9 Big Bud Grow 2 x 600Watt HIDS

awesome grow so far...hope your big bud turns out great! I will be for sure checking in every now and then I am doing a strain that is big bud x nyc diesel x northern lights 8 of them. first grow as well....Hope to learn some things off your journal!
good luck we will finish around same time im hoping april 4th ish...:)

Hey dude,

Thanks for the comments man I'm hoping it goes as well as you. I've learnt one thing already get ready for shit popping up left right and centre so take care and every thing you think might be a problem...... Ask someone cause there is always someone on this site that knows the answer :)
I'll pop in and have a look at your grow if you got a forum started?

:peace:

Thanks man and yeah for sure I'm hoping this big bud won't be bad it's from sensi directly so shouldn't be to bad cause genetics are there :) what you growing and you got a grow forum?

Yeah ive heard good thing bout sensi, wont be a difficult plant to work with, I am currently growing a little dipper auto and 4 2 Pounders oth from kiwiseeds :slide: itd my 1st grow report on 420 and its going pretty good so far, these 2 pounder genetics are beasts, they grow like cabbage

image7658.jpg

The new cool tubes are now in guys and both 600 watt lights are now.... On!! :)

my advice is to keep doing what you are doing they look fantastic. Could you take a few pics and talk about your ventilation/heat exchange system?

I will take a few pictures and pop them up tomorrow for you. Thanks it's good to hear I'm doing a good job cause I worry about them constantly. I am going to use the scrog technique I think.

So on to the heat exchange ect.
I have a 6 inch carbon filter with a RVK 150 inline fan. Which moves about 400cfm I think. I know it's dam strong cause when on full power and when the tent is closed it will actually tighten all slack on the tent as in a inwards fashion. Then attached to my currently 600 watts metal halides with cool tubes. Out of the tent and into my bedroom which is the next room along. The old crappy inline fan kit that did not move enough air out of the tent I am now using for my active intake fan. I'm taking this cool air from my hallway again attached through a hole I made in the wall. I will pop up photos tomorrow.

I'm thinking of flowing in 7 days? What do you think?

so you suck air through your carbon filter then the fan pushes that air along the ducting through the cool tubes and then out of the room? Just curious to know about how the setup works.

I think flowering in 7 days seems like a good idea. Can't wait to see them blow up

so you suck air through your carbon filter then the fan pushes that air along the ducting through the cool tubes and then out of the room? Just curious to know about how the setup works.

I think flowering in 7 days seems like a good idea. Can't wait to see them blow up

You got it man, through the carbon filter over the lights and out the tent. It seems to be keeping temps perfect so that's good. What sort of set up are you running?
Yeah I think the same too when The new HPS lights give them that orange/red light spectrum they want so badly lol. Should be cool keep checking back won't be long. :)

I had a pretty big temp jump when I went from metal halide to HPS. I think the inline fan will def help.

You may want to consider buying a few cooltubes. Usually pretty cheap online. That's really your next best bet at lowering temps. Otherwise you could do an active cold air intake and if your temps outside are cold enough that would help. It would only be a temporary fix and depending on your weather there it could make it more difficult to keep consistent temps.

I would try the inline first. It may be able to keep it cool enough. Eventually you'll definitely want to get air cooled hoods though.

Hey man,

Things are looking up now that's to some good advice from yourself all taken on bored as you can see by current photos.

I'm not really running anything just yet as my plants aren't putting up a stink just yet. Just trying to get a feel if it's possible to run filter and a cooltube off one fan. Good to know I can.

good views thanks for the pics. Can't wait to be able to afford that kind of a setup.

you've got about another 4-5 days till flip right?

what nutes/ratios are you going to use for bloom?

good views thanks for the pics. Can't wait to be able to afford that kind of a setup.

you've got about another 4-5 days till flip right?

what nutes/ratios are you going to use for bloom?

I was going to flip but due to money I won't be flipping for about 12 days as can't afford new HPS bulbs till then. Lol. I'm using Bio bizz nutes as my friend recommended it. It's 1ml of each bio root, bio grow, bio heaven and then when flowering 1ml of bloom. That's per 1 litre of water. Great thing is there organic nutrients so Ph is always perfect and no way to get too much salt in soil as organic nutrients there is no salts so will never have nutrient lock out from that. :)

Back
Top Bottom