Erk202 - 1st Indoor Grow - Eartha

Re: Erk202 - 1st Indoor Grow (Eartha pt.2)

UPDATED NEWS:

Official day of Eartha sprouting out soil = Jan.6 5pm-6pm'ish

Let the soil dry out real good all day today jan.6, and i just gave her 1 cup of water like 2 hours ago and she sprouted out the soil a little more after giving her some good ol deer park. ;]

She's really green idk if all seedlings are suppose to that green or is that a good start off sign that she's gonna be healthy ?

DIGI00016.JPG

cam isnt that good but, it will have to do.

DIGI00028.JPG

DIGI00034.JPG

:peace::popcorn:

Small Update:
Removed the lamp reflector (read some where that its best/recommend) and for some reason the light seems more brighter then usual :)

032247277938.jpg
Also This Fri. I will be purchasing some regular MG-potting soil (Yes yes i know what you'll responses would be MG is plain shit, but this is my 1st grow and im just learning this 1st grow, if this 1 is successful my second one, i will get all the top flight items that you'll recommend intel then im working with what i can get atm.) And on that note, the Journal (1st man poor grow) he is using the same soil, and has gotten some good results so lets see what will happen for me.

073561000925.jpg

After i purchase that, when some more money comes through ill be geting some MG Bloom booster for my nutes + for veg.

Updated buying list (in order):
1.MG-Potting soil
2.2 bulb socket
3.1 CFL with 6500k color (Maybe at the same time i get the sockets since the sockets is only $2.00/ea.)
:peace::popcorn:
im lost at that reflector thing, i thought its was better to have one so why did u take it off

no i took the "lamp" shaped reflector off for various reasons....

1.It was the plastic kind to begin with. (not recommended)

2.I wanted to try the soda can method. (Im liking it so far)

3.When the plant gets bigger, the lamp fixture is not going to be no good to use anymore cuz all it does is reflects light downwards.

4.The soda can works in both situations cuz it can be placed inside the pot at the bottom, so light can be reflected to the lower of the plants leaves & the sides...

no i took the "lamp" shaped reflector off for various reasons....

1.It was the plastic kind to begin with. (not recommended)

2.I wanted to try the soda can method. (Im liking it so far)

3.When the plant gets bigger, the lamp fixture is not going to be no good to use anymore cuz all it does is reflects light downwards.

4.The soda can works in both situations cuz it can be placed inside the pot at the bottom, so light can be reflected to the lower of the plants leaves & the sides...

ok i get it thanks for clearing that up cant wait to see ur plants grow

cool setup dude. looks similar to my first CFL grow. something i noticed was the use of the Deer Park water. that is drinking water, which is obviously processed for people to drink. it has various chemicals in it like tap water (chlorine, amongst other things). now i'm familiar with deer park and i'm thinkin you buy a 24 pack for maybe $4 or 5. i might suggest using distilled water from any grocery store. i get mine at wal-mart for about 80 cents per gallon. the gallon of D.W. i'm using now is pH 6.0, so i have to raise it a bit, but there are none of those drinking water chemicals in it. i did however use tap water through my entire first grow and it was okay. a gallon of distilled water will last you a little while at this point in your grow, so it might be something to consider.

good luck man and i'll stay posted to see how things are coming for you. my plants are about 4 weeks ahead of yours and i plan on flowering around Feb. 1. i'm using the MG time release ferts and CFLs so i'll give you a heads up if i run into anything and maybe that will help you avoid problems. hopefully i can get some pictures of my grow up and you can see the CFL setup.

cool setup dude. looks similar to my first CFL grow. something i noticed was the use of the Deer Park water. that is drinking water, which is obviously processed for people to drink. it has various chemicals in it like tap water (chlorine, amongst other things). now i'm familiar with deer park and i'm thinkin you buy a 24 pack for maybe $4 or 5. i might suggest using distilled water from any grocery store. i get mine at wal-mart for about 80 cents per gallon. the gallon of D.W. i'm using now is pH 6.0, so i have to raise it a bit, but there are none of those drinking water chemicals in it. i did however use tap water through my entire first grow and it was okay. a gallon of distilled water will last you a little while at this point in your grow, so it might be something to consider.

