Pantagruel's Return - Pure Kush - LSD - Red Dragon - Blue Widow

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
Back after a few years off. My wife's mom moved in with us and I lost my room. Just moved into a new house, got a decent grow space again.

I've had some seeds in the crisper drawer for over two years now. Took a nice selection, Pure Kush, LSD, Red Dragon, Blue Widow. All 4 popped! Last of the Red Dragon, can't wait to taste that again. Also the LSD. So much of what's around is Kush, mel-low - the LSD has a really nice buzzy buzz.

It's gonna be a nice long veg. Legalization will be here in July, goal is to have this all harvested and cured right around then. I'll probably keep it simple, topping, maybe some defoliation. Babies are just 3 days old under a T5 24x7. After a few weeks I'll switch over to my single Topled 3x96 (sold my other one).

So good to be growing again - didn't realize how much I missed it!

Edit: Hey! Looks like LA is back too. Cool!!

Some pics to get things rolling. The LSD is a midget, seems to me that's how they start, have to check back in my journals. The group shot is at 3 days. I'll start squeezing the stems in a couple more days, that always seems to encourage some growth.

December_2017_Grow_002.JPG
dragon2.JPG
pk216.JPG

This is my new space. We have a big cold room 16'x6' 11 feet high. I was thinking of building a plywood grow box at the end on the bench, but a 2x4 grow tent would also fit in there perfectly. There's an external ventilation hole right above the T5 fixture in the picture (blocked off for the winter). I'm thinking the tent might be a whole lot easier and maybe better. too. Won't really matter until it comes time to flower so I have some time to decide. I could also frame off a whole section at the end. Decisions, decisions.

Dec_2017_Cold_Room_005.JPG

So a few issues. First, the back part of the house including my prospective grow space is underpowered. Moved my veg space to another less private room so I'll definitely be getting a tent, probably a Mars 2x4. Then there's the thrips. Got a bit careless and reused some soil. Luckily I've had them before so I noticed the little bloodsuckers right away. Cleaned and transplanted. Hopefully that does the trick.

At 2 weeks the Blue Widow and Pure Kush are much larger than the LSD and Red Dragon. I may flux them just to keep everyone close to the same size.

Dec_17_Grow_007.JPG

Growth has been slow because it is so dry so I started using a humidifier. No sign of thrips, so that's good. The LSD has struggled since day one. I had to break it out of the shell and it lost a cotelydon. It was small, now it's fighting stem rot, but she is hanging in there. I definitely don't want to lose her as it's one of my favourite strains and my last seed.

Speaking of seeds, I'm a little concerned that seeds are going to be hard to get once we are legalized. Apparently some distributors are already getting shut down in Canada. I'm going to start stockpiling. I might even get some non-feminized seed to start producing more of my own. I still have a good supply of my Durban-Lights hybrid but ya need a good selection, right? Picking up some Trainwreck today.

DSC070025.JPG

Super cold here, -20C outside much of the time, and super dry. I topped the two largest plants and removed a bunch of fan leaves to bring the branches up. The Blue Widow (back left) is really growing a nice even canopy and is going to be a beautiful plant. Running the cool mist humidifier full blast to get 44%.

2018GrowHumid_005.JPG
2018GrowHumid_006.JPG

2018GrowHumid_007.JPG

Growth has been slow because it is so dry so I started using a humidifier. No sign of thrips, so that's good. The LSD has struggled since day one. I had to break it out of the shell and it lost a cotelydon. It was small, now it's fighting stem rot, but she is hanging in there. I definitely don't want to lose her as it's one of my favourite strains and my last seed.

Speaking of seeds, I'm a little concerned that seeds are going to be hard to get once we are legalized. Apparently some distributors are already getting shut down in Canada. I'm going to start stockpiling. I might even get some non-feminized seed to start producing more of my own. I still have a good supply of my Durban-Lights hybrid but ya need a good selection, right? Picking up some Trainwreck today.

DSC070025.JPG

Why would your seed distributors be getting shutting down if you are legalizing in your country? Is it the government trying to take over control of who can sell seeds? Seems odd.

It was funny, I went to Florida for the holidays and I forgot a part to my bong and had to visit a local smoke shop to buy the missing piece. I asked the store guy where he kept that particular selection (it was a big store). The dude tripped out......"You can't say bong dude". I started laughing thinking that I must look like a schmuck and he is fucking with me. I responded to his shocked look on his face at my reaction with a "are you serious....I can't say bong?". Dude about lost his mind..."That's twice! You said BONG twice!!". Now I am really thinking what the hell is going on? So I respond with "Are you fucking serious.....you can sell bongs and parts to bongs but I can't say BONG?". I swear to god this world doesn't make sense me man.

Yeah, I think the upshot is there is going to be a whole lot of red tape around seeds pretty soon. Either way, can't hurt to have a little stockpile... :)

:Namaste:

I hear you there brother.......I have managed to stockpile about 150 strains over 2017 and will be looking to add to that number in the upcoming year. I even crossed my Durban Poison with Alaskan Thunderfuck for some Durban Thunderfuck. I have about 400 beans of that strain to start working on growing out as well as adding new crosses to my inventory.

Topped and trimmed. A little on the small side for a month, but I always thought compact was good. At 3-4 inches tall the ladies already have 5 nodes each. I think the Red Dragon actually has six.

Grow_Jan7_002.JPG

Have you ever tried that Red Dragon before? I have a couple beans of it and am curious how you like it if you have had it before.

This is Red Dragon. It is sooo sweet and tasty. I wrote a smoke report on it. Just the best. I listed it as my favourite strain. Lately though I'm leaning more to the LSD and Durban Poison for their stimulating properties. RD is my favourite mellow strain though for sure. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sep4Nug02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom