Emmie's LSD Grow Log

Hi Emilya! Just caught up, and I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm wondering about your day/night temps during stretch. I found that if they were the same or very close to it the stretch would be minimal. Could that be a factor for you?

It's always fascinating reading your threads. Lots to think about. Take care!
Hi Bubba! I don't know, because I have exactly the opposite as far as temp here... I go low into the 50's sometimes at night and then up to 75 during the day. Without spending a lot to control the climate up in my attic grow rooms, this is how it is going to be. Other than some dramatic fall leaf colorings, I have not seen much of an effect on my plants because of the less than optimal temperature swings that my plants are being forced to deal with. Springtime grows where the temps are more even, still produce dramatic stretch, at least until I installed the trigger lights. The deep and far red coming on for even 10 minutes before the lights go on every day, seems to have a dramatic effect on the stretch and internodal spacing. Plants grown with these trigger lights appear to be much more compact and with no need to stretch more than about 33% of the final veg height. I will be carefully watching as we move back into spring and more even temps, to see if I can see any additional effect.

I looked for a long time for exactly what I wanted and this is why I have taken such pains to have you find it. Yes, the shipping is more than the product, but you wont find a product of this quality for three times the price... in deep and far red this is the best I found, especially at this low price

There is no ideal wattage... there is no standard in the LED game. Go for at least 800-1000 ppfd and pay attention to actual draw from the wall, not the claimed led wattage. Trust the big names who are also sponsors of this forum.
Well Em, you talked me into it!
I 'Pre-ordered' an LED light from one of the site sponsors! $300, 350W LED with a ppfd pattern that has the range you are recommending.
And I'm going to order the R/FR LED strip you recommended, also.
As for powering this strip, did you say you are using a small CC/CV power supply?
Is there a simpler way to power it? Like an LED power supply? Would it need a dimmer or some current limiter inline?

I'm so far off from putting a lock on the grow room door... :rolleyes: I'm in no hurry. And thanks again for all your help!

(Hey, I'm not seeing your signature links today? I wasn't finished going through them.:) Did I change a setting?)

Well Em, you talked me into it!
I 'Pre-ordered' an LED light from one of the site sponsors! $300, 350W LED with a ppfd pattern that has the range you are recommending.
And I'm going to order the R/FR LED strip you recommended, also.
As for powering this strip, did you say you are using a small CC/CV power supply?
Is there a simpler way to power it? Like an LED power supply? Would it need a dimmer or some current limiter inline?

I'm so far off from putting a lock on the grow room door... :rolleyes: I'm in no hurry. And thanks again for all your help!

(Hey, I'm not seeing your signature links today? I wasn't finished going through them.:) Did I change a setting?)
Now you're talking! They do sell small CC power supplies on the site but I went with a small 1 Amp supply from meanwell. There is no need for a dimmer. My signature lines are so long that they can be annoying so I don't always add them but I do include them at least once on any thread, just scroll up or go to the first or last entry on any of my threads. I have the mandatory lock for the door going to my attic grow rooms but I admit that it is usually hanging on a hook to the side of the door.

Catching up on the bookkeeping here. The total length of the grow so far is 169 days, or 5 months, 2 weeks and 2 days. The Amnesia F2 in the room is of an unknown bloom period, but careful study of this plant seems to indicate it to be a 12 week bloom, so it got watered last night after 6 days between waterings. I should have given a last application of @GeoFlora Nutrients , but I forgot. Not knowing the bloom period is making this decision, to feed or not to feed, a difficult one. I will probably water that one again soon, this time with what should probably be the last feeding. The LSD plants have been blooming for 7 weeks and 4 days and have been without water for 7 days. When the LSD plants come out of their 11 day drought, they should be very close to harvest time.

Timing will be seat of your pants with the far red running huh? I'm reading they mature a couple of weeks early with it?
Not on this run, I think the bugs and the early unintentional droughts haves stunted them a bit. At best, these are maybe a week ahead. The extending the day out to 13/11 might be affecting that end time too. I think harvest looks to be within two weeks, some further along than the others.