good luck man and i'll stay posted to see how things are coming for you. my plants are about 4 weeks ahead of yours and i plan on flowering around Feb. 1. i'm using the MG time release ferts and CFLs so i'll give you a heads up if i run into anything and maybe that will help you avoid problems. hopefully i can get some pictures of my grow up and you can see the CFL setup.
:thanks:

wow cool dude. ima make sure i follow ur journal.....

yea well actually mom gets the 24 pack..lol i just use it to water my plants cuz its more cleaner then the tap water. But is it possible i can boil some water and use that instead? since boiled water kills mostly anything thats already in it to begin with.

Also im going into 12/12 (flowering) soons Eartha 2 leaves start showing. That way once it starts showing its sex, it will then begin flowering once its mature enough to.
(Thanks to McBudz advise)

where is your journal link so i can bookmark it can keep up with it?

i don't have a journal right now b/c i can't take pictures just yet. i know everyone loves the pictures and i don't want to dissappoint with a journal and no pictures. i'm working on the camera, but i'll try and get some pics.

i don't have the journal going, but we seem to end up on the same threads all the time anyway, so we can easily keep eachother in the loop!!

i don't have a journal right now b/c i can't take pictures just yet. i know everyone loves the pictures and i don't want to dissappoint with a journal and no pictures. i'm working on the camera, but i'll try and get some pics.

i don't have the journal going, but we seem to end up on the same threads all the time anyway, so we can easily keep eachother in the loop!!

GREAT ! will do.:popcorn:

also pics later on tonight when after i water her, she's sprouting pretty good ever since i toy'ed with her with the light to get her up and running faster. LOL i will put it back down tho. But its funny how MJ plants sprout more when there is low light....

there was a thread within the last couple of days where some guy did that and his stretched way up. they reach for the light that isn't there, and it causes them to stretch

yea as of now, she's showing the 2 other leaves just a little bit. Im so revealed from the time i first planted her. ;]

Fri needs to hurry and come so i can go get my soil. I wish i can use the perlite thats in this soil with the new soil but idk if that will fuck things up.

Im trying to improvise as much as i can, to show other and new comers that it doesn't take that much to grow MJ.

you can probably use it if you want to pick all of it out of the soil. that sounds like a lot of extra work though. you should be able to get some at a garden center. if your low on $ though, you gotta do what you gotta do.

that sounds ok, will give me something to do. Ill do anything for my Eartha though...I did all that other stuff, shoot why not. Plus perlite is harder then soil, so i can some how put the soil in a container that yes tiny hole and i can smoosh all the wet soil and pick the perlie out that way. Ill find a way.

that's not a bad idea really. BTW, your thread title says Eartha pt.2, i kinda feel stupid for asking but what the hell is Eartha? i've seen a lot of seed sites and i've never heard of that type. then i thought maybe that's what you named her...

that's not a bad idea really. BTW, your thread title says Eartha pt.2, i kinda feel stupid for asking but what the hell is Eartha? i've seen a lot of seed sites and i've never heard of that type. then i thought maybe that's what you named her...

LOL ya, i shoulda added Bagseed, cuz i have no idea what strain she is, but the weed i got the seed from was some good shit idk what that strain was either but all i know it had my high as hell.

It was that kind of funny giggle high. I kept laughin and shit idk why, and i been smokin for 8 years.

Usually first smokers laugh at anything when they 1st get high but im not a amature. so i know it was good shit.

yea well actually mom gets the 24 pack..lol i just use it to water my plants cuz its more cleaner then the tap water. But is it possible i can boil some water and use that instead? since boiled water kills mostly anything thats already in it to begin with.

Bump.........

my first grow was from some killer mids i had. started out with 3 seeds of this shit and only ended up with one in the end, but it was bomb.

as far as the boiling water. i did this during the first grow, and i had no way of testing whether or not the chemicals were gone. i think that is what the point of boiling is though, to get rid of contaminants. i did notice that the pH wasn't affected by boiling, i'm pretty sure (it was about 3 months ago and you know the whole memory thing!)

Back
Top Bottom