DogWeed's 2018 Red Dragon & LSD In Soil Under Perfect Sun CoB

Dogweed

420 Member
Hey 420! How's everyone doing?

Im growing LSD and Red Dragon from Barneys Farm in a 4x4 vivoson tent with a Perfect Sun CoB (1st grow with it). I use 5 gallon air pots with Ocean Forest soil. As the nutrients go, I've been following the Fox Farm schedule fairly close and add a little silica and Great White here and there. The only part I dont do is foliar feed. I started off 1/4 strength and keep upping it until I reached full strength or the plants start to show issues, in this grow I reached full strength before the tips started to show any signs of issues. The intake for the tent varies depending on the weather, if its under 60 out I draw air from outside. If its over 60 I take air from an A/C'd room. The exhaust is a 330cfm 6" fan drawing from a carbon filter and pushing the air through a light box I built for the LED and then vents out through a ceiling fan that constantly draws 80cfm 100% of the time. The big fan kicks on when the canopy reaches 80*F. I also put an exhale co2 bag in the tent. I didn't expect anything from it since I remove air so fast from the tent but I gained 4 inches of growth before I started to get light burn. So, I'll keep an open mind about that. 4 inches of extra head room is a huge gain when youre working in limited space.

Im currently 4 weeks from harvest. The grow went very well during veg, the only thing that went wrong was the Red Dragon got a little stunted in the Ocean Forest as a seedling and lagged behind the LSD for most of the grow after that. The Dragon also has been a veg monster, requiring heavy weekly defoliation and even now after the growth period is over its still a super bushy plant. I'll probably go in there one more time to try and get some light penetration for the lower parts. But its going to be a multi stage harvest no matter what.

The LSD grew great during veg with ideal node spacing, it really is an easy plant to grow. I topped it and pulled it over a few times before I put the scrog over it and then just let it fill up.

Once I went to flower on April 4th both turned about the same time and have stayed fairly even paced with each other. About 2 weeks ago however the LSD started to show signs of toxicity with major clawing, so I flushed and it bounced back. A few days later I noticed a some signs of deficiencies (brown blotches) and suspect that the soils pH was dropping. As of the last few days I've been mostly just watering with 6.8-7.0 pH in hopes to bring it back up a bit. Over this weekend I haven't noticed too much of a change in conditions so Im hoping the pH was the correct guess and its getting back under control.

Thanks. How long have you had your PS COB? so far I like it but I'll have to see it do a few different strains in flower to have an idea if I like it or love it.
I’ve only had mine for about 4 months and so far I haven’t had any trouble out of it yet. I’m 4 weeks in flower with three different strains and so far they are doing great. They got frost really early so hopefully it’s gonn be some nice quality bud.✌️

Thank you. I almost waited until the next grow to start a journal but then I figured why not, there's still a little while to go with these girls.

Thank you. I almost waited until the next grow to start a journal but then I figured why not, there's still a little while to go with these girls.
Ya welcome dog. They look lovely. I got a lsd25 seed waiting in the wings. Couple beans in front of her on the list though.

Just a quick weekend update. I estimate harvest will come in 2 weeks maybe 3.

I found it to be a pain to remove the excess water from the trays so I came up with a way to wick the water away and have it done automatically. The trick is to have your planted trays slightly higher than the empty one. It takes about 20-40 minutes to remove the water from the planted trays, and about 3-4 hrs to evaporate whats in the empty tray.

Boy oh boy do they smell. I just replaced the carbon filter due to the smell in the house building up and it helped a lot but you can still tell there is some heady shit growing somewhere.

Im starting to ween them off the food, They are now just getting 3 tsp Big Bloom, 2 Tsp Tiger Bloom, 3 tsp Bembe' and a pinch of cha-ching on a feed feed water schedule. The LSD will be on to just water next Wednesday until she shows me a bit of amber, then its chop chop. The Red Dragon will probably get another 2 weeks of feeding before she gets just water, hopefully a little less.

Hey 420! How's everyone doing?

Im growing LSD and Red Dragon from Barneys Farm in a 4x4 vivoson tent with a Perfect Sun CoB (1st grow with it). I use 5 gallon air pots with Ocean Forest soil. As the nutrients go, I've been following the Fox Farm schedule fairly close and add a little silica and Great White here and there. The only part I dont do is foliar feed. I started off 1/4 strength and keep upping it until I reached full strength or the plants start to show issues, in this grow I reached full strength before the tips started to show any signs of issues. The intake for the tent varies depending on the weather, if its under 60 out I draw air from outside. If its over 60 I take air from an A/C'd room. The exhaust is a 330cfm 6" fan drawing from a carbon filter and pushing the air through a light box I built for the LED and then vents out through a ceiling fan that constantly draws 80cfm 100% of the time. The big fan kicks on when the canopy reaches 80*F. I also put an exhale co2 bag in the tent. I didn't expect anything from it since I remove air so fast from the tent but I gained 4 inches of growth before I started to get light burn. So, I'll keep an open mind about that. 4 inches of extra head room is a huge gain when youre working in limited space.

Im currently 4 weeks from harvest. The grow went very well during veg, the only thing that went wrong was the Red Dragon got a little stunted in the Ocean Forest as a seedling and lagged behind the LSD for most of the grow after that. The Dragon also has been a veg monster, requiring heavy weekly defoliation and even now after the growth period is over its still a super bushy plant. I'll probably go in there one more time to try and get some light penetration for the lower parts. But its going to be a multi stage harvest no matter what.

The LSD grew great during veg with ideal node spacing, it really is an easy plant to grow. I topped it and pulled it over a few times before I put the scrog over it and then just let it fill up.

Once I went to flower on April 4th both turned about the same time and have stayed fairly even paced with each other. About 2 weeks ago however the LSD started to show signs of toxicity with major clawing, so I flushed and it bounced back. A few days later I noticed a some signs of deficiencies (brown blotches) and suspect that the soils pH was dropping. As of the last few days I've been mostly just watering with 6.8-7.0 pH in hopes to bring it back up a bit. Over this weekend I haven't noticed too much of a change in conditions so Im hoping the pH was the correct guess and its getting back under control.

So many bud sites, it's ridiculously gorgeous!

I harvested the LSD yesterday, I need to figure out how to trim faster. Took me 10 hrs to do one plant until I finally said screw it and tossed everything left into the bowl trimmer. Im also starting to question this LED hype, while trimming I noticed that if the bud did not get DIRECT light it was yellow and under developed. The out side of the buds look good and finished until you open them up and look inside them. It appears that the LED can barely penetrate an inch of canopy. Ill give it one more grow but if I get the same results its back to HPS.

The smell is great and they are super sticky, I went through a ton of gloves. Over all Im happy with the take, I'll see how happy I stay when I get a finale weight.

This was one of the top middle bud sites, you can see the color fade to a much lighter green only an inch from the top.

The LSD is done drying and I have it in jars for the cure. Dry weight before cure is 8oz, 2g. Its not a bad take but I was really hoping for a bit more than that. It does smell amazing though, super sweet and earthy and the high is trippy to the point its almost disorienting.

The LSD Clone blew up! it went a bit to long but it looks great! I harvested it and the Red Dragon a few days ago but didnt take any photos of the RD. Cant wait until that's ready, it smells exotic!

And Im done. I really liked the LSD it has a really strong heady aroma to it. The Red Dragon is great smoke but looks bad to me. The RD clones are doing awesome though, they are not nearly as densely packed.

Back
Top Bottom