Today was day 11 of the drought. We are 8 weeks and a day into bloom. The plants actually don't look as bad as I expected them to, and each plant seems to be doing its own thing at this point. There are 2 plants that are almost ready to go into the dark and harvest. The trichomes are turning amber just below the top bud and a few more days will bring it right up to the top. A couple of the plants are just a bit behind them, maybe a week out yet.

Bottom line, the drought seems to have worked as advertised. The trichomes are definitely thicker, longer and more numerous. The amnesia plant appears to be in its last few weeks, maybe 2, so I started its drought today and in 11 days we will re-evaluate.

I admit, this looks like a great way to finish these plants and I will be trying this again. Soon we will send the remaining Amnesias and the 3 Bushmans to bloom, and at their end, we will try this again. The bushmans are 7 week plants, so we will do the drought at the 6th week. I will know just how long the Amnesia go by then, and we will attempt to get the drought in on the 2nd week from the end.

On the next rounds, I will try a couple of side by side tests with more controlled plants than these have been. The implications of the University study, specifically studying the growing of cannabis can not be ignored, and if the results are as impressive as it seems, it will just be a matter of time before this draughting for 11 days on the 7th week will be the standard for growing this plant and other oil based herbs. I am not quite there yet, but if I end up seeing significant benefit on every plant I put through the process, I am willing to change. Time will tell and proof is in the pudding... I have been saying this for years and I might have to follow the guidance of my own words. Thank goodness that I am still young enough to change so drastically. :rofl: :laugh::rolleyes:

Today was day 11 of the drought. We are 8 weeks and a day into bloom. The plants actually don't look as bad as I expected them to, and each plant seems to be doing its own thing at this point. There are 2 plants that are almost ready to go into the dark and harvest. The trichomes are turning amber just below the top bud and a few more days will bring it right up to the top. A couple of the plants are just a bit behind them, maybe a week out yet.

Bottom line, the drought seems to have worked as advertised. The trichomes are definitely thicker, longer and more numerous. The amnesia plant appears to be in its last few weeks, maybe 2, so I started its drought today and in 11 days we will re-evaluate.

I admit, this looks like a great way to finish these plants and I will be trying this again. Soon we will send the remaining Amnesias and the 3 Bushmans to bloom, and at their end, we will try this again. The bushmans are 7 week plants, so we will do the drought at the 6th week. I will know just how long the Amnesia go by then, and we will attempt to get the drought in on the 2nd week from the end.

On the next rounds, I will try a couple of side by side tests with more controlled plants than these have been. The implications of the University study, specifically studying the growing of cannabis can not be ignored, and if the results are as impressive as it seems, it will just be a matter of time before this draughting for 11 days on the 7th week will be the standard for growing this plant and other oil based herbs. I am not quite there yet, but if I end up seeing significant benefit on every plant I put through the process, I am willing to change. Time will tell and proof is in the pudding... I have been saying this for years and I might have to follow the guidance of my own words. Thank goodness that I am still young enough to change so drastically. :rofl: :laugh::rolleyes:
Wow. Who'dve thunk it? Flexible, even at your advanced age. Congratulations. :laugh:

My 5 LSD plants have just been moved to the 36 hours of darkness, having shown me 2% amber in the very top growth. One of the plants died and is simply drying out and turning brown as we wait for the other plants to finish up. The other 4 have definitely responded to the drought by growing more trichomes and enhancing the ones that were there. I have no before and after pictures because my camera is acting up and I just wasn't proud of the plants that I ended up with. Notes to myself include being sure to not do early droughts and to take thrips a lot more seriously in the future. All in all, provided the peroxide in the bud washing process gets rid of most of the thrips, I am not very proud of this harvest and am glad that I have another one coming in about 45 days. The next round is already 2 days into the flip and I expect a much better showing from the 3 Bushmans and 2 Amnesias in that round. I am spraying every 2-3 days with SNS 203 and regularly putting SNS 209 in the water, and I am sure that with a good effort, I can get rid of the bugs well before harvest this time. As soon as they are available, I will be bringing in a herd of ladybugs to help in the grow rooms too.

