Pantagruel's Return - Pure Kush - LSD - Red Dragon - Blue Widow

Did an extreme defol yesterday. Second pic shows a nice recovery today. Third pic is my new ViparSpectra that just arrived today. Visually it is a whole lot brighter than my TopLed 96, and the full spectrum colours with bloom on are a lot nicer to look at too. The veg is hella blue though.

defol_004.JPG

ViparSpectra_003.JPG

Up-potted, ready for the last couple of weeks of veg. Keeping the temp up around 75 and the RH 60 now. The ladies seem to be liking the Vipar at 18".

Repotted_003.JPG

Looking good eh! The mars works ok for yang which is gooe. You put both in there it should be really good. I went with the fusion hut tent from growlights canada site. Got the 4x6 but didn't spend the extra for 1680d. The thinner is fine for me, I just wish I had of for the 1 inch poles. I got 2 of them reflectors though and built some cobs and add extra where needed. Small space like you got there should be easier to light.

:thumb:nice training, More defoliation than I have seen. Subbed, time to learn something new:Namaste:

Welcome Dynamo! I like your 'old school' setup. I'm also really interested in your quantum board build.

My first grow with the HPS was my best in terms of weight per plant, mind you I let those get pretty big. I like to do a lot of training and it tends to slow growth so this time I am working on my patience. I also have a height limit though as my new tent is only 5 feet. Overall it gives much much better control of the temp and humidity.

Getting anxious to flip these ladies. Looking at some pics from just before I took a break, this is my Durban-Lights cross of Durban Poison and NL. I think there is /was a strain for sale called Urban Poison. a stabilized version. These F1's are really nice and vigorous, I have at least 50 more. From the size you can see, as I said, I need to be more patient with the veg. The bottom pic is Kali Mist x Red Dragon at harvest. Looks like I should have given it a couple more weeks - pure Kali Mist takes at least 13 weeks. That was my very last harvest 2 1/2 years ago.

Apr18DL02.jpg

Jul27Harvest.jpg

I topped the highest branches on the Blue widow and the Red Dragon to slow the growth (plus get more tops). For the LSD and the Pure Kush I am trying a new LST method bending the branches into shape with heavy washers. Quick and effective, easy to adjust too!
:)
DSC_049617.JPG

DSC_049320.JPG

That plant is looking really strong brother!!

Thanks VS! Going into flower next week.

Say, when you are growing males, do you have a special flowering room set up just for them? I've only use pollen from herms before but I am going to run some regulars next time so any tips you'd care to share would be great!

Thanks VS! Going into flower next week.

Say, when you are growing males, do you have a special flowering room set up just for them? I've only use pollen from herms before but I am going to run some regulars next time so any tips you'd care to share would be great!

Well....my setups a bit different. All my flowering takes place in the upstairs spare bedroom in the 4x4 tent. All my vegging takes place down stairs in either the tent or on my work table (has a huge T5 over it). With males, I wait til I find a good one. When I have a good one, I clone it. They produce a shit ton of pollen so I have no use to flower out a huge male. I clone it and get to take and up to a manageable size and then flower it. Feel free to take two clones if you intend to keep that males genetics around......growing it out and cloning it is a great way to keep a plant a manageable size. I suppose you could then flower the big male out and harvest that pollen and put it in the freezer if you wanted to.

Next round I am going to train the clone so that it grows in a manner that allows easier pollen harvest (one of my lessons learned last go around....think ahead to future steps in the process).

My suggestion if you intend to breed is pretty simple and straight forward. First you have to understand that pollination process and how long it takes. Generally experts agree that when pollen hits pistils, it takes about 20-30 minutes for that pistil and flower to successfully pollinate. So the process doesn't take long. But it can be dangerous to the rest of your crop if you aren't careful. What do I mean about that? Well a plant can hold a lot of active pollen on it and if you don't neutralize the remaining active pollen it can pollinate the rest of your crop.....especially if you have fans blowing.

I would simply put the female you want to pollinate down and you can either hold the male above it, tap the plant a few times and watch the pollen land on the flowers (I like to wait until about day 20 ish) and wait an hour or two. I would then spray the shit out of that plant with water so that any stray pollen is rendered useless. Put the female back in your tent and all your other plants will be protected because you sprayed her down really well. You can repeat that process a couple times if you wanted.

You could also have a smaller separate tent and allow the pollination to happen naturally. Thats what I did with my ATF. I had a smaller female plant in there from clone and I set the male clone in there with her and had a fan blowing over the male. I produced more than 3k seeds on a small plant that way (I used the buds for oil).

There are a lot of ways you can do breeding at home.....I guess my best help could be offered if I had an idea of how your full set up and the optional areas you have for any males you might grow.

:thumb:if you want to have everything pollinated leave it in with the girls otherwise he should hang out with other guy's or be by himself. Spray water to neutralize pollen, Careful,unless you want babies, nature is very good at finding a way to reproduce.:Namaste:

Thanks for joining the group grow Pantagruel! The more CanCon the better - Canada Guy, Swagg, and I are all fellow Canadians.

Wow. That is a lot of fantastic information VS, thanks!!!. I really like the idea of cloning the male, never thought of that. I was planning just to flower one and freeze, but so much better to just keep clones around. Thanks!!!

Thanks for joining the group grow Pantagruel! The more CanCon the better - Canada Guy, Swagg, and I are all fellow Canadians.

Super idea Dobe. Can't wait to see the results.
:party:

:thumb:if you want to have everything pollinated leave it in with the girls otherwise he should hang out with other guy's or be by himself. Spray water to neutralize pollen, Careful,unless you want babies, nature is very good at finding a way to reproduce.:Namaste:

Face piles of trials with smiles, it riles them to believe you perceive the web they weave and go on thinking free

Love your sig dynamo1. I am a Moody Blues fanatic! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom