DrZiggy's 1st Journal Featuring High Brix - LEDs & Cool Strains

re: DrZiggy's 1st Journal Featuring Doc Buds High Brix Kit - LEDs & Cool Strains

Hey Dr Ziggy!!!!! Hope there is still room for me :) I can't believe this is your first journal!!! So happy to be subbed! You look like you have a ton going on.... plants everywhere, extracts, baked goods, man...... two green thumbs up for sure!!!!!!

re: DrZiggy's 1st Journal Featuring Doc Buds High Brix Kit - LEDs & Cool Strains

Ziggs, everything is looking really great, as expected from an intelligent constant learner. So many uses for the products you made.

I'm following of course. Your strain selection looks like my ace wish list. So many sativas and docs kit, i willie can't wait to see the show!

Subbed as well. I love reading / watching these high brix grows!

One quick newb question - and I apologize in advance for not using search - I just like sticking to HB threads so that my brain can form an uncluttered and unified grow grok from the start ;)

Can you please explain the assumed benefits of upcanning? Those pics of three pots stacked with soil overflowing into one another are a trip!

Looking forward to watching this grow unfold. Thanks man.

Hi Kenosis,
The goal of tiered transplants (upcanning) is to not strangle the taproot and allow it to grow down into the bigger pots to make it believe it has been in the big pit its whole life. This allows it to form nice roots in each of the levels for a better root system when force flowering from seed. 12/12 from seed or autoflower. This is ONLY journal I could find with tiered photos. All others have been with autos so it'll be interesting to see his yields on these photos :) hope that helps. Google growing hefty autos for a long thread on this discussion. (Its from another forum so I won't link here)

Hi kenosis, welcome!
Upcanning is when you go from a smaller pot, hopefully its close to or is root bound, into a bigger pot. This allows the roots to expand in more soil. Bigger root balls, bigger plants, etc..
The tiered planting is for that purpose and for space. Vertical space :). I tried this as an experiment last time with imo, really good results. From smallish pots I got decent sized plants from being tiered. This grow Im doing several things.
First thing, Im doing a journal. :)
I chopped the last plant that leased that pot at the soil line during harvest. I Left the root ball intact in those pots. I made believe that each pot was a pile of soil, which it is, and I top dressed with some EWC, some 1x used soil, docs kit Amendment, Roots, and watered with some Transplant/Tea. Kept it moist with water, Tea until the plants were ready to upcan.
I just have upcanned the 2 WNs and Colombian. Pics later.
Another thing Im trying at same time, is im growing from seed 11/13. I dont know how much the growth (veg) of the plant will be limited when grown this way. Normally people like to veg for awhile before flipping to flower. There was no flipping just like growing 12/12 from seed, which I never did, but many here have. :)

i'm loving the energy and passion on this grow mate.

Great methods and techniques beyond the classics, this will be a very entertaining and intresting project.

If you don't mind me asking, how long into Veg you need to be in order to have enough leaves so you can measure brix consistently ?

i'm loving the energy and passion on this grow mate.

Great methods and techniques beyond the classics, this will be a very entertaining and intresting project.

If you don't mind me asking, how long into Veg you need to be in order to have enough leaves so you can measure brix consistently ?

Great question.. I dont yet have a refractometer..if you ask that question in Doc Buds High Brix Q & A thread, he'll or someone else will answer :)

damn crowded for sure and 5 pages in a day...very nice dr Z!! subbed and happy to be here, you def have a lot going on, its great to see you in action now!!:high-five: :surf::bravo:

I see you are doing the tiered pots for the autos...have you tried putting your auto seeds straight into the final pot instead of jacking with the roots so much??
Ive grown several autos now in Docs kit with tremendous results. autos are easy to grow but autos in the kit...SUPER EASY LOL:)
I journaled them all incase you wanna look back, some were outside grown and some inside all started in final containers. I haven't read the hefty auto thread but from a few years experience with autos specifically I personaly always suggest against tiered autos, they just always come out WAYY smaller, and that's in the side by sides ive done.

To each their own just wanna share my thoughts with you :)

Amazing pics of EVERYTHING going on in your cannaworld +rep:high-five::high-five:

I'm subbed. I'm very interested in seeing how you're up canning does on the tiering. I put a 3 gal smartpot on top of my 5 gal and had roots coming out off the bottom within 2 weeks. Looking forward to your grow.:Namaste:

S G A, thank you for the suggestions. I have run autos directly started in their final pot. Im actually running the autos this grow since theyre the ones I made, and curious and excited about the pot-luck :thumb: I will experience.
I will definitely review your grows, again. :)

I'm subbed. I'm very interested in seeing how you're up canning does on the tiering. I put a 3 gal smartpot on top of my 5 gal and had roots coming out off the bottom within 2 weeks. Looking forward to your grow.:Namaste:

Hi, high 420kwats and welcome! We will go through the learning process together, thats why this place is so great..
A weed cooperative..:)

Right on!

Its badass that you used Toker's method to get some CS pollen, I too crossed female seeds auto ak with auto seeds berry ryder using his method but haven't got a chance to grow any out :)
Ive got my eye particularly on your own crosses, just so interesting to see what the final creation becomes.

Do you have any pollen ready to cross with one of your made strains incase you find a keeper??

Sir grow, no pollen left. I used it for my auto seed grow. I will do the CS pollen again sometime this yr. maybe with the ACE seeds? :) I have many souveniers, as the seed companies say. :thumb: I got 100s of self made ones..I also have many purchased ones with more coming due to back order :)
I think I have space issues...I over planted seeds and did not expect the # of females I got from the regular seeds..great deal when you get the girls!:)
Hmmmm...
Pictures coming in a few.

Ok, pictures from this morning..upcanned the 2 WNs, and the Colombian, sprayed with DeStress
image17724.jpg

Colombian in Window Box
image17721.jpg

Auto JH x Amnesia XXL
image17720.jpg

Crowded Tent
image17726.jpg
image17727.jpg

Back
Top Bottom