do also have a 5 inch intake fan blowing in fresh air and I'd say cali is a lot hotter than here in England!! so I'm guessing that the air cooled hood should make a massive difference in temps. Will be well worth the £63 methinks.
In regards to the eye hortilux bulb they are not actually sold in the UK but i can get a 600w bulb imported from eBay for around £70.

Yep, I blow it out. Tried to suck it out with fan/filter outside the room.
The odor was escaping before going out the filter.
A little high on the bulb, but well worth the $.
One other thing i do is grow in the new air pots
(think there made in Irland) they,re great.
I use the 7ltr and grow plants to 40inch.
You need to feed/water more often
(every 3 days), but incredable roots.
I do a feed/water/water.
Later

Hey man, sorry for the slow reply my dog got injured bad over the weekend so I wasn't on much. You want light of a more blue spectrum for vegging you can get that from MH or colour temps around 6500k. And yea go ahead and run it with the hps the more the merrier as long as you can control temps. They don't use much power so you may want to use a few (some are high wattage) and put them above or all around the plant

Thanks for replying mate. Yeah i veg'd 4 pineapple express, kripple shocks and 3 white widow in 5 litre pots under 1 240 cfl, plus i topped them and tied them down responded well to it. I did put them under a 600 for a week before flower though, ive got them in the 5 week of flower now and looking well. My incredible bulks are growing now after my mate giving me a bottle of first feed and they loved it. I think my problem wad overwatering them so now just giving them 200mls a day or every 2 days and they look better and my heads that I topped have finally started to grow back thank god. Yoyr plants are looking gd bro, you should try topping and tying down dyring 1 of your ops you get alot more main cola's

Yep, I blow it out. Tried to suck it out with fan/filter outside the room.
The odor was escaping before going out the filter.
A little high on the bulb, but well worth the $.
One other thing i do is grow in the new air pots
(think there made in Irland) they,re great.
I use the 7ltr and grow plants to 40inch.
You need to feed/water more often
(every 3 days), but incredable roots.
I do a feed/water/water.
Later

What size fan do you use to push the air through mate? I'm currently exhausting with a 5" fan but not sure if it would be man enough to push the air through the hood, I also have a spare 8" fan but size restrictions and noise put me off using it before however if needs must then I'll have to find a way around it. Also I checked out them air pots, they look awesome!! Something I'll definitely invest in (once my temps are sorted).

Thanks for replying mate. Yeah i veg'd 4 pineapple express, kripple shocks and 3 white widow in 5 litre pots under 1 240 cfl, plus i topped them and tied them down responded well to it. I did put them under a 600 for a week before flower though, ive got them in the 5 week of flower now and looking well. My incredible bulks are growing now after my mate giving me a bottle of first feed and they loved it. I think my problem wad overwatering them so now just giving them 200mls a day or every 2 days and they look better and my heads that I topped have finally started to grow back thank god. Yoyr plants are looking gd bro, you should try topping and tying down dyring 1 of your ops you get alot more main cola's

Wow mate sounds like your lights are more than enough if you're doing 8 plants under it! Yeah over-watering can be really bad I think, not good for the roots. Since re-potting I'm now watering 2 litres with feed every 2-3 days, I normally stick my finger in the soil about half inch to an inch deep and if I can feel any moisture then I leave them another day, I think watering a day or two late will be better than watering early. Topping is still something I haven't attempted yet and I'm a bit apprehensive to do it in case I get it wrong, maybe I'll try it on one plant this time and see if I can get it right. I also tied my last grow and ended up with half the bud I got from my first grow which I didn't tie so think i need to read up a bit more about it as I wasn't sure if I had to untie them again before flowering or leave them tied down (I ended up leaving them tied until the end and they didn't grow much bud) but then I also think i cut down too early so really confused as to where i went wrong last time!! lol.

Sorry to hear about your dog mantella, hope it's ok mate. I'm gonna check out some cfl's and maybe put some in one by one to see how the temps and plants react.

Just noticed I replied using my other account lol sorry and that wasnt my dog that was ill bud. Anyhoo I had 9 under under a 400 & a 600 watt but then my 3 widows got to big so gave them to my mate so left with 6, 2 kripple shocks and 4 pineapple express. I just want my incredible bulks big enough to go under my big lights in 4 weeks when these 6 are due down but having a little trouble with the coco drying up its a nightmare

Hi C
I use a Vortex 6 inch 449 CFM, but I am running a 1000watt, to a 6inch hood.
When I used a 600watt light, I used a 4inch with a 4 inch air cooled hood, again it was a Vortex.
It was plenty.

Hi chedz I too am growing incredible bulk and am 3 weeks in to flower growing in a growdrobe with an led and cfl combo, I'm getting a very lemony/citrusy smell at the moment which is incredible! Id been trying to find forums on it to compare and yours is the first I've come across so you are my first post on any forum ever! Really interested In how yours turns out keep us all posted!

Hi chedz I too am growing incredible bulk and am 3 weeks in to flower growing in a growdrobe with an led and cfl combo, I'm getting a very lemony/citrusy smell at the moment which is incredible! Id been trying to find forums on it to compare and yours is the first I've come across so you are my first post on any forum ever! Really interested In how yours turns out keep us all posted!

hey Flashash, you got any picture? Am also growing incredible bulk, got 5 under a 240 cfl atm while i top & tie them

Hi bay, I have got some photos but not sure how to upload them I will attempt tonight after work. I've made a mini scrog screen out of strimmer wire which has worked amazingly. I noticed the incredible bulk shoot plenty of pistils by the first week! I guess this is where the "bulk" comes from, the other strains I've grown always show after 2 weeks.

Yeah would love to see the scrogg. Nice so a nice early start to budding, my dr krippling kripple shock also had a gd start in flower. I had the fatest buds I e had for 3 weeks into flower but having a nightmare start to these bulks just wish they would start growing again. Ive got my kripple shocks & pineapple express's coming down in 21 days and was wanting to put bulks straight up but its not going as planned lol

IMG_057920.JPG
IMG_057826.JPG
IMG_056924.JPG
IMG_057021.JPG
IMG_057727.JPG

Back
Top Bottom