Pantagruel's Return - Pure Kush - LSD - Red Dragon - Blue Widow

Ahh...the fan/filter showed up but not the tent. In the meantime, here's the family. The LSD had issues from the start, not a great little plant unfortunately. The Pure Kush looks like fimmed it - has 4 nice tops.

collage2017grow.jpg

Hmmm. Thinking about upping my lighting. I used to run two TopLed (now Mars) 96x3 reflectors over a 3x4 area. Since I took a break I sold one of those. So now I'm thinking my single 96x3 drawing about 190 watts may be a little light (a little light, get it?). LOL. I do have a 400 w HPS kicking around but that's a lot of heat I don't want to deal with.

I'm a little stale on the latest and greatest. Any suggestions on a great bang for the buck LED suitable for a 2x4? :scratchinghead:

Hmmm. Thinking about upping my lighting. I used to run two TopLed (now Mars) 96x3 reflectors over a 3x4 area. Since I took a break I sold one of those. So now I'm thinking my single 96x3 drawing about 190 watts may be a little light (a little light, get it?). LOL. I do have a 400 w HPS kicking around but that's a lot of heat I don't want to deal with.

I'm a little stale on the latest and greatest. Any suggestions on a great bang for the buck LED suitable for a 2x4? :scratchinghead:

You should take a look at the Perfect Sun Dwarf Star. It pulls about 250 watts from the wall. I think it would be perfect for a 2x4 especially if you throw that Mars in there with it. They aren't badly priced either. Lots of people on here growing with them. They are one of our sponsors.

I'm sold on the Perfect Sun; hopefully there'll be a sale in the next few weeks...Meantime, my Green Leaf tent finally got here. This is the lightweight version, a real steal at $140. Seems pretty sturdy, lots of vent ports and a nice viewing window.

Tent_0111.JPG

Tent_0123.JPG

Tent_0131.JPG

Tent_0142.JPG

Climate in the tent is an improvement - 25C and 45% - so I hope that will encourage some good growth. The wife just got some Lemon Diesel. Man, that stuff is, as they say, da bomb. She really likes it although it does give her a bit of anxiety occasionally. It's definitely my kind of strain. Going to try to find some beans locally if I can.

Nice tent brother. Never tried Lemon Diesel but I assume its gotta be great! I just snagged some Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze seeds the other day (Sour Diesel x Super Silver Haze). Looking forward to trying it.

Sounds like the wife is more of a hybrid or indica girl if thats giving her anxiety. I would recommend her backing off one hit and see if that reduces or eliminates it. Ms Stank can get a bit as well if she takes too much of a sativa.

Thanks VS! Looks like there are no LD beans around here. I like it enough that I may just do a road trip though. Nervous about getting seeds through the post.

I see you have a new perpetual thread going - got to check that out after dinner! Cheers.

Thanks VS! Looks like there are no LD beans around here. I like it enough that I may just do a road trip though. Nervous about getting seeds through the post.

I see you have a new perpetual thread going - got to check that out after dinner! Cheers.

Yeah, switching to a perpetual. I love the training of the plants.....and other than harvest, training them my favorite part. So once I flip and they start flowering, I have nothing to do until harvest really other than water and watch for pests. Thats a lot of down time Now I will be constantly doing something which is better for me (been out of work with a back injury for almost a year and half.....workers compensation)so that will help reduce my tendency to go stir crazy!!

I love training them too. I followed LA's development of fluxing religiously and did some nice fluxes in a couple of grows. Patience is not my strong suit, however, and I found the training really slowed growth and I didn't give them the extra veg time needed for good size.

Messaged Neil about the member discount on the Dwarf Star but it looks like the discount only applies to the big boy so I guess I'll run this one using my TopLED 96. Too bad, I was really looking forward to stepping up to a premium LED.

Tonight I noticed one of the tubes burned out on my T5. Fortunately the ladies are really taking to the humidity in the tent so I graduated them to the LED.

LED_004.JPG

LED_003.JPG

I love training them too. I followed LA's development of fluxing religiously and did some nice fluxes in a couple of grows. Patience is not my strong suit, however, and I found the training really slowed growth and I didn't give them the extra veg time needed for good size.

Messaged Neil about the member discount on the Dwarf Star but it looks like the discount only applies to the big boy so I guess I'll run this one using my TopLED 96. Too bad, I was really looking forward to stepping up to a premium LED.

Tonight I noticed one of the tubes burned out on my T5. Fortunately the ladies are really taking to the humidity in the tent so I graduated them to the LED.

LED_004.JPG

LED_003.JPG

Man those look great. Really really healthy looking.

Sucks about not getting the discount. It will be waiting for you when you are ready to upgrade. I am going to move mine down to the Veg tent here soon.

Ok, after doing a LOT more reading I just couldn't find anything that looked better than Perfect Sun. I've always been a big believer in full spectrum and skeptical about the whole selective spectrum approach. Nature does what she does for a reason, right? I've decided to go with the Perfect Sun mini. I'll veg under that. Once the tent fills up I'll add in the TopLED (Mars) 96. That should provide loads of light, plus it will be a great opportunity to compare the lights. Assuming it goes as expected I'll likely add a second mini next time around. I figure two smaller lights will give better coverage anyway.

Guess I'll be joining the Perfect Sun club after all!:woohoo:

Ok, after doing a LOT more reading I just couldn't find anything that looked better than Perfect Sun. I've always been a big believer in full spectrum and skeptical about the whole selective spectrum approach. Nature does what she does for a reason, right? I've decided to go with the Perfect Sun mini. I'll veg under that. Once the tent fills up I'll add in the TopLED (Mars) 96. That should provide loads of light, plus it will be a great opportunity to compare the lights. Assuming it goes as expected I'll likely add a second mini next time around. I figure two smaller lights will give better coverage anyway.

Guess I'll be joining the Perfect Sun club after all!:woohoo:

I really think you will be happy with it. I believe Growchy has one in one of his cabinet grows and he kills it from the grams per watt harvest in such a small space. Can't wait to see what it will do for you. I considered upgrading to their their COB but I am going to go just a bit pricier.....but if I end up going to with an additional tent I will probably try the PS COB in there.

More defol. All three have 12 main branches. I'll start some LST this weekend to even the tops out. Bottom left and bottom right pics are backwards I think.

Collage.jpg

Bored. Dropped 7 Durban beans from my first grow in hopes of getting 2 or 3 plants. They are 5 years old and weren't refrigerated so if even one sprouts I'll be happy. Hopefully I get a few. I plan to flux one and if I get another one stress it to produce some pollen.

As I recall they were Dutch Passion

Nice, thats who made the one I ran. I picked up the supposed real deal beans from Ace Seeds. I will give it several months and about 15 or so strains and i will try those. I got the regulars so I am thinking I will run enough to try and find a male and female to breed.

Back
Top Bottom