Pantagruel's Return - Pure Kush - LSD - Red Dragon - Blue Widow

Decided I will try ordering some seeds online. I want to build up a decent selection and produce a nice stockpile of custom strains. I'm going to go with Crop King: Dark Angel, Afghani, and Green Crack. Wish I still had my greenhouse.... :)

As I recall they were Dutch Passion

Nice grow dude - gonna pull up a chair :nomo:

My current grow was going to be Durban Poison but my shop was sold out at the time I wanted to plant - definitely next grow.

I come from the Durban area and we would often score nice wild dagga. It's not as strong as the modern selectively bred Durban Poison, but if smoked neat it had the same euphoric and energetic high. It was not uncommon to come across a wild plant as big as a tree just growing in one of the secluded kloofs. I was also privileged enough to be invited to see a village plantation of Swazi Gold in the Transkei (not far from Durban). Rolling hills of green gold. Again not nearly as strong as modern strains but great to see ancient strains still growing in the wild.

Nice grow dude - gonna pull up a chair :nomo:

My current grow was going to be Durban Poison but my shop was sold out at the time I wanted to plant - definitely next grow.

I come from the Durban area and we would often score nice wild dagga. It's not as strong as the modern selectively bred Durban Poison, but if smoked neat it had the same euphoric and energetic high. It was not uncommon to come across a wild plant as big as a tree just growing in one of the secluded kloofs. I was also privileged enough to be invited to see a village plantation of Swazi Gold in the Transkei (not far from Durban). Rolling hills of green gold. Again not nearly as strong as modern strains but great to see ancient strains still growing in the wild.

Very cool. Thanks and welcome aboard!

I love the idea of landrace strains (which Durban is). That's why I picked the Afghani for my next purchase, it's also a landrace. Looking forward to creating some unique and hopefully potent strains with strong landrace influence one day....

Decided I will try ordering some seeds online. I want to build up a decent selection and produce a nice stockpile of custom strains. I'm going to go with Crop King: Dark Angel, Afghani, and Green Crack. Wish I still had my greenhouse.... :)

I can't wait to get our property. Ms Stank and I are looking for someplace out in the mountains, away from things so that we can grow in private. I would love to be able to do some summertime grows in the greenhouse along with grow room growing. Some day!!

Congrats on the new seeds. I have been wanting to grow out some Green Crack for a while. I have some of the beans from Humboldt Seeds but it didn't make the list for my perpetual. I might have to see about adding one in there.

Durban beans are poppin' left and right. I figured out the first batch were from the poorer phenotype so I did another batch. Only one will be for a long-term flux project, so I'll be able to choose the best of the best. The rest will be stressed to try for some pollen. I like the idea of using pure landrace strains in my genetics. That's why I picked up the Afghani.

Started the LST training. My method is pretty basic, I use garden ties to attach a high branch to a low branch, pulling the high one down and the low one up. Hopefully ending up with a nice even canopy. The LSD's a bit of an oddball and doesn't look like she will get too big, hasn't even been topped. The other three are coming along nicely. About half-way through veg at this point.

Grow_Jan24_003.JPG

Red Dragon restrained. The Pure Kush is really evening out nicely, pics on her later this weekend.

I think I fried the Durban babies under the LED. stupid.

LST_0022.JPG

Didn't think so. The pot was covered in saran and they were at least 2 ft from the lights and off to the side even. It's all good. I'm germing another whole batch and I won't be lazy this time I'll set the T5 up for them. :oops:

Didn't think so. The pot was covered in saran and they were at least 2 ft from the lights and off to the side even. It's all good. I'm germing another whole batch and I won't be lazy this time I'll set the T5 up for them. :oops:

I really like T5s for starting seedlings under. I use it for my clones as well.....had great success. Hopefully you can get some DP up and running soon brother.

I really like T5s for starting seedlings under. I use it for my clones as well.....had great success. Hopefully you can get some DP up and running soon brother.

Ya, when I first got my LEDs I wanted to use them for everything but the really small plants grew almost double under the T5. I think for early veg it can't be beat.

Ya, when I first got my LEDs I wanted to use them for everything but the really small plants grew almost double under the T5. I think for early veg it can't be beat.

I agree. Though I haven't tried starting any under my viparspectra which has a switches to go from veg to flower. Perhaps it would work, but I like the lower wattage of the T5 and the fact I can have it very close to the plants. My T5 probably only sits 6 inches above my seedlings. I usually move my plants to the LED at about 14 days from breaking the soil. I figure if it works, go with it.

Looking good sir.

I have a tent similar. I have a 204W (450W equivalent) LED fixture now. And had to add 2- T5HO fixtures. But I’m thinking of adding another.

I’d be curious how you find the new LED

Yes, I'm dying to try it out too. Neil said he ran out of stock in his US warehouse so it is shipping from China. Hope to see it in the next few days.

I've been defoliating pretty constantly, mostly removing interior leaves to let light through. The Blue Widow is showing a nice flat top, which is what I go for. The Pure Kush is a more open pheno and shows some nice tight node spacing going on. Luckily the tap water in our new house seems to be a lot better than our old. I hate fiddling with PH, I always end up causing myself more problems. Watering every 3 days, alternating GH FNG at 2200 ppm concentration and CalMag at 500 ppm. The tent is consistently 72-78 F and 44-50% RH (although it does get pretty cold at night, maybe 60, doesn't seem to be causing any problems and it will be good for colouring the Blue Widow up during flower I think).

Canopy2_001.JPG

Canopy2_005.JPG

I've been defoliating pretty constantly, mostly removing interior leaves to let light through. The Blue Widow is showing a nice flat top, which is what I go for. The Pure Kush is a more open pheno and shows some nice tight node spacing going on. Luckily the tap water in our new house seems to be a lot better than our old. I hate fiddling with PH, I always end up causing myself more problems. Watering every 3 days, alternating GH FNG at 2200 ppm concentration and CalMag at 500 ppm. The tent is consistently 72-78 F and 44-50% RH (although it does get pretty cold at night, maybe 60, doesn't seem to be causing any problems and it will be good for colouring the Blue Widow up during flower I think).

Canopy2_001.JPG

Canopy2_005.JPG

Some nice training brother. Very nice canape. How much longer are you going to keep them in those pots.....I only ask because it looks like the soil has settled quite a bit. If you have any more, I would consider topping off the pot. No big deal, I just like full pots LOL

Ya, they are moving up in a few more days, soon as I find some soil. Not the easiest to source around here in the winter.

LOL, you mean you can't go just cut frozen chunks of it and throw it in the back of your truck up there?

LOL, you mean you can't go just cut frozen chunks of it and throw it in the back of your truck up there?

Rofl! My regular farm supply store lets their stock drop in the winter. I found some promix with the timed release nutes but I think if I just cut it 50% with BX and perlite it should work ok.

Seeds arrived. Dark Angel, Afghani, Green Crack. The Afghani is regular, other two are fem.

I cancelled my PS Mini - 11 days and it still hadn't shipped. Grabbed a ViparSpectra 450 - that and the Mars should give me lots of lux. Be here day after tomorrow.

seeds_0051.JPG

Back
Top Bottom