So all of my pictures are flawed by the blurry spot in the middle of my lens. I will add some microscope pictures this evening. Without the added trichomes that happened because of the 11 day drought, I would be considering throwing out this batch, but I think the drought may have saved them and turned it into at least B quality pot. I won't know until its washed, dried and cured a bit, but I am actually excited to smoke some of this and see what really happened.

Here is my prize plant, all bent over after the drought, ugly, but sporting some pretty good looking buds once all the yuck is cleared away.
DSCF0287.JPG

Here are a few bad closeup shots of the buds, and please excuse the quality... I am working on the camera situation.

DSCF0295.JPG

DSCF0293.JPG

DSCF0291.JPG

DSCF0290.JPG

My 5 LSD plants have just been moved to the 36 hours of darkness, having shown me 2% amber in the very top growth. One of the plants died and is simply drying out and turning brown as we wait for the other plants to finish up. The other 4 have definitely responded to the drought by growing more trichomes and enhancing the ones that were there. I have no before and after pictures because my camera is acting up and I just wasn't proud of the plants that I ended up with. Notes to myself include being sure to not do early droughts and to take thrips a lot more seriously in the future. All in all, provided the peroxide in the bud washing process gets rid of most of the thrips, I am not very proud of this harvest and am glad that I have another one coming in about 45 days. The next round is already 2 days into the flip and I expect a much better showing from the 3 Bushmans and 2 Amnesias in that round. I am spraying every 2-3 days with SNS 203 and regularly putting SNS 209 in the water, and I am sure that with a good effort, I can get rid of the bugs well before harvest this time. As soon as they are available, I will be bringing in a herd of ladybugs to help in the grow rooms too.

So all of my pictures are flawed by the blurry spot in the middle of my lens. I will add some microscope pictures this evening. Without the added trichomes that happened because of the 11 day drought, I would be considering throwing out this batch, but I think the drought may have saved them and turned it into at least B quality pot. I won't know until its washed, dried and cured a bit, but I am actually excited to smoke some of this and see what really happened.

Here is my prize plant, all bent over after the drought, ugly, but sporting some pretty good looking buds once all the yuck is cleared away.
DSCF0287.JPG

Here are a few bad closeup shots of the buds, and please excuse the quality... I am working on the camera situation.

DSCF0295.JPG

DSCF0293.JPG

DSCF0291.JPG

DSCF0290.JPG
Ugly or not, they look ultra frosty, that's for sure. Hope they turn out better than B grade. Otherwise looks like great extract material.

It was mentioned that someone wanted to see an LSD grow log... seems she has been a tempermental girl for several people. Let's see how she does with me.

After a slow start with 2 bad bulbs in the veg room, I give you 2 week old, LSD:
DSCF51154.JPG
DSCF51142.JPG

So far so good... this should be a purely organic grow... she has known nothing other than AACT brews and distilled water.

Hi @Emilya !
So sorry, I am trying to read all of your threads as I get time, and this one caught my eye.
I made it to the start of page 3 last night, and then I zonked out (1AM), but I want to finish it.

Sorry if you answered this later in the thread, but is there a reason you chose nothing other than AACT?
Does it dislike regular organic fertilizers (like, say, BioNova Veganics)?
Or is this an experiment, to see what she will do only with AACT?

Thank you for all of your amazing articles! They are helping so much!

Hi @Emilya !
So sorry, I am trying to read all of your threads as I get time, and this one caught my eye.
I made it to the start of page 3 last night, and then I zonked out (1AM), but I want to finish it.

Sorry if you answered this later in the thread, but is there a reason you chose nothing other than AACT?
Does it dislike regular organic fertilizers (like, say, BioNova Veganics)?
Or is this an experiment, to see what she will do only with AACT?

Thank you for all of your amazing articles! They are helping so much!
My desire at the time was to get completely away from bottled nutrients, fully immersing myself in the TLO organic method.

Ok, got it. Thank you!
So I will experiment...
Your articles are absolutely the best!
Thinking good thoughts and prayers for you and your family here...
(And I hope to get time to read the Rev's book someday...)

Back
Top Bottom