9 Big Bud Grow 2 x 600Watt HIDS

Hi everyone.

So I think it's time to flip, I've heard leaving them in darkness for 36 hours before flower is good technique to lower stress after being flipped to flower??

What do you all think of that?

:thumb:

That's a myth and doesn't do anything, their is no stress on the plants from changing light cycle to 12/12 from any other cycle. Some times i wonder where people come up with this stuff..lol Just switch over, and make sure there is NO light entering the tent when its supposed to be dark or it will effect flower time.

That's a myth and doesn't do anything, their is no stress on the plants from changing light cycle to 12/12 from any other cycle. Some times i wonder where people come up with this stuff..lol Just switch over, and make sure there is NO light entering the tent when its supposed to be dark or it will effect flower time.

Apparently it's all to do with the chemical plants use apparently and that is different during lights out to what it is when on. So I'm guess due to lowering the lights to 12 hours the idea would be to lower the amount of chemical there during lights on. I'm guessing that's science apparently it can improve yeilds in the end but who knows.....

Just what I heard. Lol

12 solid hours of dark is a natural signal. If anything 36 hours of darkness may be a minor stress. Since some light stress can cause hermies, why play with fire? More often than not, simple works. Lets get this first one under you belt before you start adding "tricks", or getting fancy.

How close are your lights? Should be close, but be ready for them to start stretching big time. Often jumping several inches daily. About 7-10 days post flip, their gonna try to reach the lights. Keep an eye out. Your girls are about to show you what they do... Big, sticky buds.

Kilo?

12 solid hours of dark is a natural signal. If anything 36 hours of darkness may be a minor stress. Since some light stress can cause hermies, why play with fire? More often than not, simple works. Lets get this first one under you belt before you start adding "tricks", or getting fancy.

How close are your lights? Should be close, but be ready for them to start stretching big time. Often jumping several inches daily. About 7-10 days post flip, their gonna try to reach the lights. Keep an eye out. Your girls are about to show you what they do... Big, sticky buds.

Kilo?

I was just told that it was helpful and can cause less stress but you right I should just get this one under my belt first but I'm a eager, enthusiastic person who always wants the best you see. That's my problem, lol!

The lights are quite close as there cool tubes so the temps are low From them. I hope they do stretch cause I feel like there not that tall but as I'm new to this I don't know how big is the light size to pop them into flower lol. I hope this sensi seeds big bud does show me what it's worth. :)

Kilo?... Hope so.

image7926.jpg

I've done it guys :)

:ciao: Alex, I found you again! You do have a forest in there. I just took a look at the pic on this page and it's a fine filled area you got!
I have some info for you on how to get a link to your grow in your signature, that way people can find you easier and when you post on other threads they can click on it to see your grow too.

Here's the how-to link:

How To Add Links To Signatures

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm going to go and see what I've missed on your grow. :thumb:

Yes, I say no to it. LOL
Personally, I think you would just confuse the poor plants. JMHO... Nature doesn't have 36 hours of darkness.(Well other than those regions that have months of dark and then months of light. LOL) It goes from long days to short days, etc. And that's how plants plan their growing. That's how I like to view it. I just did an experiment with time lapse on some plants. Believe it or not, the seedlings knew when they were supposed to sleep. They were actually dropping their leaves down just before the light actually went out. They have "biological clocks" too. There was a discussion about this on the thread, but just wanted to point that out here. Seemed to fit the subject.
And CONGRATS! you have your grow in your signature! :thumb:

I have just caught up with every post, you've had some great help here and have asked some very good questions. Excellent job so far. :circle-of-love:

Yes, I say no to it. LOL
Personally, I think you would just confuse the poor plants. JMHO... Nature doesn't have 36 hours of darkness.(Well other than those regions that have months of dark and then months of light. LOL) It goes from long days to short days, etc. And that's how plants plan their growing. That's how I like to view it. I just did an experiment with time lapse on some plants. Believe it or not, the seedlings knew when they were supposed to sleep. They were actually dropping their leaves down just before the light actually went out. They have "biological clocks" too. There was a discussion about this on the thread, but just wanted to point that out here. Seemed to fit the subject.
And CONGRATS! you have your grow in your signature! :thumb:

I have just caught up with every post, you've had some great help here and have asked some very good questions. Excellent job so far. :circle-of-love:

Yeah I did think that when I heard it but when you hear something a few times you start to correct if it is the right method. You see I'm all about adapting the best skills as quick as possible. :) some like to say take it easy your first grow but I've topped and lst trained 6 of the them and most told me not to do that but those 6 are looking ace!! :)

I agree with everything you said canna and think your right so best to switch em into 12/12 normally.

Yeah the signature is all done hopefully the flowering goes to plan!!!

:circle-of-love:

can't wait to start seeing pre flowers on those girls. Are you going to flush before you swap over? Or are you just going to switch things around and if so what do you plan on using for bloom?

can't wait to start seeing pre flowers on those girls. Are you going to flush before you swap over? Or are you just going to switch things around and if so what do you plan on using for bloom?

I know me neither :) well I'm using organic nutrients but I'm still goin g to give go a flush and to get any excess nitrogen before flower. I'm using bio boom, bio heaven and bio top max nutrients :)

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom